Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Flaw

“Everyone is asleep still,” said Hanna. She just back from taking her shower in the bigger bus, hair soaked and in a leopard robe, “You have twenty minutes.”

I grabbed my towel, shower bag, and my outfit for the day and walked to the other bus.
I quietly entered so not to wake up anyone and went straight to the shower. It was pretty roomy for the fact that it was in a bus. Once I undressed I stopped at the small mirror that was placed randomly on the wall. For the first time in a long time I took a really good look at myself. Here I thought my post Sam break-up depression only affected me emotionally but it looks as if it did physically too. I lost so much weight. Not that I’m complaining. I’ve always been a curvy girl and I always wanted to work on my figure. What girl didn’t have issues with her body? But I didn’t want to lose all my weight like this, not this way. Before I beat myself up even more I jumped in the shower.

My twenty minutes were up pretty fast. Wishing for another 10 minutes I got out of the shower. I dried off quickly and threw on some high-waisted jean shorts and a black tank top. Right when I was about to walk outside out of the bathroom I heard people whispering. As I began to listen more closely, I realized that maybe this wasn’t a conversation I was suppose to be overhearing.

“I don’t understand why she has to get all crazy and jealous. For fuck sake I proposed to her. Doesn’t that prove that I just want to be with her and her only?” whispered the first voice

Why does that voice sound familiar? But before I can figure it out the second voice began talking.

“I don’t know man, girls are just complicated. Look how many songs I write about them. Just keep assuring her that you love her. That’s all that you can do really,” said the second voice. Songwriter? That has to be Vic, but who was he talking to?

Just then the bus door opened and a third voice spoke.

“Hey you guys so we are just about ready to set up your merch booth. Meet and greet is at two and you guys are performing at six on main stage,” he said. It was Dave.

“Alright thanks Dave,” said Vic. The bus door closed, sounding Dave’s departure.

“Don’t worry Tony everything will be fine, now let’s go get breakfast,” Said Vic.

Panic struck me. Tony? Vic was giving relationship advice to Tony? Tony had a girlfriend? Wait he said he proposed to her. So engaged? Tony is getting married? Shit. I couldn’t ignore the ugly feeling I was getting in my stomach. I heard the bus door close for the second time. I peaked out of the door to make sure the close was clear and I ran before one of them came back.

When I finally got back to the small bus. There waited Hanna already dressed in a cute patriotic shirt tucked into a long leopard maxi skirt and her platforms. She split her hair in the middle covering her shaved side and decorated it with a spiked headband. Even in urgent times like these I can still admire her style.

“What took you so long?” she questioned me.

“TONY IS ENGAGED!” I screamed followed by a gasp. I covered my mouth with my hands regretting even saying anything.

Shock crept up on Hanna’s face “Wait…What?” she asked confused.

I explained her what I had heard.

“Are you sure Mickey? I mean you are obsessed with him. How would you not know a big fact like that about him?” said Hanna

“I am not obsessed! It’s only a small crush!” I lied. Hanna was about to argue with me but I cut her off.

“Anyways I’m totally sure it was him. Vic said his name. And I don’t know how I didn’t know this important fact about him before. Maybe he just likes to keep that part of his life private,” I said.

“Well this complicates things a bit,” said Hanna.

“A bit? Admit it. Tony was a flaw in your plan from the beginning,” I said

“Well, I thought you were going to be still caught up on Sam to even notice Tony, but I guess I was wrong. Either way you’re supposed to be playing calm and collective about your little crush and right now you’re just having a heart attack, ” said Hanna.

“So what do you want me to do?” I asked

“Right now you have to finish getting ready, we’ll talk about this later,” she said

I hurried up and threw on a black beanie, half-assed my make-up, and threw on my vans.

First day on the job and I already was dreading it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm super happy that people are reading my story. Thank You! I have drafts of the next few chapters written up but I still want your feedback on where to go with this story =)
Any comments/feedback would be totally awesome and appreciated.
Other things:
-Tony's girlfriend/fiance in this story is not going to be Stephanie or anything like her.
-Just a fun fact: Hanna's character is inspired by my favorite model Hanna Beth you can see what she looks like here http://hannabeth.buzznet.com/user/

XOXO