Status: On Hiatus

This Is Bonkers

Tuesday

Tuesday was interesting.
I prepared the way I always did in the morning. Laying out clothes and preparing my bag for the studio in the afternoon. But that didn't keep thoughts from running through my mind. All through the school day, I had troubles focusing in class. Thoughts even plagued me on the walk home. My imagination was running wild, and I was struggling to stop it.
When I made it home though, a little slower than usual, I dressed quickly in my outfit for dance and tumbling today, grabbed my bag, and headed out the door. I kept a steady jog to DanceWorks since I would be late if I walked, and tied my hair in a high-pony at the same time.
My outfit today was simpler than what I usually wore. Instead of joggers with spandex shorts underneath, I wore a grey pair of shorts made from a comfortable cotton blend. They were usually worn as pajamas, but I liked to wear them on a day I wanted to be more comfortable, instead of wearing my jean shorts. They were also perfect to dance or tumble in. I'd paired them with a simple, purple, racer-back tank-top. I also made sure to stuff the boys' clothes in my bag, but I didn't really want to give Mitch his jumper back.
"Sorry I'm a little late!" I yelled when I was still a little ways from Sam waiting outside.
"Slow down, Haz. It's like, four seventeen." Sam said, pulling out his phone since his watch was absent today.
"Oh." I said, slowing to a walk despite being only about ten feet from him. "I thought I was later, since I walked home a little slower today."
"You must be distracted by something." Sam said, pulling the door open.
'You have no idea.' I thought as I stepped in through the open door.
I kinda just looked at the studio door for a second, almost not wanting to go in. Sighing quietly, I opened the door and stepped in, Sam not far behind.
"Afternoon boys!" I called my regular greeting to the boys.
A few mixed greetings were sent back my way as I set my bag against the wall.
"Where do you wanna start today?" Sam asked, poking me in the side.
Where did I want to start? Combos. I really wanted to start combos. But when I glanced at the mat, there was Mitch and Pel. Both boys sent me a nice smile which I returned.
It's not that I was going to necessarily avoid Mitch today, but I wasn't going to go out of my way to talk to him. Not right now atleast.
"What am I worst at?" I asked, deciding that if I was going to work on dance with Sam, I might aswell try to improve.
"Popping." Sam said.
"Then that's where we'll start, if you dont mind." I said, dragging him over into an area we could dance without hitting anyone.
"When was the last time you even did popping?" Sam asked, chucking the hoodie he was wearing against the wall.
"Mm, before I broke my wrist." I said, realizing how long it'd been.
"So, I'm starting you at like, ground zero then."
"Seems so." I smiled.
"Do you remember any of the short routines I taught you?" Sam asked.
"Uhm, that was a long time ago, but I think so."
"Alright, let's go then." Sam said.
He gave a quick run through of which routine he wanted me to practice, and we went through it atleast a dozen times. I was determined to improve my popping, as it was definitely my worst out of everything I'd been taught. My best was probably tutting, but tumbling was moving up there too.
"Alright, that's enough. If we've started with what you're worst at, let's work our way to what you're the best at." Sam said.
"You know, I can't do the wave." I said.
"And that's on topic, how?" Sam laughed.
"Well, popping goes with waving. And I can't do either." I said, trying to make my point sound as logical as possible.
"What, you mean like this?" he asked, doing the wave with one arm.
I had honestly always admired how good Sam was at it. Many of the boys of Diversity could do it well, but Sam's arms looked like they were made of rubber. My arms, on the other hand, look like they were made of wooden boards.
"Yeah, I can't do that."
"Let me see."
"Nooo." I whined.
"You brought the subject up, let me see." Sam said. "Fingers, wrist, you know. Work your way up the arm, or down if you prefer."
"I know how to do it, but I can't. I have the fingers down." I said.
"Just show me and we can move on."
I made a whiny noise, but proceeded to do the wave with my right arm the best I could.
"See?" I asked.
"We'll work on that, but not now. Now is floorwork. Drop and give me twenty." Sam said.
