Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Crush

The next morning Steven came to pick us up.

“Do you girls want coffee? We have time before we hit the road.”

“Sure,” we said.

So with our lattes now in tow, we were San Diego bound.

“So Mickey, you still have a crush on Tony?” said Steven.

“Shove it Steve!” yelled Hanna and she smacked him over the head

“ Don’t get your panties in a bunch, I’m just curious!” said Steven

I just sat there quiet. Yes, I Mikayla have a crush on none other than Pierce the Veil’s lead guitarist Tony Perry. The only flaw to Hanna’s plan that she obviously saw, but didn’t do anything about. It wouldn’t be so pathetic if the fact that I never met him and I’m a 21-year-old woman.

Hanna just looked at me and said, “Just ignore my cousin, it’s going to be okay I promise. As long as no one finds out you should be ok. The last thing they will be worrying about is what band member the new merchandise girls have a crush on, I assure you.”

All I did was nod. Yeah that definitely would be really embarrassing if everyone were to find out.

“I’m so glad my lovely cousin is just dropping us off,” said Hanna.

“Yeah this lovely cousin just got you two dream summer jobs so be happy,” said Steven as he turned up the music, which kept us all quiet for the rest of the two hour drive.

I found myself nervous when we started exiting the freeway. Don’t worry Mikayla it’s just your anxiety you’ll be ok. As we started to drive into the side streets, the little fan girl inside me kicked in. Nervousness turned into excitement as I realized I was just going to meet Pierce the Veil. Fuck! I’m an adult I shouldn’t be acting this way.

I began to see two parked tour buses parked in front of the house. One bus was black and double the size of the small white one next to it.

“This must be it,” I thought and sure enough Steven began to park in the driveway.

“Girls welcome to casa Fuentes,” said Steven as we got out of the car, “Wait here while I go get the get someone to come get your bags. “Looks like you guys don’t have to share a bus with the band.”

Five minutes later Steven came back with 3 other guys…roadies.

“Hey girls this is Jason, Jorge, and Dave” Said Steven “this is who you will be sharing the smaller bus with. Dave is the band’s tour manager. He will be in charge of you guys, consider him your boss.”

“Hi,” said Hanna and I in unison.

“Alright girls ready to live the tour life?” said Dave

Hanna and I nodded.

“Alright lets get going, unfortunately the band is still getting ready, they decided to party last night instead of packing so we are going to hit the road before them,” said Dave.

We followed Dave into the bus.

“You guys will get the back room. There is a queen bed that you can share back there. The rest of us roadies are happy to take the bunks. There is a small bathroom,” he points at a small door, “The shower is on the other bus, so you will have to take advantage of it when we are not on the road. That’s mostly it. Any questions?”

Hanna and I shake our heads

“Alright, we’ll be leaving in 5 minutes,” warned Dave

Hanna and I walked back outside to say bye to Steven

“Alright you guys, be safe and please don’t embarrass me,” said Steven

We both hugged him and thanked him one last time

“See you guys in a few weeks,” he said

Warped Tour here we come.