‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

You'll have a lot to make up for.

"You what?" I asked my sister, my eyes narrowed.

Aurora's wide eyes looked a bit scared. "I got detention and I have to be there in five minutes," she said.

"How'd you get detention?" I asked.

"My teacher got a little sick of me having my phone out, I guess," she said, her face turning a light shade of red. I didn't bother asking why.

I sighed heavily. "So you have a ride to get picked up in an hour and a half?" I asked, although I already knew the answer.

"I called my dad and he said he couldn't get me on time," she explained. "So then I called Catherine, and she told me you'd get me."

"What am I supposed to do, sit out here until you get out?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said, lifting her shoulders once. "Why are you so freaked out about this? You and Nash could go do something."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm tired, and I just wanted to go home," I said. I hadn't spoken to Nash since this morning and since I haven't seen him yet, I assumed he was getting a ride from somebody else- which only pissed me off further.

"I'm sorry! It's not like I planned this," she said. "Look, I have to go. Please, please be here when it's over. I love you!"

I rolled my eyes again as she walked away. I turned and walked to my car, pulling out my phone. I typed a quick message to my mom, asking her if she could bring home Advil. I refrained from getting snappy with her. I sighed, shoving my phone in my back pocket. I looked up and saw Nash leaning against my car. "Holy shit!" I exclaimed, jumping slightly.

Nash looked at me, biting his lip to keep from laughing. "You okay?" he asked, but a few chuckles slipped out.

I glared at him. "Just laugh, I don't care," I snapped. "You look constipated doing that, anyway." This caused Nash bursted out laughing. I watched him with my arms crossed, just waiting for him to stop. I had the urge to laugh along with him or even smile, but then I'd remind myself why I was mad at him and I'd successfully keep a straight face. "You done?" I asked once he'd calmed down.

He chuckled, holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm done," he said.

"Great," I said, rolling my eyes. "Now what do you want?"

"Um, a ride home?" he said questioningly.

I rolled my eyes. "You avoid me all day, yet you still assume I'll give you a ride?" I asked. "Nice one, Nash."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Pretty sure you were avoiding me. I looked for you and asked if anyone knew where you were and nobody did. I wasn't the one hiding."

It made me more annoyed that I knew he was right. "Fine, I'll give you a ride," I said, walking over to the drivers door, but Nash stayed put. I sighed loudly, before looking up at him. "Care to move?"

"Where's Aurora?" he asked, ignoring my question.

"Dentention," I answered shortly. "Now move so I can take you home."

As usual- I have no clue how it happened. One second I was in front of him, hand on the door handle, then I blink and suddenly Nash was pinning me against the car, his fingers firm around my wrist. "Okay, then we're not going anywhere until we settle this," he said.

I twisted my wrists, trying to release myself from his grasp. After a few seconds of struggling, I gave up, glaring at the boy in front of me. "Fine. Settle it then," I said.

"I understand that I should've told you that I was going over Levi's," he started, speaking slowly. "And I'm sorry that I didn't. I know I shouldn't have drank on a weekday- and I'm sorry that I did that."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"What does that mean?" he asked.

"It means," I said, trying to wriggle my wrist out of his grip. "Okay. There's no rocket science or anything to it. I'm sure you know what that means."

"I know what it means," he snapped, rolling his eyes. "No 'I accept your apology' or 'sorry for freaking out over it'?"

"Sure, I accept your apology," I said, trying to cross my arms before I remembered he still had my arms locked. "And I didn't freak out over anything."

"You did, actually," he said. "You knew from the start that as much as I would try, sometimes I'd fail."

"I understand, but that's not why I'm annoyed."

"Then why are you annoyed, Ashlyn?"

I glared. "I'm annoyed at your perspective of me," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked, looking genuinely confused.

"'We're not all as perfect as you'," I said in a low, terrible impression of Nash's voice. "Or how about how I expect everyone else to be perfect?"

"Oh, that."

"Yeah."

He sighed, letting go of one of my wrists to run a hand through his hair. I snatched my wrist from his other hand, too, but I didn't move. "Ashlyn, I didn't mean that. I was just tired and hungover and just- blah when I said that. I know that isn't much of an excuse, but let me make it up to you."

I stayed silent, suddenly interested in the dark blue fabric of his shirt. I heard him sigh again, before I felt his hands on my neck, lifting my head up so I could meet his eyes. "Please forgive me, Ash," he whispered. He leaned closer, kissing up my jawline a few times, before stopping at my ear. "Please?" he whispered, and I shivered as I felt his breath hit my ear.

"You'll have a lot to make up for," I whispered in a shakey voice.

He pulled so he could look at me, but his face wasn't far from mine. He grinned. "I swear I'll make up for all of it," he said, before pressing his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andddd update #2. You're welcome. ;)

Thanks for everyone who commented! I can't name them at the moment, but I'll get them next time! <3