Despite knowing he was joking, I did what he said. I could do pushups, not a lot, but a pretty good amount. We had fitness in P.E often, and I took advantage of it.
"I was joking Haz."
"I know." I laughed, finishing off the pushups. "Now put me through a routine. Something harder than what I've been taught already?" I said, more in an asking way.
"Alright, I'll teach you something harder. We don't do a lot of floor work though. Wait, I remember. Mitch said he was supposed to teach you a kip-up on Friday, and you wiggled out of it, promising to learn it the next day. But the next day was Saturday, and you were with us and Jade. And we weren't in the studio Sunday or Monday, so today's the next day." he winked.
I was dreading the moment when one of the boys realized I hadn't been taught the kip-up yet.
"I don't know what you're talking about. I said no such thing." I tried, knowing I'd fail.
"Mmhmm, sure. I'll get Pel's help, one second." Sam said, walking away from me.
Well, atleast if I were to make a huge fool out of myself in the next twenty minutes, it was with Sam and Perri. Sam would definitely laugh at me, because that's what bestfriends do. But I didn't mind laughter from him. And Perri always went easy on me, being one of the nicest boys in Diversity.
"Kip-ups, eh?" Perri said as the two walked back over to me.
"Did you leave Mitch alone on the mat?" I asked, depsite not really caring as long as he wasn't here right now.
"Nah, he's with Jord an' Ash." Sam answered. "Now don't avoid the subject. On the floor, or I'll push you."
"I love you too Sam." I said, something I always said when someone insulted me or something like this. But I layed down on the floor anyway, knowing I wasn't getting out of this.
"I know you do." Sam said, staring down at me. "I'll observe, Pel will teach."
"That makes me feel good, having someone like you watching me." I laughed as Perri layed down next to me, leaving a good amount of room between us. "I'm already dreading this."
"It's no big deal. Like Mitch said, he learned it when he was eight." Perri said.
"Mitch is a total show off." I laughed. "And frankly, he was cuter when he was eight." I winked.
"You've seen him when he was eight?" Sam asked.
"Yeah, in those old dance battles Swift Moves used to participate in." I said, using air-quotes around Swift Moves. "And you were in Swift Moves junior." I laughed.
"Yeah, when I was your age." Sam said.
"Moving on." Perri said, attempting to get back to teaching instead of mindless blathering. "So a kip-up. Roll onto your upper back, with your feet likes this, and your hands like this."
I laughed when I realized how impossible it would be to learn something from Perri without being able to see him. He wasn't as good at explaining as Mitch, but I didn't mind.
"And then, when you shoot your feet out, don't shoot them up or down, shoot them at an angle like this one." Perri said, sticking his feet straight out without unbalancing himself. "You need power though, so when you roll onto your back, you have to shoot your feet out almost right away." he said, laying back down flat before demonstrating a kip-up.
"Your turn." Sam said a little smugly.
"If I do this once, can I stop?" I asked.
"Only if you are atleast close to landing it." Sam said, taking over despite Perri being the teacher.
I whined again and closed my eyes. Breathing in and gathering what courage I had, hoping not to embarrass myself, I attempted a kip-up. Luckily, I did sort of land it on my feet, but never got into the full standing position.
"Ouch." I said. "That kinda hurt my feet." I stood up, feeling shorter than normal while on the ground.
"It will, if you can't land it properly. But you're close." Perri said. "I have to go practice with Ash now though, see you later Hannah." Perri said, walking away with a small wave.
"Can we move on to regular floor work?" I asked. "Or just skip floorwork altogether and move on to my favourite?"
"We're doing floorwork. But only that small routine we taught you a long time ago. The one with the roll." Sam said.
"Alright, alright. Just stand, I can do this one alone." I said. "Swivel, one knee, drag, switch." I mumbled quietly while going through the routine. "Good?" I asked, ending with a roll.
"We really do need to increase the difficulty." Sam said. "But we'll do that tomorrow or something. You've been good, so we can do tutting." he said.
"Wow, I feel like a dog who's done tricks and finally gets treats." I laughed.
