Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Loud

The first destination of the tour was Utah and we took all day to get there. Already carsick (or in this case bus sick) I couldn’t wait to get off of the damn bus for fresh air. As we began pulling into big parking lot we heard a knock on the door. Hanna opened it to let Dave in.

“So as you can already guess we’re here,” said Dave “there is going to be a kickoff party once all the bands start to settle in. So if you girls would like to join the festivities you are welcome to come hang out.”

“Ok, cool thanks,” said Hanna and Dave walked out.

We both then began to start getting ready. Hanna threw on black lacy skirt, white crop top, and paired it with platforms and a jean jacket. Her dark black hair was nicely wavy on one side while the other half was shaved and died pink. I just settled on a pair of black tights, my favorite misfit shirt that I had cut the sleeves off of, and black combat boots. I put my hands threw my short pixie cut just to make it less untidy and I was done.

“Ready?” asked Hanna and I nodded

We walked out the bus to an eye full. So many buses and people were already in the surrounding area. Some people were already drinking and that’s when I knew that it wasn’t going to take long for this party to get rowdy. Nonetheless everyone seemed like they were happy and having a good time, so this shouldn’t be too bad.

Just when I was about to ask Hanna what should we do, Dave came up to us.

“Hey you girls want to finally meet the band?” he said and without us responding he grabbed us both by the arms and took us to a crowd of guys whom were all standing in a circle talking.

“Guys, here are your new employees,” and the whole band turned around to face us turning their backs towards a couple of their friends.

Vic was the first person to put his hand out.

“Hey I’m Vic, nice to meet you guys welcome to our team,” he said

Hanna and I both shook his hand and introduced ourselves.

Then next was Mike. He shook our hands with his right hand while his left held a cigarette. At least I hope it was a cigarette.

“Ready to have the best summer of your lives?” said Mike very mellow.

Yup, that was no cigarette as the scent of the illegal substance filled my nostrils.

Then came next was Jaime

Hanna and I both held out our hands but he had different ideas. He pulled us both into one tight group hug.

“I don’t believe in handshakes, any family and friends of Steve are our family too,” said Jaime

When he finally let go, nervousness came over me when I realized what band member was left. I almost didn’t hear Hanna introduce herself to him because of how loud my heart was beating.

“Hanna,” she said shaking his hand and he took it and nodded his head
Then he turned to me, damn was he cute. Pictures just didn’t do him justice.

“Hi, I’m Tony,” he said

“Mikayla,” I said as I took his hand consciously. Great, he could probably feel how sweaty and shaky my hands were. Then I did the one thing I really shouldn’t have done. I zoned out. I started at his smile, then worked up to those big brown eyes. His hair just flowed perfectly in front of his face under his hat. His tattoos were amazing and the one on is neck still looked fresh. As I was about to go deeper into my daydream I looked back at his mouth and realized his lips were moving. That’s when I felt Hanna nudge me. Shit.

“Huh?” I said. Somewhere in the background someone was laughing but I didn’t bother to see who it was. I was staring for too long.

“I said I like your shirt, are you okay?" asked Tony, looking at me confused.

“I’m fine and thanks,” was all I can manage to say.

“Well I’m going to get some more to drink, who is down?” asked Mike

The rest of the Pierce the Veil members all raised their hands.

“To the bus!” yelled Mike