The Lovers Grimm

Conversations

'Nick' and I stared at each other. Just stared. Like he couldn't believe I existed. I cleared my throat, giving a quick "Well I guess I won't need St. Wu after all, huh?" Hoping it would break the awkward silence.

"How can you be my cousin? Aunt Marie didn't have any kids." I cocked my head.

"Aunt Marie? Where's she? I was supposed to find her too!" He looked at me, once again, like I'd lost my marbles.

"Dead."

"Oh."

I sat there, shuffling my feet, not looking at him, lest he give me that psycho look again.

"How could you be my cousin?" He finally questioned, leading me over to what I assumed was his desk, and a much less comfortable chair. Damn.

"I'm Sarah Evansca's daughter." I answered, as if it were common knowledge. My heart gave a painful thump when I thought of her...

"I don't know who that is..."

"Kelly Burkhardt was her sister." I answered, hoping that that would get a positive result.

Nope.

"My mom only had one sister." He said, looking to his desk, as if a magic answer would conjure itself into being. No such luck.

"Look, I was only told to find either you, or Aunt Marie, so I'm kind of shit out of luck here!" He shot me a look saying to watch my tone. I obeyed, briefly. "I have nowhere to go. My fu-" He shot me a glare, "freaking father left me with nowhere else to go, my mother just died!" That got his attention. "And I'm starting to see the weirdest shit I've ever seen in my whole life. I thought after all my training, I'd be able to handle it, but Jesus!" I huffed, pointing discreetly at the lizard man I had bumped into earlier. "I mean, seriously, do you see this?!"

That caught his attention.

"Do you?" He asked, his eyes locking onto mine.

"No," I scoffed, "I'm just asking about something normal people wouldn't be able to see because I can't see it!" I growled, settling into the hard, wooden chair, wishing I could still be at the chair by Wu's desk.

"Look," he said, trying to keep a civil tone despite the fact that I was being a total bitch. "I can't just take you in-"

"Why not?!" I snapped.

"Juliette." He answered as if I should know who that was. "I'd have to let her know first, besides I don't even know if-"

"Are you serious?" I hissed as the black man walked over to the desk, eyeing Nick and me in amusement. "You're telling me you're not sure f we're actually related after that?"

"After what?" The black man teased. Nick gave him a cautionary look, and the other man didn't say so much as another word.

"I guess I could call her..." He mused. I crossed my arms, eyeing the phone in invitation. He didn't move.

"I have nowhere to go."

He sighed, reaching for his phone. He exchanged a look with the other man before standing and leaving to have the conversation that would probably get him kicked out of his house, or at least onto the couch.

"So, where're you from?" The man asked.

"New York." I answered quickly, not wanting to have this conversation. C'mon Nick, hurry it up!

"Neat. That's where Nick's from." I gave him a look that oozed 'No fucking duh!' "So, what's your name?"

"Nix." I answered, seriously hoping Nick would hurry now.

My prayers were answered when Nick came in with a calm smile on his face.

"Can you take over for me Hank?" Hank nodded, smiling to me.

"Nice to meet you Nix." I nodded in response, grabbing my things and leaving with Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
1 subscriber in less than 10 minutes?!?! Hell yes!!! XD haha

yay no links needed this chapter XD

KEEP ON READING!! :)
SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, RECOMMEND!!! <3