I already knew which routine we'd be doing, and I set up for it, Sam following. The advanced routine Mitch had taught me a few days ago. I still hadn't worked my way to full speed though, not really having time to practice it lately.
We went through that more than a dozen times, because tutting was my favourite and I didn't mind working on it for long periods of time.
Noticing the tumbling mat was empty, I ran over to it to practice a small combo on my own. Sam followed though, making sure to be near for spotting.
I did the the combo that was probably the easiest that existed. A roundoff into a back handspring. I was taught this the day I'd broken my wrist, but I'd begged to do a slightly harder combo. I hadn't really done any combos since I broke my wrist, and I was a little scared to try the one I'd hurt myself with, but I knew I'd be fine if I made sure I had enough room.
So I stepped to the front of the mat, and took a deep breath while preparing myself. Feeling confident, I jumped into a back handspring. Just as my feet hit the ground, I went for a back tuck. I was slightly wobbly when I landed it, but I managed not to fall over or off the mat. I smiled widly with applause from Sam.
Hopping off the mat, I gave Sam a hug.
"Why're you hugging me?" He asked, holding me tight.
"I like hugs." I said simply. "And you give good hugs, despite being a bit too tall."
"I apologize for my height." he laughed, releasing my waist as I unwrapped my arms from his neck.
"Eh, Jade's a little taller than me." I smiled. "And she usually wears heels."
"I dont think I've ever seen you in heels." Sam commented.
"I dont really like feeling artifically tall." I said. "If that makes sense. And trainers are comfier, but I do own some heels."
"What now?" Sam asked.
"I don't know, but I'm warm. Is it cold out?" I asked.
"Well, I would assume so since it's about five fifteen." Sam said.
"Let's go out then." I said, walking to the door out of the studio.
"You're going to freeze." he pointed out, grabbing his hoodie from the wall and following me.
"I have this." I said, grabbing Mitch's jumper from my bag and pulling it over my head.
"You should probably give that back, and his joggers, and my shirt." Sam laughed, stepping out into the cool air with me. "And aren't your legs still cold?"
"I'll give 'em back when you drive me home, easier that way." I said. "And my legs don't get as cold as my arms do, I wear shorts a lot." I pointed out.
"Alright, alright. Weirdo." Sam said.
"Excuse me?" I asked, despite the large smile on my face.
"You heard me." he said, launching us into the banter we had daily.
"You're weirder than me." I said.
"Haven't we had this conversation before?" Sam asked.
"Yeah, I think we have." I said. "But you're still weirder than me."
"Am not. Just listen to you, your accent doesnt even know where it's from. Your accent is so different from when I first met you." he laughed.
"My accent was already messed up, and it's highly impressionable. I sound like this now cuz I've been hanging out with some stupid Dagenham boys too much." I winked.
"Blame it on me then, hmm?" Sam laughed.
"Oh, I blame everything on you." I laughed. "Let's go in now, I'm cold and we wasted a solid ten minutes."
"Alright," Sam said. "Weirdo." he coughed.
"Shh you." I said, giving him a gentle punch in the shoulder as he opened the door.
I stepped into the actual studio with him, and was about to practice some basic tutting with him, when a voice called my name. Or more specifically, my nickname, which only two people used. And I was standing next to one of them.
"Haz." Mitch said from somewhere behind me.
Taking a small breath and releasing it, I turned around.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Come with me." he said, not giving me an option and grabbing my wrist to drag me into the entrance room.
All the thoughts I'd been having rushed through my head at this moment, unsure of what would happen right now. When we'd gotten into the room and the door closed behind us, I didn't give Mitch a chance to say anything before beginning to ramble.
"This is about the kiss isn't it? I feel guilty and I dont know why, cuz you kissed me, not the other way around. And it was weird. Not that I didnt like it! Cuz I did. Wait does that sound weird? Is it weird to say I enjoyed kissing one of my bestfriends? Well, it was my first kiss so maybe I would've liked it despite who it was. I mean, did that come out wrong? I'm really not sure what to say right now. Am I rambling? It's because--" I said quickly before I was cut off.
