Status: One SHot

Ragdoll

I Won't Be Your Ragdoll Anymore

Carrie couldn't stop the annoyed groan from falling past her lips as her doorbell rang off. The last thing that she had expected at this hour was a guest. She let her eyes wonder to her microwave just to make sure of the time and when the microwave had confirmed that it was indeed ten-thirty-five at night she let another frustrated sigh pass her lips. She wasnt expecting anyone and most people did not come to her house without letting her know in advance. She had to be up ay six in the morning the next day so that she could get ready for work and she knew whoxever was on the other side of the door would stop her from the full night of rest that she needed.

Walking over to her sink, she washed her hands and when she was drying them off she rolled her eyes as the doorbell rang again. Whoever had come fora visit was persistent and wouldn't leave until she answered the door.

She made her way slowly to the door and once she looked through the small peep hole to see who was on other side she had mentally cursed herself. She knew exactly why he was her at this hour without even a phone call. There was only one reason why he was here and the last thing she wanted to do was to deal with his problems.

She had done it for way to long and she was more then fed up with it. He only ever needed her as more then a friend when he had broken up with one of his gorgeous supermodel girlfriends and shenever understood why it is that he always came to her. She was nothing special, average looking at best with the same average looking figure. Her reasoning for his visits was that he only needed her for one night to help him get over his break ups so that he can once again go out looking for the next model to date.

But she opened the door none the less because she couldn't leave him out on her porch. she had known him since she was five years old, grew up next door to him for most of her life until they had both reached the age of moving out of their prespective families households.

"What are you doing here this late Adam?" Carrie asked him softly the moment she had opened the door.

All he qdid was look up at her, watching her with sad eyes. He didnt't say anything, just looked at her and Carrie let another sigh pass her lips as she stood to the side of the door and let him into her quiet house. She watched him as he walked over to the couch slowly and plopped down on it.

Carried muttered a very quiet 'fucking hell' under her breath before running her fingers through hair. Closing the door softly, Carried liked her lips asshe quickly tried to figure out how to ask him to leave her house without sounding rude or hurting his feelings anymore then they have already been hurt today.

"What happened now?" Carried asked Adam as she sat in the love seat that stood perpendicular to the large sofa as she picked up her feet and let them rest along the length of the couch.

"You dont even want to get me started on what it is that happened this time Car." Adam groaned and Arrie simply rolled her eyes.

"No i think I do seeing as you just showed up at my house late at night and stopped me from getting the sleep that i so desperately need. So please amuse me Adam."

"Anna fucking broke up with me for the most stupidest reason on the planet. i mean this isnt the first time we broke up but she made damn sure that I knew that this time it was one hundred percent permanent." Adam tolled Carrie softly. But the thing was was that he didnt need to tell her all of that because deep down inside she had already know that this was the only reason that hewas at her house right now.

"I get that she broke up with you but why exactly are you here?" Carrie probed him wanting Adam to tell her the exact reason he was on her doorstep. The one thing that she knew was that she was going to let him know tonight that her door won't be open for him for much longer.

"Because you're always here for me when stuff like this happens Car." Adam told her, a confused look forming on his face.

"No the only reason you ever come here after you go through a break up is that I unfortunately have given you a warm bed to stay in."

"Carrie you and I both know that that is not the reason I come to you evey single time I go throug a break up. You are my best friend, you know me better then anyone else thst I know."

"See i dont believe that at all Adam. Why don't you go to the guys to talk about this? I'm pretty sure that they will understand what it's like for another guy to go through a break then a girl." Carrie told Adam as she crossed her arms over her chest. Tonight she was going to make damn sure that Adam would know that she wasn't going to be the doormat that he could wipe his dirty shoes all over and then hang her out to dry.

"Because you always listen to me and don't judge. Carrie, I came here to feel better about the break up, not worse."

"No, what you came here for was to tell me your sob story and then get a warm bed to sleep in with a girl that is always there for you. See I'll be your friend but I won't be the girl you crawl to when your single and lonely. You have made me feel so self conscious over the years. You date these beautiful super model girls that put me to shame. You come and sleep with me while you search for the next hot thing and then you break it off when you find it; and you make me question why it is that i'm not good enough to date. You made me fall in love with you more then once, you come and go without even thinking about what it is that it does to me. But then when have you ever put someone else but yourself first. God forbid you think about other people's feelings. So no Adam, I don't want to here and I don't want to continue to be your ragdoll because frankly you speaking you do not respect me at all." Carrie told Afam softly bevore she stood up from the couch. She saw the hurt in his eyes, saw the realization form on his face when he finally started to realize what it is that he had done to her over the years.

"Carrie, you and I both know that i never wanted to hurt you in any way ever. I have know longer then I have known anyone else, all I ever wanted for you was to be happy."

"See Adam, you say those words but there is so much more then just saying them. You have to mean them and honestly, I do not believe you. I don't believe that you mean because whenever you come to my house I always question your true intentions and that is not a friendship." Carrie told him as she walked over to the door and placed her hand on the door handel. "Now like I said, I refuse to continue to be your ragdoll anymore and I would really appreciate it if you left now." She told him as she opened the door.

Adam didn't think twice as he quickly jumped up off of the couch, the fear of losing Carrie as his friend wo prominently evident in his eyes. He started to walk close and closer to Carrie and she instantly knew he would try to hug her and tell her the sweet word's that he was so skilled at speaking. She simply shook her head as she pointed at the door.

She didn't want to hear any of it. All she wanted was peacebut more then that she finally wanted a normal relationship and Carrie knew that if she kept letting Adam back into her heart then she would never have that.

"I'll always be your friend Adam, but I refuse to continue to be the girl that you onl run to when you are all lonely at home." She told him softly. Carrie didn't give Adam anytime to eply to her.

She simply closed the door on him before dead locking it, turning the lights off in thr living room and going upstairs to her bedroom, so that she could get thefull night of sleep that she deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is my Adam Levine one-shot. I've been wanting to do one on him for a while and here is my outcome. Let me know what you guys think! Don't be silent readers! :)