‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

I guess it'd just have to wait.

I woke up Monday feeling so incredibly excited it was almost sickening. I was ready to leave my house almost 15 minutes early- which really irritated Aurora.

"Aurora, hurry up!" I groaned from the kitchen.

Mom laughed. "Sweetie, you don't have to leave for 15 minutes- and you know how Aurora uses all of her time productively," she said.

I frowned. "I know that, but still," I complained. "I don't see why, if I'm ready to leave early, she can't take the bus. It's one day!"

"Because you're both going to the same place and it's what nice sisters do," she said. "Besides, do you really think Nash is already up and ready to go?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Exactly," she interrupted. "So sit down, eat breakfast, converse with your lovely mother."

I sighed, defeated, "Fine," I said dramatically.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "I take it you haven't told Nash?" she guessed.

"I haven't really talked to him since Friday, so no," I said. "I want to tell him in person anyway. I cannot wait to see his reaction."

"I'll bet it'll be something, since it's got you acting like this," she said, smiling. I just grinned in response.

"Okay! You can take your Midol now- I'm done!" Aurora said, walking into the kitchen. Her outfit was matched and everything was done to perfection. "And luckily for you, we still have 10 minutes to spare. Record time or what?"

I snorted. "I'd like to know who the boy you're trying so hard to impress is," I said.

"There isn't a boy, Ashlyn," Aurora told me, giving me 'the look'. I quickly realized my mistake.

"Aw, there's a boy in your life?!" Mom gushed. "Tell me about him! Is he cute? Is he nice? Does he treat you right? Oh, he better not be too old for you young lady!"

"Catherine," Aurora groaned. "You've never done this to Ashlyn."

"Trust me, when I was dating Colin she was worse," I said.

"But you and Colin were never official."

"Exactly."

"Well, would you look at the time?" Aurora said, looking at her jewelry covered, watch-less wrist. "We should go- c'mon Ashlyn, we can't be late!"

I laughed as Aurora dragged me out of the kitchen. "Bye mom!" I called back, but I doubt she heard me seeing as Aurora had already gotten me out the front door.

"I hate you," she said, glaring at me. I just laughed in return, getting into my car. "Ugh- is that your phone beeping? I've been hearing it since we were in the kitchen."

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing I had a text from Levi. "Hm, I didn't even hear it make any noise..." I trailed to myself, typing the PIN number. hey, nash isnt going to school today. long story and no i will not tell you. talk to him yourself next time you see him. ill let you know if hell be there tomorrow. "What the hell?" I clicked the Call Levi button.

"Yeah?" I heard him answer tiredly into the reciever.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

"Look, Ashlyn, don't start this now. It's too early."

"I don't care, I just want to know what's wrong with him," I said, ignoring the confused look I was recieving from Aurora.

He sighed loudly. "We all know how Nash is. And as much as he likes you, he likes his space and privacy," he said. "So unless you'd like to piss him off further, I suggest you just carry on with everything until he comes back to school. He should be back tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. So my boyfriend is MIA and I'm supposed to just carry on?" I asked sarcastically.

"He isn't MIA though. I know where he is and how he's doing. You know that I'd tell you if there was something seriously wrong with him," he said.

"He's with you, isn't he?" I asked.

He sighed. "No, he is not. I promise. Can we either end this conversation or continue it later? I was up late and I'm tired as hell," he said.

"Fine. Whatever. Bye," I said, hanging up.

I knew under normal circumstances that I probably sounded like a far too clingy girlfriend. But this wasn't normal circumstances- this was Nash circumstances. What if he did something really stupid? What if he got into a bad fight? What if his dad seriously hurt him?

Skipping school and going to Levi's house crossed my mind, but I knew it wasn't possible. My mom would kill me once she got a call from the school. "Ashlyn? You okay?" Aurora asked.

No. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said, finally starting the car and putting in reverse. I'd just have to wait until after school- then I'd figure this shit out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long! Urgh, I feel like this story is turning into shit. Ugh.

Not the best chapter, and no I did not spell/grammar check at alll. Lol.

Anywhore; thanks a ton to Cerullis_Creature, amyuhohs, Shadow14, ImJustLaya, MerciPorLeVenin, MusicLover525, pixie dusttt., TheGoodLlama, charlie smith, MoMo_92, SpencerG, NothinNNomore, TayVengeance, kelly09 and Blacklisted Me. for the amazing comments! You guys are so wonderful aw c':

Guesses on what happened would be lovely!