Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Jealous

The next few days were successful. The Vegas and Irvine show brought in bigger crowds and more business. Hanna and I were super busy. So it was a relief to know that we were going to be able to go home for a bit and spend a night in our beds before we have to leave Cali. I was looking forward to relaxation when I remembered that Hanna had promised a party for PTV.

“Can we just cancel it?” I asked Hanna.

“I want to lay in my pj’s and do absolutely nothing,” I told her.

“No we cannot Mickey, that’s rude,” she said.

“Ugh fine,” I said.

“Austin is coming, you can look forward to that,” said Hanna.

After out little sleepover, I've been spending a lot of my free time with him. We kissed a few more times and even held hands. That was it. No title. No strings attached. I liked it that way. It was simple. With him I was just in the moment. I could act myself around him. I tried to keep us out limelight, but of course there was those really annoying fans that seem to know their way around everything. Fans of course are freaking over the Internet about Austin’s new girl. I just ignored it all. I didn't care about what other people thought. I was more still worried about Tony.

I hadn't seen him at all. I wasn't purposely trying to avoid him. Everywhere I went he wasn't around. Was I spending too much time with Austin? I promised Tony that we could still be friends.

That’s when I got an idea.

I pulled out my phone and texted Austin on what I was thinking about. That’s what I loved about him. I didn’t have to hide. He was understanding, more so than Hanna.

Austin texted me a number followed by a happy face.

I called the number hoping he didn’t answer and I can say I tried.

After two rings there was an answer

“Hello,” answered Tony

“Hey it’s Mickey,” I said.

“Oh…hey,” said Tony quietly. He was awfully quiet.

“I’m sorry is this a bad time?” I asked. Shit what if Audrey was with him.

“Actually yeah kind of,” he answered. I could hear pain in his voice

What was the matter with him?

“Well I just wanted to say hi. I know I promised not to be a stranger,” I said.

There was silence.

Oh god what did I do now?

“ Uh…Tony?” I asked.

He sighed.

“About that I was thinking and I think its best if we just don’t talk unless it’s professionally,” he said.

“Wait what? What ever happened to us still being friends?” I asked

“No that was a mistake, we can’t be friends,” he said.

I couldn't believe it. What was wrong with this guy?

“Does Audrey have anything to do with it?” I asked.

“No, stop trying to blame her for everything,” he said.

“Of course I’m going to blame her,” I yelled, “she’s the reason we can’t like each other!”

“Like me? You don’t like me. You’re all hung up on Austin now. So what Mickey you’re over me now? Just like that?” he yelled over the phone.

That was it. I wasn't avoiding him. He was avoiding me.

“So this has to do with Austin?” I asked, “are you jealous?”

There was another long pause.

“I don’t have time for this,” he said.

“Don’t you dare hang up,” I said and then he hung up on me.

“What the fuck!” I screamed and I threw my phone on the floor of the bus.

What the hell just happened? How dare Tony be mad at me for something that I couldn't control? We agreed we would be friends. Why did he have to act this way?

I was so caught up in my anger and hate when I didn't realize I had a text from Austin.

Austin: How did it go?

I didn't feel like angry texting the whole damn story so I called him.

“What up girl?”

“Tony is a fucking dick and I never want to talk to him again,” I said

“Wow what happened?” asked Austin.

“He’s bipolar that’s what happened,” I said.

“Calm down now, can you just tell me?” he asked.

I told him about how Tony just got all psychotic on the phone with me. It surprised me what followed out of his mouth after.

“Well do you blame him?” he asked

“Wait you’re taking his side?” I asked

“No believe me I’m totally team Mickey,” said Austin, “but I mean like see it from his point of view. He didn't even know about me.”

“And? He didn't even tell me about Audrey,” I said.

“I know but he probably didn't think there was competition,” he said.

“Competition?” I asked, “I’m sorry but I didn't know I was a damn race!”

“Just don’t worry about it Mikayla,” said Austin, “just go get ready for your party.”

“Ugh!” I exclaimed.

“…and make sure you wear something extra hot,” said Austin

I laughed

“Perv!” I yelled and I hung up.

I decided to go get ready for the party and ignored Tony’s behavior like Austin told me I should do. Hanna of course chose my outfit and thankfully kept her word about not having to wear heels. She laid out a dress for me of course. It was spaghetti strapped, burgundy, and had a velvet feel to it. It kind of liked it, reminded me of a dress I use to have for tap class when I was little. Right next to the dress were combat boots and…dangling earrings? This was new. They were shiny and gold and they looked like they would rip my ears off.

I called Hanna from my room and she came in a few seconds earlier wearing her own dress, except it was neon pink.

“Do you really expect me to wear these,” I asked holding up the earrings.

Hanna completely ignored me and looked around my room with her mouth opened.

“What?” I asked.

“Mickey do you not realize what are covering your walls?” she asked.

I looked around me room

Crap.

All around my room was multiple Pierce the Veil posters. One wall especially dedicated to Tony. How the hell did I not realize how fan girlish my room looked?

“Omg Hanna help me take it down,” I said

“There’s no time people are arriving in a few minutes, this will take hours to bring it all down,” she said.

“Oh my god Hanna what do I do?” I asked panicking

“Don’t worry we’ll just lock your room, I think I have the spare key to unlock it from outside,” she said.

I sighed.

Just then the doorbell rang.

“I’ll go get it now just change and then lock your door from inside and close it,” she said.

I quickly changed into my outfit and grabbed my cell phone. I double-checked that the door was locked and closed it shut. I turned the knob just to make sure my room was locked shut. I walked to the kitchen to find two cousins yelling at each other. Steven was the lovely guest at our door.

“I am not going to play your shitty ass music, now get out of my face!” yelled Hanna.

“C’mon Hanna GOML! My music is the shit!” yelled Steven.

What the fuck is goml? Is all I could think? Times like these when I felt really old.

“No Steven,” she said.

“Well your party is going to suck if I can’t play my Ipod,” he said.

They finally got out of their little scuffle and realized I was standing right in front of them.

“Hey Mickey, have you told Tony about your dying affection for him yet?” asked Steven.

“No, have you come out of the closet yet?” I asked.

“Ha Mickey’s got jokes, been hanging with PTV too long,” he said.

The doorbell rang again.

I went to go get it. It was Austin.

“Hey gorgeous,” said Austin and he kissed me on the cheek.

I closed the door behind him and tried to ignore the shocked and confused look on Steven’s face.

“So let’s get this party started,” said Austin.

We all took a shot together before everyone else got there. I should have realized it was a bad idea right then a there.

Never get drunk early.

When everyone arrived half an hour later I was already drunk, having drank 3 more shots.

Everyone seemed like they were having a good time. I didn't even notice Audrey even piercing her eyes on me. I wish I wasn't drunk and I wish I had seen what was coming next.

I wasn't prepared for the most embarrassing night of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thanks everyone for being so patient. I went through some issues and I didn't want them influencing my story. So I tried clearing my head before I updated.

Thanks to my friend who helped me get push on this chapter.

-xoxo