Status: For miss Bismuth. That wonderful lady got 'runner up' in my Contest.

The One I Want to Hold.

The One I Want to Hold.

I walked into the kitchen of Jon's apartment to find my best friend Julie, cooking breakfast and listening to someone who sounded like Justin Bieber. I rubbed my eyes and sat at the table. "Morning sunshine," shs yelled.

"Shut up." I groaned.

"Here, boo." she said putting a plate in front of me. It had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon on it.

"I love you," I said taking a bit.

"So," she started sitting across from me. "Jon's on his way back from Winnipeg,"

I swallowed. "I know. I got a text from him."

She smirked. "What'd it say?"

I raised an eyebrow at my friend. "He said he can't wait to get home so he can have sex with me,"

"SERIOUSLY?" "No, you idiot."

"Oh, then what did it really say?" Julie asked.

"It said," I opened the text on my blackberry. "Good Morning, beautiful. Just boared my plane and I'll be there late tonight."

"Why so late?"

"Because he said he wants to see Kaner, Sharpy, Seabs, and Duncan." I said.

"You're letting the whole, 'Bro Before Hoes' thing become true." Julie said.

"Too bad I'm not a whore." I whispered with a nod.

"Well," she said thinking. "If he gets to hang out ith them before he sees you... then we're going out with Blake, Anabelle, and Alyssa."

"But I don't feel good," I whined.

"But you'll eat my pancakes?"

"Fine. But I won't like this." I said.

*;*;*;*;*;*

Apparently, the girls decided upon going to Montroe Avenue Beach in Uptown. So, I had to go shopping for a new bikini. I told Julie not to come because I didn't want her opinions. I had a boyfriend for those kinds of things.

I picked out a few different bikinis and went to the dressing rooms. Considering Jonathan was on a plane and I coudn't send him anything on his phone, I would email pictures.

I sent him a picture of me in all of them and the stood staring at myself in the mirror. I pinched my pale stomach. "Jesus, I need to start working out with Jonathan." I was taken out of my daze by the sound of an email.

I picked up my phone and smiled because Jon had replied. I opened it,
I'm pretty sure you look amazing in all of them. But I'd perfer it if I was watching you try these on.

My repley: Maybe later tonight you will.

I turned back to look at all the bathing suits. I decided to get grey and yellow one and the light pink one. I didn't have the patience to decide between one of them. I just wanted to go home.

As I payed for the bikinis, I got another email from Jonathan.

Is that a promise?

"Have a nice day," the cashier said.

"You, too." I smiled and walked out to my Jeep. I sat in the drivers seat and replied back. Sure is.

*;*;*;*;*;*

At around noon, Julie and I left for the beach. "Who is that?" Julie asked as I looked down at Jon's email.

"No one," I said.

"It's Jonathan, isn't it?" she asked.

I nodded. "You two are sexting, aren't you?"

"NO!" I yelled. "Just, a bit of... dirty talk."

"Mhmm. I bet," she said pulling into a parking space.

"He helped me choose my bikinis," I said with a big, sarcastic smile.

"So you basically sent naked pictures of yourself to him. And you said you weren't a whore."

"Shut up,"

We got out and found a spot near the water. About a half hour after I layed down to get a tan, Blake, Alyssa, and Anabelle found us.

"How's Jon?" Blake asked.

"Fine." I mumbled, lying on my stomach.

"When will he be back?" Anabelle asked me.

"Tonight," I mumbled again.

"You seem peachy." Alyssa said.

"Shut up,"

We all just sat in the heat of June and let out skin tan. Me mostly, because I was paler than the vampires in Twilight.

We just walked around Uptown for a few hours until it started to get dark, which wasn't until 8. Chicago was a beautiful city in the dark. With all the lightsand everything.

I felt my phone vibrate as we stopped for ice cream.

Kaner: jon won't shut up about you,

Me: u mad, bro?

Kaner: you think ur funny don't you?

Me: pretty much. now stop texting me. i don't like you.

Kaner: please. if you hadn't met Tazer, you'd be in my bed right now.

Me: I'm showing jon this conversation later

Kaner: no you won't.

Me: wanna bet, kane?

Kaner: oh shit. i'm fucked.

Me: and?

Kaner: sorry brielle. i love you like a sister :)

Me: sure. now go back to your men.

That boy would sure get the shit beaten out of him if I showed Jon this. Jonathan was a protective boyfriend. Ecspically if it meant his teammates were hitting on me. And ecspically Patrick.

"Bri, the usual?" Alyssa asked.

I nodded. "Yes, please."

*;*;*;*;*;*

Julie and the girls dropped me off at the apartment around 9. The lights were off and I didn't see a breathing figure on the couch or in the bed, so Jon still wasn't home.

I jumped in the shower to get all the sand off my body and salt water out of my hair. I had taned completley, aside from my tan lines.

I layed on the couch for an hour watching NHL 36: Nicklas Lidstrom. Jonathan was good friends with Lidstrom. Jon looked up to him even though, Nick was a defensemen and he was a center. Nicklas had decided to retire last month the day the Stanley Cup Finals, between the Kings and Devils, started.

Jon said he'd wanted to go to a SCF game. Perferably one in New Jersey, because Los Angeles didn't really welcome him. And he was good friends with Parise. We ended up not going to one, because I had gotten sick.

But the Devils ended up winning in 6 games, much to the Kings dismay. Jon called Zach and congradulated him. I was a big fan of Brodeur because I grew up in Montreal, even though I was born in Winnipeg.

I could feel my eyes slowly get heavier and heavier around 11.

"Brielle," someone whispered.

"Five more minutes," I mumlbed, cozying up to the couch.

"Bri, come to bed."

My eyes snapped open. "Jon?" He chuckled. I jumped off the couch and he stood up quickly, wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me. He kissed my shoulder during our embrace.

"I missed you," he said into my neck.

"I know. Patrick told me," he groaned.

"What else did he say?" Jon asked.

"Oh. I can't say." I said,

He smiled, obviously knowing he would get it out of Kaner tomorrow. I kissed his cheek, "Turn around." He furrowed his brows. "Just do it, Jonathan."

When he turned, I jumped on his back. He groaned and made me jump to get more comfortable. Jon carried me to the bedroom and dropped me on the bed. I crawled under the blanket we had on the bed. He took off his shirt but left on his basketball shorts and then came under the blanket. He pulled me up against his chest.

"You're tan," he mumbled kissing my hair.

"I missed you." I said looking up at him. "I've never missed someone more in my life."

He leaned down and kissed me. "Not even when my parents died." I whispered.

He kept an almost, blank face, obviously feeling bad that I brought up my dead parents. He smiled softly for a second. He leaned over and turned offf the light, leaving us in the dark.

"I love you, Brielle." I heard him say before I fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh. the sweet ol' jonathan toews. i love this man. so much. and i know we dont know we won the cup, and it's looking like the kings will probably win, even if it's only game 1.

and nick lidstrom. gonna miss that man. such a good guy. i had the honor of meeting him after a devils game one time.

gimme feedback. not sure if i wanna make this story, even though it was a prize.