Status: IN PROGRESS

A Coward 'Till The End, Lies.

5.

You're too proud to say
That you made a mistake
You're a coward till' the end
I don't want to admit that we're not gonna fit
No I'm not the type that you like
Why don't we just pretend?

xXx

It's three weeks until graduation and Stiles is packing her bags when she's hit with the most peculiar thought, she dissmisses it almost immediately telling herself, "Don't be silly! Nuhuh, no way!"

She forces a giggle at her own stupidity and goes back to shoving as many comical tshirts as possible into a box labled 'FOR UNI' occasionally throwing a peticularly dirty/faded/too small/or-used-to-belong-to-someone-who-shall-not-be-named shirts into a seperate box labled 'BURN OR STORE, NOT FOR UNI'.

Its too late though, her ADD takes over and suddenly the rogue thought wont leave her head.

Ten minutes later and things are being stuffed into boxes with slightly more force than neccessary and her cuddly wolf she's had since birth is sitting at the bottom of the 'BURN OR STORE' box squished under a French to German dictionary.

Another ten minutes later and Stiles has taken to singing Justin Beiber songs to drown out the equally annoying voices in her head.

Twenty minutes later shes packing up her toilettries when a lone box of tampons takes the brunt of her anger as she hurls them against the wall of her bathroom before finally she gives into her hyperactive mind.

Thirty minutes after that she's dressed in a bright blue wig she found at the back of her wardrobe, huge bug eyed sunglasses that were actually Lydias and a pink and yellow poka dot dress that belonged to her mother, deeming herself disguised twice as well as any ninja in those brain melting films she watches, she heads out of her house to prowl the shelves of a local supermarket two towns over.

An hour after that see's Stiles locked in her ensuit bathroom, pee on her hand whilst she stares blankly at the three plastic wands on the side of her bath all sporting two seemingly innocent red lines.

"Fuck."

She manages to reach the sink before she empties her stomach on to the floor.

xXx The Day Before Graduation xXx

Graduation snuck up on Stiles like a sneaky thing that sneaks. She remembers when three weeks used to feel like a lifetime but now, god she had to leave Beacon Hills and her dad and her friends and her ex lover and she was pregnant!

Oh god Stiles was pregnant at 18, Stiles was going to be a single teenage parent at 18.

Oh god no, Stiles was a teenage percentage! How had she gone from being a virgin to pregnant in under a year?

Unconsiously her hand slipped down to rest on her flat belly. She had a baby growing in her stomach, a real live breathing baby, a real live breathing baby that was probably going to be a werewolf.

"SHIT!"

She could feel her breakfast of bacon and toast, forgoing eggs as apparently they were bad for you if youre 'with child', swirling in her stomach and almost doesnt make it to her bathroom.

She hasnt had a period in three months, had put it down to stress and the fact that her periods were always all over the place and it wasnt like she was having unprotected sex, she'd seen teen mom, she wasnt stupid.

Unless, rubbers didnt work on super powered werewolf sperm and ohholysthitStilesisPREGNANT!

Her dad was going to KILL her... or y'know, Derek.

Oh crap, Derek!

Stiles winced at the thought of him finding out, he'd go crazy! He'd gotten someone that wasnt his mate pregnant, or bred? Nope, sticking to human terms but what if she has a wolf pup instead of a baby? Can a new born shift? Would it grow in her quicker? Did she even have nine months?

The panic attack caught her almost as off guard as graduation had.

"Stiles? Stiles honey you okay?"

Stiles had never been so glad to see her dad in her life and she was across the room and sobbing into his arm like a lightening bolt.

"Hey, hey baby whats wrong?" The sheriff asked softly, brushing her hair with his fingers and rubbing her back in soothing circles.

"You're gonna hate me," Stiles mumbles miserbly into his uniform, clutching to her dad in fear that he'd shove her away like Derek did when he realised she wasnt his mate and... Her body was wreaked with a fresh wave of tears as she curled further into her daddy's embrace feeling the same as she had when she was six and was convinced there was monsters in her wardrobe.

"I could never hate you honey you know that," her dad cooed hugging her tighter, "Tell your daddy whats wrong."

