Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Trust

There was annoying sound that didn’t want to go away. I ignored it the first few times but it kept coming back. Ugh. I opened my eyes expecting to be in a bus, but I wasn’t. That’s when I realized the annoying sound was my phone ringing. I looked at the screen. I had like twenty missed calls. They were all from Hanna. I looked around me. Oh no where am I? This bed was definitely not the one that I’ve been sleeping in for the past few days. My phone rang again and I finally answered it.

“Hello?” I said.

“WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!” screamed Hanna. Just then my head started hurting.

Hangover.

“Woah calm down,” I said.

“I am not calming down! I’ve been calling you for the past hour!” she said.

Just then something shifted next to me. I looked next to me and there was a guy laying down shirtless. Oh no. Who the fuck? He then turned over on his back revealing his identity. Holy Shit!

“Hanna I know this sounds crazy but I think I just woke up next to the singer from Of Mice & Men.”

Hanna screamed

“Austin Carlile?!?! Mickey what the fuck?” she yelled.

Flashbacks came to me from last night. A guy coming up to me at the bar. Him leading me out of the bar, and that was it. That was all I could remember.

“Hanna I don’t remember anything,” I said. I began panicking. Did we sleep together? I looked under my sheets and I was wearing gym shorts that were most likely his and a tank top that I was wearing last night.

“Okay well I happened to be in our assigned hotel room right now. Quick Mickey can you describe the pattern of the bedding?” asked Hanna.

I described to her the dark green and red pattern on the comforter of the bed.

“Ok, you must be in the same hotel. My sheets are exactly the same. Meet me in the lobby,” said Hanna.

“What do I do about Austin though? I can’t just get up and leave. I need to know if we you know...had sex?” I said.

There was a silent pause

“You’re right, take care of that and meet me in 15 minutes,” she said.

I hung up and I turned towards Austin. How do I wake him up?

I lightly grabbed his shoulder and shook him.

He opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled.

“Hey gorgeous, you’re awake,” he said.

Can we say cheesy?

“Yeah well it was very rude awakening if you ask me,” I replied.

“Oh really? What was so bad about it?” he asked.

Was he really going to flirt with me right now? I don’t even know him like this. But I played along anyways.

“Well I woke up to my friend freaking out where the hell I was. I didn’t even know where I was. And find out to my surprise I slept in the same bed as Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men? ”

“Yup, the one and only,” he said with a grin.

He was a cocky bastard, but he was good looking and had an amazing voice so I guess he was allowed to be.

“Well I’m just going to be straightforward with this. Did we have sex?” I asked.

He laughed.

“No we didn’t,” he said.

Not that he isn't gorgeous but what a relief!

“Okay so what exactly happened last night?” I asked

“Well while I was playing pool with my buddies,” said Austin, “PTV showed up towing you and your friend. You guys were late for your bus check-in apparently. Mike blamed the Jack. Anyways your friend walked away and you sat down. I guess Tony realized you were messed up so he asked me to help you.”

“Wait what, Tony asked you to help me?” I asked.

“Yeah he said something about owing you one for taking care of him when he was drunk,” he said, “I asked you where your friend was before I did anything because I thought maybe she could help but she was no where in sight. So I brought you to my room.”

This all makes a little more sense. But why was Tony doing this? Can’t he just let it all go? Also why is he having his friends do his biddings? They don’t need to get involved either.

“Oh ok thanks, I guess this situation wasn’t as bad as I thought,” I said.

“Well it was my pleasure. I actually have been noticing you around lately. I was very happy when Tony asked me to help you. It gave me an excuse to talk to you,” he said.

Well this was awkward. I wasn’t sure if he was being honest or if he said that to all the girls he meets on tour. I really didn’t know what to say. I never got this kind of attention before.

“I um, you’re really good looking and all but,” I said.

“Let me guess, you’re in love with one of the Pierce the Veil members, right?” he asked.

I stayed quiet. Is it that noticeable?

“How....?” I asked.

“Damn Mexicans they always get all the girls,” he said.

I laughed.

“Yeah well not like it’s going to happen anyway,” I said.

“And why is that, not that I object to it,” said Austin.

I shouldn’t even be discussing this with him, but something told me I could trust him. Plus Austin didn’t seem like the guy that would go and run his mouth. It would feel good for once to let it all out to someone who I didn’t care if they judged me, like Hanna.

“Well because he’s taken,” I said.

He gave me a serious look.

“No! Not Tony! Of all the members, you like the only one who has a girlfriend?” he asked.

I sighed. I change my mind I don’t want to talk about it anymore.

“Yeah well there’s nothing I could do about it now,” I said.

“Hey we don’t have to talk about it if it makes you upset,” he said.

“Don’t worry it’s not your fault, but you have to answer one more question for me,” I said.

“Anything,” he said.

“I’m wearing your shorts?” I asked.

Did he change me himself, If so did he sneak a peek?

“Oh no it’s not what you think,” he said, “ You were sober enough to put them on yourself. You changed in the bathroom. It wasn’t after you came out that you passed out cold in the bed,” he explained.

Good at least I can leave here with some dignity.

“Okay well Hanna is waiting for me downstairs,” I said while getting up. I found my jeans from last night and waited for Austin to turn around. He closed his eyes and I changed. Austin walked me to the door.

“Well thanks again,” I said.

“Yeah no problem,” he said.

I really didn’t know how to say bye. Handshake? Hug?

Austin bent down and kissed me on the cheek. I guess that works too.

“Tony is really missing out,” said Austin while I blushed.

I didn’t know how to respond to that.

“I really have to go now,” I said.

“Ok, see you around Mikayla,” he said.

With that I walked out and headed towards the elevator. When the door opened I stepped into the lobby to see Hanna right there waiting for me. She looked distressed.

“I know you were worried sick, sorry I won’t do that to you again,” I promised.

She looked like she wanted to cry. Something else was going on, I could feel it.

“She’s here Mickey,” said Hanna.

That’s all I needed to know. That’s the weird thing about having a best friend; they don’t need to say much and you could read their minds on pure emotion.

Audrey is here visiting Tony.

My Summer just got a whole lot worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here you go.

I don't know how I feel about this chapter.

But I do like that Austin made a little cameo. Maybe he will be more apart of this story? I really haven't decided on it yet. Oh BTW I saw OM&M at Warped in Irvine. Amazeballs!

Oh my god you guys! I met Pierce the Veil for the first time! I was soo shy but I was able to ask Tony for a pic

Just so you all think I'm not lying: http://munkiemax.tumblr.com/post/25655501683/i-got-a-pic-with-tony-perry-yesterday-at-warped

Pierce the Veil set was Epic as usual. No surprises there

Anyways, Feedback is amazing as always. Don't be afraid to ask me things on my tumblr too =). I need some lovin <3

XOXO