Status: Active

Chase Away the Darkness

Toxic

“I told him I was fine,” said Tony as I tried to walk him into the bus.

I’ve handled many drunken friends before but never were they this uncooperative.

“Do you want to get sent home?” I asked him “because not only will Dave send you home, but he will probably fire me for not doing a good job of taking care of you.”

Now I was being harsh but whatever it takes to get him asleep…right?

He gave in and put his arm around my shoulder. I shuddered at his touch. Mickey, this is not the time to get all weak at the knees. I reached around his waist and helped him walk.
After the bus steps I walked him to where the bunks were.

“Which bunk is yours Tony?” I asked. He pointed at the second bottom right bunk. I led him to it and sat him down. “Ok you need to lay down now.”

“Are you going to lay down with me?” asked Tony.

I was taken aback. He must be really drunk if I seem alluring.

“No I just need to make sure you fall asleep then I have to go back to my bed in the other bus,” I said.

“Why are you doing this?” asked Tony. If I didn’t know any better I would’ve thought this kid was sober. I was amazed that he was carrying a conversation with me still.

“Dave asked me to,” I answered honestly, “now can you lay down?”

“I think you’re doing this because you’re a nice girl Mickey,” he said, “can you just sit with me for a little bit? So I won’t be lonely.” I started feeling guilty. I guess I can stay for a bit.

“Ok, but only for a little bit,” I said.

“Thank you,” he said. He took off his hat and threw it on the bed. He then ruffled his hair and laid his head on my shoulder. I heart started beating quickly. Why couldn’t this be the other way around? Why couldn’t Dave ask me to help him and why couldn’t Hanna do this? I was starting to think that the odds weren’t in my favor when it came to Tony.

After a few minutes of silence, I commenced Dave’s orders.

“Are you sleepy yet?” I asked him.

“Are you going to leave if I say yes?” asked Tony. He removed his head from my shoulder and looked at me desperately.

“I’m leaving once I know you’re asleep,” I said.

“Then no I’m not sleepy,” he said.

“Tony if you’re just staying awake for me then I’m just going to go. I’m tired and I have to wakeup early tomorrow,” I told him.

“You can sleep here,” he offered.

Damn, his drunken neediness for making this hard for me. His face got closer to mine. He was too close for comfort.

“I can’t,” I said while my heart went crazy.

“Why not?” he asked. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Why not? Because you’re engaged, that’s why. Yet there was a little part of me that didn’t care anymore. Tony should really keep his distance right now.

“Dave told me and Hanna that we are not allowed to sleep in this bus,” I lied hoping he would put some space between us because my body didn’t seem to want to. I was frozen in place.

“You’re lying Mickey,” said Tony still drunk but not stupid. His lips were only an inch away from mine now. I couldn’t breathe.

“Tony I…” I started but Tony stopped me by crashing his lips into mine. I tensed up at first not really sure what to do. Then realization hit that Tony was kissing me. Holy fuck Tony Perry is kissing me and I was just sitting there awkwardly. When my brain finally put together what was happening I kissed him back. I tasted the alcohol and mint in his mouth. It was intoxicating. My morals were out the window. All I really cared about was this moment. I was feeling great, even though I knew tomorrow I would feel like utter shit.

Just then my phone rang snapping me back to reality. I pulled away from Tony and looked at the screen. It was Hanna.

“Sorry I have to answer this,” I told him as he gave me a sad puppy dog look. I got up from the bunk and walked back towards the front of the bus. I answered my phone.

“Hey Hanna,” I said.

“Are you still with Tony?” she asked on the other line.

“Yeah he won’t budge. It’s taking me forever to get him to sleep,” I said. I tried sounding normal. Hopefully Hanna won’t suspect anything.

“Okay we finally calmed everyone down the party should be ending soon, I’ll meet you back at our bus,” she said.

I hung up and turned around expecting to see Tony still awake waiting for me. I was wrong. I walked back to his bunk and there he was laying on his stomach and sound asleep. He looked peaceful and not to mention there was a huge smile on his face. I laughed to myself. All it took was a kiss to get him asleep. Well I guess I can leave now.

I found Hanna later that night already asleep herself in bed. I climbed in it with her quietly so I didn’t wake her up. I tried going to sleep but it didn’t work. I just looked at the ceiling, wide awake. Guilt settled itself inside me earlier than I thought. Shit.

If the circumstances were different I’d be super happy right now. Tony was drunk, had a girlfriend, and that kiss probably meant nothing. I should have pulled away when I had the chance. I shouldn’t have kissed back. I will forever feel bad about this.

Hopefully Tony will not remember a thing about the kiss and hopefully I can forget about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this is so short! but I felt like I couldn't continue more without starting from another chapter.

I've been having major writer's block. I think I need collide with the sky to come out already. I need inspiration. Did you guys hear the small snippet of "king for a day"? AMAZING!

Thank you for those so far that have read/subscribed/commented on my story.

More Feedback! it would mean alot <3

XOXO