Reluctantly, Stiles untangled herself from her father, wiping at her leaking eyes. She sniffled and took a deep breath before deciding that honesty was definetly the best policy and word vomiting all over her dad.

"Im pregnant and its Derek's so its probably a werewolf and he doesnt know and I cant tell him because im not his mate thats why we're not together and he told me to leave Beacon hills and thats the real reason why im going to Berkely well that and because you met mum there and thats awesome and I swear we used protection dad but it obviously doesnt work with werewolves and i cant abort a baby even if it comes out as a wolf and im going to be such a crappy mum and I dont know if i want Derek to find out 'cause I cant face anymore rejection from him and please dont shoot him because I still love him and Im so, so, so, so sorry!"

The sheriff stared at his daughter in absolute shock for about 15 minutes before saying, "I need a drink," taking his daughter's hand in his own and dragging her to the kitchen.

xXx Later that day xXx

It had taken three hours and half a bottle of Jack before her dad had wrapped his head around the situation, and then he was slipping from 'dad mode' into 'sheriff mode' ready to tackle his daughters problems like he would a case.

"Okay, here's what we're going to do. You tell Lydia because i know she's pretty much your best friend and she's the only one in the pack who'll be seeing you regularly, I think we should also tell Melissa as she's a nurse and is in on the whole werewolf thing...Yeah we definetly tell Lydia and Melissa but we make sure they keep it a secret." The sheriff pauses to take a gulp of the amber liquid in his glass as Stiles makes notes on her old biology legal pad, glad that her dad wasnt disowning her.

"You say goodbye or y'know 'see ya later' to your mates and you go to Berkley as planned, I will come see you every weekend and when Derek is up at UCLA with the rest of the pack you can come here. We'll visit the doctors at Berkely so no one here knows and theres no risk of Derek over hearing anything." Stiles nods, glad that her dad was willing to help and still loved her even though she'd fucked up big.

"Once he or she is born we can plan further but up until that point we need to focus on a healthy pregancy,"

"Ive downloaded every single book that even mentions pregancy and ive been reading through them for three weeks." Stiles admits blushing pink whilst her dad studies her with an unfathomable look in his eyes.

"What?"

The sheriff suddenly grins and drags his daughter into a bear hug, "I'm pissed at you for getting pregant so young dont get me wrong and with a werewolf at that but, im so excited to be a grandad!"

Stiles smiled into her dads shoulder, as long as she has him she'd be fine, she didnt need no sour wolf to be happy nuhuh, she was a strong independant young women who would do perfectly fine without him.

"Oh my god if its a boy im calling him Jarvis."

"Im calling child services to warn them in advance!"

The Stilinski house hold dissolved into giggles and suddenly the big heavy black cloud over Stiles' head seemed a little lighter, like the sunlight was finally breaking through the gaps.

xXx Graduation Day xXx

Stiles had rung and told Lydia about the baby wolf growing inside her the second her and her dad had decided on their plans.

Needless to say Lydia was shocked. Hell she was poopyourpants shocked, shocked like having a thousand volts rage through your body shocked.

It had taken a two hour phone call and a sleepover before Lydia even believed her and then she suddenly turned into 'Over-protective Self Proclaimed God Mother Of Stiles' Unborn Baby Who Will Not Be Called Jarvis Because Thats Not A Real Name God Women! Auntie Lydia' ,(it was a mouthful but Stiles' baby was going to be a whole heap of smart so he/she would probably be able to pronounce it with little difficulty).

Lydia's wolf was concious of the fact that Stiles was Lydias pack which by default meant that little bitty baby Stiles would also be pack. Add that to the fact that the baby would be part Derek who was her alpha and Lydia was hit with the sudden need to protect Stiles with her life, she didnt want to leave the fragile humans side. Being so far away from eachother whilst at collage was going to be difficult and Lydia was already planning ways to get down to Berkley move often than shed originally planned.

"Dont worry Stiles, Auntie Lydia will be there every step of the way."

