Status: will hopefully be updated every weekend

Life After Death

chapter 1

I stop after two hours of running knowing I’ve past at least a hundred towns looking at a sign saying welcome to Blackrock I walked along a long winding path to soon find it blocked by another tall shadowy figure seeing that he wasn’t one of the hunters he is a vampire he had black curly hair down to his ears drenched from the rain he was wearing a long trench coat down past his knees and he looked quite tall I tried to walk past him hoping he won’t sense that I’m a vampire as well, but as my arm brushes against him in an attempt to move past him he turns and grabs my arm making me drop miles and his apples
“Where is your mother kid? Who are you.” he said in a dark voice but at the mention of my mother tears streamed down my face as my head was cradled in my hands I caught a whiff of something wonderful, Blood.
“My name is Emily Elwha and as of today homeless and with no blood to survive on hunters killed my mum and I just sat and watched.” I said now bawling my eyes out. I lean down to pick up a shivering Miles and his apples.
“Come home with me I’ve got enough blood to last me and my daughter centuries and a heap of spare rooms.” He says trying to comfort me
“Come on ill get you dried off and washed oh and I’ve got millions of apples for your vampire cat there too.” he finishes I nod my head lightly but just enough for him to notice.
“Come on it’s just up the road.” He says kindly
we walk for about a minute or two then come to a large stone medieval looking building with a gigantic knocker and key hole as soon as he inserts the key into the hole an turns it the door swings open and he invites me in I walk in and look at the door from the other side the it looks like it was made for a prison because of the iron bars keeping it locked. I look around at my surroundings and see a huge spiral stairway, a kitchen fit for a king hundreds of doors leading to god knows where one of which I assume is the basement or cellar whatever you want to call it, and a girl looking about my age of which I assume is the basement or cellar whatever you want to call it, and a girl looking about my age running down the stairs to greet her father.
“Briana this is Emily Elwha her mum was killed by hunters today and I think here would be the safest place for her.” he says
“Ok so she is a vampire right?” Briana says
“Yeah of course.” I say trying to sound friendly
“Sweet and is this your vampire cat.” She asks
“Yeah miles. You have one?” I ask
“Yeah Sabbath he’s upstairs.” she says
“Maybe you could go show him to her after you show Emily her new room. And tomorrow we will go get you enrolled in school and out to the shops to get you some clothes. If you want I can drive back to your house later on to grab your other clothes hunters don’t like to stay in a vampires house I think it freaks them out.” he continues l don’t feel like going back to that place though the place where my mum died where she was murdered but no one can invite him in but me so I have to go with him and I need the blood.
“I guess so. But don’t forget to check the blood there might be Vervaine in it.” I say deciding to face my fears and go to my house
“But can I see Sabbath first and go to my room.” I say taking a stand
“Ok we will go tomorrow. Ok. But do you want to go to the shops today.” He says knowing the pain that I feel
“Give us an hour” I say nicely
“Come on” Briana says grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs towards my new room.
She opens the door and I stand there mouth open in awe I had a walk in wardrobe a flat screen 3d TV on my wall a king size bed and a balcony.
“It’s not much but it’s a good room.” Briana says “not much this room is the size of my old house let alone my bedroom.”I say almost screaming
“I can get stuff for your cat if you want I’ve got heaps of money. Well my dad has.” she says but I just nod my head lightly well no more then I did earlier today
“Want to go see Sabbath now?” I nod my head again and call miles to me and walk out of my room and into hers which is right next to mine Sabbath is a black cat like miles he has a wound in his left ear and miles has one on his left eye so he cant use it anymore he has blue eyes and miles has green eyes they just played on the scratch post they seem to like each other a funny thing about vampire cats is that they are immortal like vampires but instead of drinking blood they eat apples and they don’t age. Vampires do. Well until they are eighteen then they just stop. Briana and I talked for about an hour about our family including her dad’s name which turns out to be john. then he came up to take us to the shop we went everywhere we shopped for an hour he dropped us off and gave us four thousand dollars to spend I ended up with heaps of clothes an iPod touch and an iphone with heaps but with every item I bought I kept thinking that I’ll never get to show her anything again not my new school not a job not anything.
But as I lay there I begin to think about her too much and need a change of subject to think about so I begin to think about what happened today I found it really weird that a stranger would just take someone in I couldn’t come up with an awnser so I just let sleep take over.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy
~*Greer*~