Probably annoyed by my senseless rambling, Mitch had decided to silence me the best way possible. With his lips. The kiss was similar to the first one we'd had, although it lasted a little longer to try to silence me more successfully. He had shocked me, which definitely shut me up giving him a chance to talk. But when his lips left mine, he simply stood there smugly, so I spoke up.
"Are we dating now?" I asked rather bluntly before blushing at what a stupid thing to say that was.
"You tell me." Mitch winked, kissing me again.
I took this as a yes, so I simply stood their and enjoyed the kiss. I was very unexperienced in kissing, but Mitch was gentle, so I was okay. But I did just stand their frozen, while his hand made it's way to the side of my face.
We broke apart again, and silently walked back into the studio. Mitch walked off to Ash and Jordan, while I walked back up to Sam, hugging the jumper I was still wearing.
"What was that about?" he asked.
"Uhm." I said, not sure whether to tell him or not. Or how to tell him for that matter.
"You know," he said after I let the question hang in the air for too long. "I can always ask Mitch. I'm sure he'll tell me."
Do I let him ask Mitch? Or do I just tell him myself? Deciding for the latter, I approached it with a more fun angle.
"Well, I did something you've been telling me to do for awhile now." I smirked.
"And what's that?" Sam asked.
"Guess."
Sam pondered the thought for awhile, trying to figure out what he told me to do often.
"You got yourself a boyfriend?" he asked a little sarcastically.
"Yep." I said quietly.
"I don't know, it's the only thing I could think of." he said, apparently not even hearing my answer. "Wait, yes?" He asked, a little unsure his ears were working properly.
I nodded my head, beginning to blush a little.
"Oh my god. You're dating my little brother." he said, not believing it.
"Not so loud." I mumbled.
"Pfft, don't worry. Mitch has probably told half of Diversity by now, if they didnt already assume it. But how'd this happen, might I ask?"
"Well, yesterday when I was about to leave and you'd gone to shower, Mitch asked me a question. He asked if I was jealous of you and Jade. I wasn't sure why he asked, so I asked him if he seemed it. He said a little and asked if I'd never had a relationship like yours. I told him I'd never even had a boyfriend. Which brought up the question of a first kiss. I said I'd never had one, and he kissed me. Then Mary was calling me so I just left without really saying anything."
"Cheeky bastard." Sam laughed. "He set that conversation up."
"And today when he talked to me, I started to ramble about the kiss and everything. And he cut me off, with his lips. I asked if we were dating or whatever, since I was confused. And he said 'you tell me' and kissed me again, I'm pretty sure that's a yes." I said.
"That's a yes." Sam confirmed. "He's just cocky though."
"And you're not?" I laughed.
"Pfft, noo. I still can't believe this though. This is weird. My best friend and my little brother, isn't there a rule against that?"
"I dont think it counts if we're boy/girl bestfriends. I'm pretty sure it only applies when it's two girls." I laughed.
"Thats stupid."
"Does this bother you? I'm pretty sure you tried to practically set us up a few times."
"No it's fine, and I did not." he said, despite sounding like he was lying. "It'll take some adjusting though. Don't be lovey-dovey, okay?"
"I'll try not to, I don't like couples like that anyway." I said.
"This is still weird. And I'm going to go tell everyone." Sam said.
"Oh god." I said, running after him as he walked into the large group of boys preparing for the end of the day.
"So, got yourself a girlfriend?" Sam said, walking right up to Mitch.
Sam had said Mitch was a cheeky bastard, but Sam was definitely one too. I only sat helplessly, knowing everyone would find out anyway, if they didn't know already.
"Mitch has a girlfriend?" Perri asked.
So maybe he hasnt told everyone yet, cuz I'd expect him to tell Perri first or second.
"Sure does, and," he paused. "she's in this room right now."
Wow Sam. What a blunt way to say it. I almost considered running out of the room as fast as I could, but I was pretty sure that would make it pretty obvious.
"Hannah's the only girl in the room. And I'm pretty sure you two've got something going on." Ike said.
"I have a girlfriend. And it's not Haz, okay? I'm dating Jade." Sam said. "Mitch is dating Haz."