Stiles felt even more of her black cloud shrinking in the sunshine.

xXx

Graduation was cringeworthy and for the first time Stiles was looking forward to skipping town, first she tripped whilst recieving her diploma and Lydia had practically thrown herself at her to make sure she didnt hit the floor and hurt the baby, secondly Derek was there, (of course he was, how could he miss such an important part of his packs life?) and he kept sniffing the air around her and making excuses to touch her and sending her apologetic looks with his soul searching hazel eyes that made her want to weep because God how is it fair that one person can be so beautiful!? And lastly she had to wear a stupid cap and gown and take thousands and thousands of photos when all she wanted to do was put on her sweats and eat doritos, or donuts or both. Stupid food cravings.

Whilst she was having her photo taken with Scott he dragged his nose against her skin and whispered in that totally adorable lost puppy way, "You smell wierd."

Stiles rolled her eyes keeping her exterior calm whilst she paniced like crazy inside.

"Oh thanks buddy that always exactly what a girl wants to hear!"

Scott looked confused for a moment before it clicked and he was back tracking like a pro, god bless Alison for putting up with him.

"No i didnt mean bad weird just different weird, like you but more, I mean you always smell like pack but right now you smell like you and your dad and me and Lydia but i can also smell Derek which is weird because you havent hung out with him in weeks plus there this different smell that i cant place yet..."

"Woah there buddy! You're rambling skills are putting mine to shame!" Stiles cried out nervously causing Scott to blush tomato red. Scott wasnt the brightest crayon in the box but when he got on a rambling roll like that he almost always figured things out, as if by saying everything he could think of out loud meant that he could pick out the truth. It was like his super power before the werewolf train crashed into town.

"Oh hey look i think i see Alison!" Stiles annouced too loudly so that Alison could hear them from across the field, "Why dont we go and speak to her!"

Scotts brain seemed to close back up at the mention of his girlfriend resetting its self to its default setting of 'AlisonAlisonAlisonAlison'. Stiles let out a sigh of relief, this secret keeping shit was harder than she thought.

xXx

It had been a long, long day.

Stiles could remember ever hugging and taking photos with so many people in her life! People she'd never even met kept coming up to her and getting her to sign their yearbooks, hell! Even Jackson put his arm around her for a photo.

It had been an extremely long day and now she had to drive like five hours out of town and move into her dorm room! JOYS!

Just as Stiles was about to leave after saying her goodbyes to everyone for the fifth time, Derek cornered her against her jeep, all broody and gorgeous in his trademak leather jacket and three days worth of stubble.

"Hey."

Stiles hesitated twirling her keys in her fingers.

"Hi."

They stand in awkward silence, well it was silent to Stiles but Derek had super rediculous hearing so it was probably never silent to him.

"I wanted to say bye and I er, wanted to tell you that Im sorry, you deserve better than what I can give you."

It sounds painful for him to get the words out, his hazel eyes look a little misty and his fists are curled at his sides, Stiles isnt a pro at reading body language or anything but even she can tell that these are not the words he wants to be saying, can tell that its not just her he's lying too.

She gulps at the thought that he's not the only one not telling the truth.

"Erm, okay, err thanks I suppose..." She trails off not knowing what to say without crying or screaming or crumbling to the cement under her feet. This was really it, she was leaving, pregnant and saying goodbye to the love of her life.

"I guess I might see you after Uni."

Derek runs a hand through his disheveled hair looking guilty. "I err was actually thinking of relocating the pack, y'know, bad memories and hunters know where we are and, stuff."

"Oh, uh yeah, that makes sence, well erm, i'm gonna get going, my dad's driving me to my dorm tonight so... yeah."

Neither of them move, they both just continue to stare into eachothers eyes, Stiles' heart is fighting itself, cant decide whether it wants to pound out of its cage or tear itself to pieces, her hand wants to cradle the nonexistant bump but she pushing the need down, cant give herself away now.

Derek doesnt want her, cant want her, pup or no pup.

"Goodbye, Stiles."

Its whispered and a lot closer than he was a minute ago, there are soft moist lips against hers for a split second until she opens her eyes not remembering closing them and he's gone, leaving nothing but shadows and herself in the school parking lot.

Stiles takes a deep breath, gives her old school, her old life, one last look, before climbing into her jeep and driving away.

Seeya Beacon Hills, its been emotional but Berkely awaits.
♠ ♠ ♠
ive got loads of people reading this and no comments :( do you guys like it?