‹ Prequel: The Best Mistake
Status: completed!

The Worst Choice

Just hear me out.

Ashlyn.

"Ashlyn!" I sighed in annoyance. I couldn't walk away from the voice because this is where I was supposed to meet Nash, but I really did not want Nash seeing us talking. Plus, I didn't want to talk to him. Ever.

"Colin, please just leave me alone," I said.

He stopped in front of me, his eyes pleading. "Just hear me out, Ash," he said. "Please?"

My eyes flickered to the school. "You've got one minute," I said, crossing my arms. "Then you need to leave me alone."

"I know what I did over the summer was really fucked up- and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you while you were drunk, much less while I had a girlfriend. But we were fighting and she thought I was cheating on her, so I just thought, 'What the hell, might as well kiss somebody else so she has a reason to be pissed at me.' But it backfired and caused you to hate me," he said quickly. "So please, at least forgive me. I missed being your friend altogether, so could we be that?"

I chewed on my bottom lip. I looked back at the school entrance, where Nash was walking toward me. My breath got caught in my throat, but I sighed in relief when he stopped to talk to Tommy. "Look, I forgive you. And I won't completely ignore you," I said as quick as I could. "But I don't want Nash seeing us together, because I don't know if he knows who you are, and I don't really want to see what'll happen if he does, okay?"

Colin grinned. "Of course, I totally understand," he said.

I saw Nash walking over. "Okay, now go," I said.

"Who was that?" Nash asked, once he reached me. Colin was already speed-walking away. I chuckled; he'd never really been the bravest person.

"This kid from a few of my classes," I answered. "He wanted to know if we had homework."

"On the first day?" I shrugged. "He looked kinda familiar. Do I know him?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Maybe you've seen him at a store or just in the hallways a lot," I suggested.

"Maybe," he said.

I laced my fingers through his, walking to my car. "So, you and Tommy talk?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's in my english class," he said.

"Hm. That's weird," I said. "Tommy doesn't talk to anybody except like, two people besides Taylor."

"What can I say?" he asked, grinning. "I'm a likeable person."

I laughed. "Sure you are," I teased.

"My goodness, could you guys take any longer?" Aurora, who was leaning against my car, complained as we approached her.

"Shut up and get in," I said, unlocking the door.

* * * *


"I feel so honored you made time out of your busy schedule for little ol' me," Jenn teased as we walked through the door of her house.

I pushed her, causing her to laugh. "Shut up!" I said, laughing. "I do not have a busy schedule."

We walked into the kitchen, dropping our things on the counter. "You're with Nash like, 28/9," she said.

I scoffed. "I am not," I defended.

"Pffft," she said, getting a bunch of Capri Suns out of the fridge and dumping them on the counter. I grabbed one. "You two are always spending time together."

I shrugged, leaning on the counter. "No, we're together," I corrected. "Most of the time he sleeps."

"Ooh, the sex must be amazing then," she teased.

I blushed. "Shut up," I told her.

"That's so adorable!" she cooed.

"What is?" I asked. "We haven't even had sex, Jenn."

She looked confused. "Really?" she asked.

"Yes, really," I said. "Now, onto a different subject. Who the hell is Harry?"

She shrugged. "Just this guy I've been dating," she said.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?!" I asked.

"He's not my boyfriend, we just go on dates and mess around," she corrected.

"Jennifer! Darling, are you home?"

"Yeah, mom," she called back. "In the kitchen."

Her mom walked in, smiling at me. "Hello, Ashlyn," she said, setting her grocery bags on the table.

"Hi Mrs. Somers," I said, smiling.

"So, Jennifer, I got you pads-"

"I don't use pads, mother," she answered, rolling her eyes. I just listened to the conversation, amused. They've had this conversation at least a hundred times before.

"But tampons can take your virginity!" her mom argued.

"Mom!" Jenn screeched. "I am not having this conversation!" She grabbed a few Capri Suns, before looking at me. "Come on, Ash. We're going upstairs."

"The pads are down here in case you change your mind!" her mom called as we went up the stairs.

"I love you mother," I told Jenn, giggling.

"Fuck you."
♠ ♠ ♠
WHY ARE WE SO HOSTILE AGAINST SUSIE??!?! SHE SEEMS LIKE A LOVELY LADY GUISE. o.

I would like to thank gymnast508, SpencerG, shasha24, Airayleene, ParanormalcyC6, Shadow14, amyuhohs, BittersweetVenom., MoMo_92, horserideraja, ImJustLaya, nnylear94, Cerullis_Creature, Anonymous1460, MusicLover525, pixie dusttt., Let.It.Rain, MerciPorLeVenin, TayVengeance, Danielradcliffe1fan, charlie smith and kelly09 for the amazing (and some violent) comments. You guys are the best, seriously. :)