There was a silence at this point. I just stood there silently, a little awkward at the moment.
"What?" Warren asked.
"Yeah, I'm dating Haz. Got a problem with it?" Mitch spoke up.
"Way to go little dude!" Ike said, giving Mitch a fist bump.
"When did this happen?" Perri asked, still confused.
"I dunno, five minutes ago?" I said.
Everyone stood mostly silently, unsure of exactly what to say. But someone started a cheer, and soon almost everyone was cheering. These boys were immature, but I loved them dearly.
When the boys had mostly dispersed, and we were heading out to Sam's car, I spoke up.
"I hate you."
"No you don't." he smirked. "You gave me and Jade a couple name, so I gotta think of one for you two lovebirds."
"No you dont. Seriously." I said, getting into his car and buckling myself in.
"Yes I do. But your names sound really ugly together." Sam said.
"We don't need a couple name." Mitch said, sitting in the back with me, behind the passenger seat.
"Do you boys want your clothes back?" I asked, pulling Sam's shirt and Mitch's joggers from my bag.
"Keep the jumper. I don't wear it a lot, and it looks better on you." Mitch said.
I blushed a little, but I wasn't going to force him to take it back. I really loved this jumper, and how cute was it for a girlfriend to wear her boyfriends jumper?
"K." I said quietly.
"Hitch?" Sam asked. "Mannah? Minnah? Hatch? Hatah? Mintch? Mantch?" I clued in to what he was saying as he continued the list, almost pissing myself at some of the combinations.
"Our names really do sound ugly together." I laughed. "We could be Match." I pointed out, hoping to find one that didn't sound as terrible as the rest.
"Match." Sam repeated. "It'll do for now."
We pulled into my driveway, and I was about to step out of the car when Mitch stopped me.
When I turned back to him, he lifted my chin and kissed me the same way he had the first time.
"Young love." Sam said, looking at us in the mirror.
"Shh you." I said. "Bye, see you tomorrow." I said, stepping out of the car.
I was going to say, 'love you both', but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say that now. So I just walked back into my house, swinging my dance bag while the boys drove away.
"I'm home!" I called, dropping my bag and slipping out of my shoes.
I walked into the kitchen to grab some coke and a bag of crisps.
"Good evening Hannah." Mary said. "Is that Mitch's jumper? Weren't you supposed to return that?"
"Yeah. He, uh... nevermind." I said, sitting on the large couch no one used with my evening snack.
"What?" Mary asked, always one to be nosy.
"It's nothing." I said, opening my coke.
"Hannah." Mary said sternly.
"He uh, kinda let me keep it. Cuz we're uh, kinda dating." I said, making my words quieter towards the end.
"You're dating?! Aww, Hannah. That's so cute. When did this happen?" She asked.
This is why I didn't want to tell her, she wouldn't be mad, just annoying.
"Like, half an hour ago?" I said, estimating.
"Your first boyfriend. Did you have your first kiss?" she asked, always one to be motherly.
"Yeah. Yesterday." I said.
"You had your first kiss before your first boyfriend?"
"Yep. Just before you called me to leave from their place." I said, keeping the conversation as short as possible.
"Aw, I'll have to tell Rick when he's home."
"How's Amy?" I asked, changing the subject to something I was curious about.
"Oh, she woke up. She's got a concussion, and she managed to fracture her nose, but she'll be okay."
"Aww! Thats such good news." I said. "That made my night. I'll be upstairs." I said, grabbing my food and drink and heading upstairs, making sure to grab my bag on the way.
I wasted time on the internet, tweeting about my entire day and how happy I was that Amy was okay. I kept Mitch a secret though. Well, I didnt say who my boyfriend was alteast. It was soon nighttime, and I was about to go to sleep.
I took off my purple tank top, but slept in my shorts and the jumper. Happily comfortable. Just before falling asleep though, I recieved a text from Mitch. It was simple, but I loved it.
"Night babe." is what it said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate this chapterrrr. But I thought I'd update since I havent in forever and I'm going camping tomorrow. So. Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes, feel free to point them out :)