Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Blurry

Warped Tour was beginning to take a toll on me mentally. I know it had only been a few days but I hate living out of suitcases. I felt cluttered and I needed my own closet, shower, and bathroom at my convenience. It was for my own sanity. So imagine my excitement when I heard that we were getting hotel rooms at our next stop. Vegas. I haven’t been to Vegas since I was little. It was one of the last few good memories I had while my parents were still together. Just a small family on a normal vacation trip.

It seemed like tour life was taking a toll on Hanna too but for different reasons.

“How did my favorite blouse get wrinkled? It was hanging? This material is not made for ironing! Now I have to think of a whole different wardrobe for tomorrow!” said Hanna.

She was cute when she was all distressed.

“I’m sure we can find a dry cleaning place,” I said.

“Ugh, no it’s no use,” she said.

“Stop being so drama,” I said, “the wrinkles are not even noticeable.”

As pity as it sounded I enjoyed bickering with Hanna about the little things. It takes my mind off the bigger things. As for Tony and I things were still awkward. Thank goodness that the trip from Colorado to Vegas was mostly driving because I didn’t feel like acting like nothing happened in front of everyone else. I held in my pee most of the time so I didn’t have to go in the other bus and bump into him. That’s how dedicated I was to ignoring him.

The bus stopped and there was a knock on the door. Dave spoke from the other side of it.

“Hey girls, the boys want to eat so we’re stopping at this diner. We won’t make Vegas until tonight so use the bathroom, shower, and etcetera while you can. Come out in five minutes if you want to come and get something to eat.”

“Do we still have leftover Chinese food?” I asked Hanna.

“Nope we finished it yesterday, I’m sorry Mickey I guess we’re just going to have to join the boys,” she said.

Great. All throughout yesterday I warmed up the leftovers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner just so I didn’t have to join the band for meals. So I didn’t have to look at Tony.

“Is it to late to become anorexic and starve myself?” I asked.

Hanna rolled her eyes

“Now whose being drama? You love food, you won’t even last,” she said.
“Fine,” I said.

“Don’t worry I’m sure Tony won’t be thrilled about it either,” she said.

“Yeah because that makes me want to go even more,” I said.

“You’re right you’re screwed. Okay let’s just go now I’m hungry,” said Hanna.

We walked out of the bus and into the diner. The boys were already sitting down at the table conversing when the stopped to notice us.

“Well look who came to join us today,” said Jaime.

“Yeah I was starting to think you girls were starving yourselves or something,” said Vic.

I wish I could Vic but unfortunately food is my weakness. Hanna sat down at the end of the table leaving me with only one available option. The empty chair in front of Tony.

“Have you guys ordered yet?” asked Hanna.

“Yeah, but we ordered drinks for you guys already, I hope pink lemonade is okay,” said Vic.

“Yes!” Hanna and I said in unison. Any kind of lemonade was our favorite. We use to hand squeeze that shit homemade back in L.A. Tony gave me a look as I got all excited. I all of a sudden went nauseous. I preoccupied myself with the menu not really looking at it.

The waitress came back with our drinks.

“Oh I see the rest of your party is here? Have you girls decided on your order yet?” she asked overly peppy.

“I’ll get a grilled cheese with fries,” said Hanna.

“Ok what can I get you Hun?” she asked.

I wanted fries so bad but eating heavy Chinese food yesterday was bad enough.

“Your chicken salad would be ok,” I said.

“Alright I’ll get those started for you,” she said.

When she walked away the boys busted out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” asked Hanna.

“She is just way to overly peppy, the boys are acting immature about it,” said Dave.

“Well she kind of was, but it’s her job,” I said.

“She called you Hun!” said Vic laughing even more.

Ten minutes later the waitresses came back with our food and everyone went silent.
Which meant everyone was hungry. All the boys got beefy plates. Except for Tony.
A plain salad and fries. That’s right the boy is meat free. I was about to ask him how he does it. Being a vegetarian must be hard. But then I remembered that we weren’t really on speaking terms so it was out of the question. It seemed liked he was enjoying it anyways. Not that I was taking glances at him or anything.

Dave’s phone rang half way through lunch. He quickly dismissed himself and walked away from the table.

“Damn Mikayla, don’t eat all your food at once,” said Jaime.

