The Lovers Grimm

I'm Sorry

I knew my mother hadn't been feeling like herself lately, But I never expected this.

It started about 3 weeks ago when mom got home after an encounter with a rogue Mellifer. She had a huge sting on the back of her right shoulder, as if she had been caught off guard. Dad had caught her when she stumbled through the door, immediately losing consciousness. I didn't think much of it, due to the fact that it wasn't unusual for mom to come home in such a state.

It was't until weeks later, Michelle, a quiet 9th grader, came up to me in school, spitting out a quick "I'm sorry" then running away down the hall. I got a quick glimpse of Michelle woged into her Mellifer state before taking a sharp turn down the science hallway. My mouth fell open and that's when I knew something was really wrong. I had always read the diaries, and seen the films, but I had never seen a real Wesen in their true form. The only way that my powers could be growing that strong meant one sickening thing. My mom was dying.

I rushed home as quickly as I could, ignoring all the Wesen that I was seeing for the first time. When I ran in the door, Dad didn't even give me so much as a "hey" before whisking me into their bedroom. My mother's face made me stop momentarily in my tracks. I didn't even recognize her...

"Phoenix, sweetheart come here." I did as I was told, falling to my knees beside her pale and bony form. "Sweetheart, I'm so sorry." My eyebrows shot up. Why was she apologizing?! It wasn't her fault! "Sweetheart I can't tell you just how sorry I am that we're leaving you." I cocked my head.

"What do you mean 'we're'?" I asked, frantically looking to my father, who couldn't look at me.

"You've got to find Aunt Marie."

"Who's Aunt Marie?" I asked, startled by the foreign name, still awaiting the answer as to why my dad was leaving.

"My sister. If she's still alive. She'll be able to protect you." She gripped my hand in hers. I wrapped my other hand around ours, holding tightly but being careful as to not crush her fragile hands. "If she, God forbid, is.... you must find Nick Burkhardt, Kelly's son."

I shook my head, sure that this fiction was from the venom. "Momma, Nick died with Aunt Kelly and Uncle Reed. He's dead." I told her, and more so, myself. I wouldn't put it past my mother to hide something like that from me. She had, after all, told me of her bitter family history.

"No. Marie took Nick in. He's very much alive. You must find Nick."

I can't tell you everything that happened between my father's departure and my mother's death. I can tell you, though, that I have never felt so alone in my entire life. I took everything that I could, everything that my father had left me before he left, leaving me no clue as to where he was going. I had nothing. Nothing but a picture of my family, some clothes and my phone. I had no one. No one but this strange Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a slow beginning, but bare with my please :)

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Woge
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Mellifer