Status: One-shot

Let's Go To Bed Baby (one shot)

Sleeping Is Easy.

Beth was sleeping soundly, cuddled up to her boyfriend. She slept with her head on his shoulder, her hand on his chest, and legs tangled up with his. He had his arms around her waist holding her tightly against him. They were happy.

*Knock knock*

Beth groaned. She was awake now but she didn’t know why. She thought she had heard a noise but pushed the thought aside until,

*Knock Knock*

“Niall.” She said groggily with her sleepy voice.

When he didn’t move she pushed on his chest and said his name again, “Niall.”

He took a deep breath and groaned, “What is it, you daft woman?”

Ignoring his comment because it was the middle of the night she answered simply, “Someone’s at the door.”

“Why don’t you go answer it then.”

“What if it’s a murderer?” She said exasperatedly still not opening her eyes or moving. “How bad would you feel if you made me get up to be murdered at the front door.”

“And I wont be murdered?”

“No. You’ll scare them away with you manliness.”

He snorted lightly but untangled his arms from around his girlfriend and rolled out of bed. “Don’t get to comfortable.” He mumbled walking out of the room as she snuggled in the covers.

Niall padded down the hallway to the door of their flat where the knocking raised in volume and frequency. Niall opened the door with bleary eyes and cursed. “Fuck. What are you doing here Harry?” He asked his best friend who stood at the door fully clothed and anxious looking.

He walked in right past Niall towards the bedroom saying, “I need to talk to Beth. It’s about Maggie.”

Niall made his way to the couch knowing things were about to get annoying. He snorted, “Good luck.”

Harry walked into the couples bedroom and turned on the light. Beth groaned, “Niall, baby, what the hell?” She questioned.

“Not Niall.” Said her boyfriends friend Harry.

“Harry why are you in my bedroom?”

“I have just a quick question about Maggie.” He said shortly.

“Where’s Niall?” Beth questioned ignoring Harry’s disappointed pout.

“On the couch I think. Listen about Maggie. We were dancing at this club tonight and thing were getting kinda hot,” Beth made a face at the thought of her best friend dancing in a hot way with Harry. Sure the boy was sexy as hell, but it was just weird. “Well, I invited her back to my place and she’s all ‘Harry, I’m not that kind of girl.’ and so I said, ‘Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.’ and she goes, ‘Well you did ass hole.’ and just storms off. Can you believe that? Does this mean she’ll never go out with me?”

“You’re such a sleazy Harry.” Beth groaned into her pillow before sitting up to address the crazy man in her bedroom in the middle of the night. “Call her tomorrow and apologize. Ask to make it up to her. Something simple, like coffee, but it’s not a date. Talk to her for a while. Then ask her out. As long as you’re yourself I don’t see why she wouldn’t go out with you. Now leave and never come back.”

Harry smiled excited, “Thanks Beth, you’re the best.”

“I know, now leave!” She said pointing to the door burying her head in the pillow. He shut off the light and made his way out of the room. She heard him make his way down the hall and out the door. She waited for Niall to come back but she didn’t hear him. She waited a while longer wiggling around in the bed trying to get comfortable. Getting impatient for his return she grabbed the blanket from the bed and dragged it behind her as she made her way to the living room. She saw Niall passed out on the couch and laid down next to him bringing the blanket on top of them.

They laid together silently for a while. Beth started to slowly drift back to sleep in comfort of her boyfriends presance.

“Beth.” Niall said quietly.

“Mhm?” She responded.

“Why are you here?”

She leaned up so she was looking down at him pouted while he had his eyes opened just a crack. “What do you mean?”

“We have a perfectly fine bed.” Niall said.

“Yeah, but you left and I missed you.” Beth said before laying back down and cuddling into his side.

After a couple moment of silence Niall scooped Beth from the couch with the blanket wrapped around her. Beth let out a little scream and wrapped her arms around his neck. “What the hell Niall?”

“Lets go to bed baby.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a really short silly one shot. :)