I looked down at my plate and realized I really haven’t touched it. I was pretty hungry before I sat down and ordered but it seemed like somewhere along the way I lost my appetite. I was pretty sure Tony had everything to do with it. Why does this boy make me so nervous? Maybe I can take this salad to go and actually eat without the fear that he might be staring at me.

“Sorry I guess I wasn’t that hungry,” I said.

Dave came back looking frustrated. He approached Hanna and I.

“Sorry girls but I guess we are going to have to take a ride with the boys for the last four hours of the trip. Apparently our tour bus had a earlier check-in time than the band’s bus. The bus driver had to leave already if he wanted to make it to the next venue on time.”

Oh no, this was not happening! I’m going to be stuck with Tony for four hours on the bus? Just kill me now!

Hanna and I got to go boxes (the boys all finished their food) and Dave paid for the bill. On the way to the bus I had a half a mind to book it toward the other direction. Then I remembered that Hanna made me wear heels today. I was trapped.

We weren’t even fully in the bus when Mike yelled “Shots!”

Of course he would turn this into a party. If only the rest of the band knew how awkward this party really was.

Hanna and I sat down while the liquor was being pulled out of the cabinets. I think they had every brand of rum possible. I wasn’t sure but they’re pierce the veil, I wouldn’t doubt if they did. I tried being preoccupied with my phone just so I could avoid it all but it seemed like Mike wasn’t having any of it because he shoved shots in our hands. I went along with the first round hoping I didn’t have to take anymore but Mike just kept handing us shots after that. The whole bus was drunk after and hour excluding Dave of course. He was the responsible one. Jaime started bumping some rap music that I had no clue about. If it was even possible the boys started getting crazier and crazier by the minute. They were acting like total guys. It was pretty funny. That’s when I had an epiphany. You know what? Who cares if Tony and I had an awkward situation? Shit happens. I need to start having fun. I need to forget about it all. I don’ know what it was, maybe liquid courage, but I got up and joined the boys and started dancing to the music. Hanna followed suit. The first time in a long time I was enjoying myself. Before we knew it we were in Vegas.

The city looked amazing as always at night. I was excited to finally come as an adult. The bus got checked into a parking lot and we climb out of the bus. Apparently tonight we were going out to a bar with the band to meet some people there. As if we weren't hammered as it was. We left parking lot area and started walking down the street. All I could think was how hard it was to walk in heels while drunk. Hanna and I followed the boys into a sketchy looking bar. It was crowded with people surprisingly.

By the time we sat down everything was getting pretty cloudy. Damn you Mike for getting me drunk. We arrived at an area where pool tables were set up. Hanna excused herself to go to the bathroom while I sat down on the nearest unoccupied table. I didn’t know anything about pool so I pretended to watch people play as I was really just zoning out from all the alcohol. I was too zoned out that I didn’t realize someone was standing next to me until they talked.

“Hi,”

I turned around to see a tatted up guy, who happened to be really cute. He looked really familiar. I think he was in a band but I wasn’t sure. Everything seemed so blurry.

“Hi,” I replied.

“So I heard you are working for my boys in Pierce the Veil,” he said.

“Yeah my best friend and I are working merch,” I said.

“That’s cool, I just saw you sitting down by yourself so I thought I’d give you company,” he said, “where’s your friend?”

“Bathroom,” I said. I was starting to think that he really didn’t care where “my friend” was. He was just making conversation just to talk to me.

I started scanning the area for Hanna hoping I can dodge this uncomfortable conversation. But I couldn’t see her. I did happen to see Tony in the corner of my eye watching though. Ugh why can’t he just leave me alone?

“Hey are you okay?” asked the guy.

I realized I was gripping the table where I was sitting at too hard.

“Yeah I had a little to much to drink on the way over here,” I admitted.

The guy laughed. He was pretty good looking and his smile was enough to make any girl melt.

“Well if you aren’t feeling to good maybe I can get you out of here,”

I don’t know if it had to do with the alcohol, or that a cute guy was talking to me, or knowing that Tony was staring at me, but I started feeling sick. Maybe it was all three. This guy’s offer sounded appealing.

“Sure, but where?” I asked. What am I getting myself into? All I can remember was following him out of the bar.

After that everything went blank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another cliffhanger!

So yeah I know this took so long but this past week was crazy for me with family and work stuff.

Thanks again you guys for reading! Feedback is always amazing

Follow me on tumblr:
munkiemax.tumblr.com
and Twitter:
@mun_kie

XOXO