Macbeth M'love.

Tobi-CNF1

Wonderful Arrival; Tragic Departure

It's almost 4:30 in the morning. She's tired yet restless for him to come home, needing to feel the touch of his flesh. Just a few more minutes and I'll get to see him, a few more minutes; those are the words that keep rushing through her brain at the speed of light. Their flight had been overbooked the morning before, and being the caring person he was changed flights so that a father could stay with his wife and children, which ended up working almost perfectly for her. Almost because she didn't anticipate the extra time she would have to wait to see him, but her plan was brilliant, his parents and brother had helped her plan it all out. All she needed was a text, after ten minutes she felt her phone vibrate.

'U better b watchin we r almost there'

Texting a reply his brother she started to get excited, peeking out the window she can just barely see the distant flicker of headlights. Almost not being able to stand the wait the car finally pulls up the long windy driveway, she can finally see him with her own eyes. He turns and looks at the house with a smile that could light up a room, he starts to walk towards the porch and that's when she makes her move. Opening the door slowly she sees the confusion on his face, but that is soon replaced by one of those breathtaking smiles. Launching herself off the porch and into his arms all they can do is laugh as they topple to the ground.

'I'll be there for you through it all'

“Surprise, don't you love your present?” she whispers in his ear.

“You got me a present? Awesome, where is it?” he says with a smirk on his face while pretending to look around, which alone was deserving of the slap to the chest she gave him along with the angry look.

“I'm just kidding, you know I love you right?”

“ Yeah I love you too, and it's not fair I can never stay mad at you”

“I know, I'm just that awesome,” that remark came with another slap.

At that moment his brother Ryan decided to walk up and take a picture of them, at which point in time they realized they were still on the ground. Standing up and brushing themselves off they all went into the house and crashed wherever they could, considering the house was still unfurnished and there were unpacked boxes scattered loosely around the house.

That was only the first night, the next eight months were heaven for them, spending as much time as possible together, they would talk for hours like they had known each other for years and not just a little less than a year. By this time it was September and he was leaving, not for good, just to go get some things packed up from their old house in California, he was planning on staying with his aunt. The goodbye was emotional, the tears from both his mom and herself, she didn't have the strength to go to the airport with him, she would've convinced him not to go, feeling as if it would be the last time she would see him. And for her it would be.

'I'll be there for you through it all'

She couldn't keep the feeling of dread away, but decided she was overreacting and pushed it to the back of her mind. They talked every day at 4 O'clock her time, which was 5 O'clock in California, him saying that it was too hot there and that he missed her, she kept saying that it was getting too cold and that she missed him too. He liked to complain about his aunt's car the most, how it made this earsplitting screeching sound when it started, how the windows and air conditioning didn't work, and finally how the seatbelt had a mind of its own and would decide whether or not to stay locked in place. That last little fact was the most important, but all she did was laugh, saying he would be back in four days and it would be all better.

The next day she never got a phone call, never got a text, nothing. She called Ryan hoping that maybe he had heard something from him, what she wasn't expecting was to hear was sniffling coming from the other end of the phone.

“Ryan, what's wrong, are you crying?”

“H-he's in the hospital”

“What? Why? Tell me what happened,” by this point she was starting to panic, she heard the tone in his voice and knew in her mind something terrible had happened.

“He was running a late night errand for Aunt Judy, parked at a stop light, when the light flashed green he went, o-only someone else went too. A drunk driver ran a red light and smashed into the driver's side of his car, they said he wasn't wearing his seat belt and that he cracked his skull open on the passenger side door. The collision caused internal bleeding in the brain, luckily they stopped the bleeding in time, but now he's in a coma and they don't think he'll ever wake up from it, because there's so much brain damage.”

“No, no, no it's not possible Tyler always wore his seat belt, he would never forget to wear it unless…”

“Unless what?”

“We were talking yesterday afternoon he kept complaining about your aunt's car and how the seat belt didn't always close, that had to be the problem.”

“Yeah, it would make sense, he was always responsible like that,”

“Anyway me and my parents are going down there tomorrow morning to get to the hospital and see him,”

“Okay give me an update”

“I will, bye,”

“Bye.”

'I'll be there for you through it all'

Two and a half months had gone by and Tyler was still in a coma, still in a 'vegetative' state as the doctors said. He was a vegetable and he wasn't going to wake up anytime soon, his parents had no choice but to pull the plug.

Tyler died on November 23, 2008 at 11:37 am, he may have physically gone, but the memory of him will always be in my thoughts and the thoughts of the people around him.

'I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven'