Status: On Hiatus

This Is Bonkers

Duck Duck Goose

Wednesday started out pretty much the same as Tuesday. My morning routine was the same, setting up for the studio in the afternoon, eating breakfast, the usual. And school went by fairly quickly, because I was still distracted. I was still thinking a lot, but definitely about different things. About Amy being okay, and yes, I was thinking about Mitch.
But now I was home, and I'd made it here at my normal pace. So I wasn't late, but I wasn't early either.
So I grabbed the clothes I'd left myself at the bottom of the stairs, an outfit similar to the one I'd worn yesterday. Black comfy shorts, and a hot pink tank-top. I changed in the downstairs bathroom, leaving my uniform neatly folded on the side of the counter. Pulling a hair tie off my wrist, I opted for a high and messy bun today. I always thought messy hairstyles were the cutest.
I walked out of the bathroom and slipped into my Nikes, since I prefered those for dancing in. I picked up my dancebag, already packed and ready to go, and headed out the door.
I walked to the studio, instead of rushing like yesterday, but still tried to keep a quick pace. I was kinda expecting Mitch outside for me, but there was Sam. But I didn't care, cuz I loved Sam.
"Guess what?" I called, running down to him.
"What, Haz?" he asked as I almost collided with him.
"Amy's okay." I smiled.
"Told you she would be." Sam said, smiling genuinely.
"She woke up. She has a concussion, and she fractured her nose, but she'll be alright."
"Good, I'm glad she's okay. Now let's go in, hmm?" he asked, opening the door.
"Damn right. Gunna get my dance on." I said jokingly. "And do some tumbling, since I didn't do much yesterday."
"That's cuz you were avoiding Mitch." Sam said, opening the other door.
"Was not." I said, a small blush on my cheeks. "Good afternoon boys!"
An assortment of greetings were sent back to me.
"Afternoon, Haz." Mitch said, walking over to me and planting a quick kiss on my lips.
"Fan of PDA are you?" I asked.
"Mm, kinda. But I really just want to show you off."
"What? Why? I'm like a potato." I laughed.
"You're beautiful." he said, causing a pretty big blush.
"Can we do some tumbling?" I asked, excited to finally get a real start to tumbling again.
"'Course." he said, grabbing my hand in his own and pulling me along to the mat where Perri was practicing complex combos.
"Leggo!" I said, stepping out of my shoes and kicking them to the side. I let go of Mitch's hand, so I could climb onto the mat, and he followed me quickly.
"Do you guys want some alone time?" Perri asked, putting emphasis on alone and giving an eyebrow wiggle.
"Nope. I want my favourite afro kid to help me tumble." I said as Mitch gave Perri a punch in the shoulder.
"Alright, I'll stay." Pel said.
"Pleasseee give me more combos! I can do the simple ones you guys gave me ages ago." I begged.
"I dont know, is she ready?" Perri asked.
"Don't make me give you the puppy dog pout. Seriously, it works on like, everyone. Sam hates it." I laughed.
The boys raised an eyebrow and didn't say anything. So I gave them my puppy dog pout. I opened my eyes wide, raised my eyebrows in a sad position, and pouted my lips.
"Pleasee?" I begged in the innocent cutesy voice I used with this face.
"Alright, alright." Mitch said. "But we're still starting you basic."
I sighed, but atleast I got to do some combos.
"If you impress us, we might make it a little harder." Perri said.
The boys stood on the side of the mat, while I made my way to the front to make sure I had a lot of room.
"What first?" I asked.
"Round-off into a back handspring." Perri said.
I sighed, knowing this was already too easy for me. But I performed it for them anyway, landing solidly. I ran back to the front, and did my next combo without asking. It was that one I'd broken my wrist on. But I'd done it yesterday, so I wasn't afraid for it today. I did a back handspring and bounced back into a back tuck when my feet hit the mat. I landed with a couple wobbles, but I didn't fall.
"See? You guys can give me harder combos." I said, trying to covince them as I headed back to the front.
"Not until you land that without a wobble." Mitch said. "Consistently."
"You're strict." I whined.
"I don't want you to hurt yourself." Mitch said back.
"Before I broke my wrist you rolled your eyes at how easy Perri was starting me." I laughed. "I'll do the combo again, so shush."
I launched into the combo again, determined to land solidly. My feet hit the mat and I stuck it the best I could, trying to look like an olympic gymnast.
"Good?" I asked, walking forward again.
"You need to land it solidly, consistently." Mitch pointed out.
"You're mean." I joked.
But I launched into the combo again, landing it as solidly as I could.
"What would I be doing after this?" I asked innocently while moving forward.
"Double back handspring into a back tuck, probably." Perri said.
Mitch gave him a look which meant 'why the hell did you say that' while I checked the amount of room behind me. Taking the risk and disobeying rules, I launched into that combo. I was confident I had room, but I heard Mitch jump off the mat and assumed he was heading to the back of it incase I fell off. But I landed on the mat, although a little unsteadily, and I forced myself to fall forward.
"Oh hi." I smiled, rolling over to see Mitch behind me on the floor.
"Dont do that. No more tumbling for you." he said, despite surpressing a smile.
"Aw, you're no fun." I whined, but I hopped off the mat and slipped back into my shoes. "Don't hurt Pel for telling me, it wasn't his fault."
"It kinda was." Mitch said, although he wasnt angry at all.
"I asked." I laughed. "And I was planning to try that anyway."
"We'll do tutting." he sighed. "Lemme get my glasses." he ran over to an area where a lot of the boys had left different articles of clothing, etc., and returned with his glasses.
"Do you wear your glasses in rehearsals?" I asked, even though I loved how cute he was with them.
"Sometimes. Especially since we're not really rehearsing anything right now, we're just keeping skills and fitness up."
"And teaching me." I beamed.
"And teaching you. You still at half speed?" Mitch asked, already setting up for the routine he'd taught me.
"Yes." I sighed. "But I did this routine a bajillion times with Sam yesterday, so I might be able to go a little faster."
"A bajillion?" Mitch laughed.
"Pshh, it's a number." I said.
"You're cute."
"Well, I'm cute, you're cute. Let's be cute together." I winked.
"Alright, we'll go a little faster then. Follow my counts." Mitch said.
I nodded, and we started the routine. Mitch counted a little faster, but I stayed on beat fairly easily. The routine definitely wasn't very hard when it was broken down.
"You know what I like, never practice?" I asked. Mitch only gave me a look to continue. "Isolation."
"Have we even taught you any isolation routines?" Mitch asked.
"I think Sam and Pel did in the very beginning, but I know the master of isolation." I smiled.
"The question is, do I still know it?" Mitch laughed. "It is an older routine, I dont think I've done it since 2009."
"I could teach you." I winked.
"Just because you know it doesn't mean you can do it." Mitch pointed out. "How many times have you told me that?"
"A few." I mumbled.
"Like a bajillion." Mitch answered.
"Hey!" I laughed. "That's my number, get your own." I said, giving him a gentle push.
"You sure we can't share it?" he asked, winking and shooting me a dazzling smile.
"Nope." I laughed.
"Fine then." he laughed. "I think I know the routine, we can run through it."
"K." I agreed.
If you asked me to list the parts of streetdance in order of which I was best at to the worst, I dont know where I'd put isolation. I didn't do it very often, so I didn't really improve much, but I wasn't incredibly terrible either. Popping was still my worst, but I was getting better.
"Floor?" Mitch asked when we finished the routine.
"If we're doing floor I want to stretch." I said.
"Go for it then." Mitch said, content to stand and ignore stretching.
I sighed, hoping he wouldnt pull a muscle or something. But I took my time to do my lunges and side-lunges, among a few other stretchs. Then, for fun, I dropped into the forward splits.
"Holy shit, Haz." Came Sam's voice from somewhere nearby.
I laughed a little when I remembered I'd only really ever shown Mitch and Pel I could do the splits.
"I didn't know you could do that." Sam said.
"Oh." I said, standing back up.
"No no no, come with me." Sam said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the big group of boys. "Look what Haz can do." he said.
The other boys looked at me expectantly, perplexed as to why they'd been interrupted. Sighing, I slid into the splits again.
"It's not that impressive." I laughed.
"Wow. You're flexible. Can you do the other splits?" Ashley asked.
"Uhm, my straddle's not quite to the ground, but almost." I said, standing up and sliding into straddle instead.
"Let me know if you participate in a dance competition or something, cuz I am totally choreographing something for you." Ash said.
"Sweet! I totally will." I said, putting my legs back into a regular sitting positon. "Now someone help me up." I laughed.
"I got it." Mitch said, watching from the side. He walked over to me and offered me a hand, hoisting me to my feet effortlessly.
"Let's get on with floor then, shall we?" I asked, walking back over to the area Mitch and I had been in before.
"Sure."
"What time is it?" I asked.
"I dunkno." Mitch said.
"Fine, I'll get my phone. One second." I said, walking over to my bag.
I pulled my phone out of my bag, careful not to disturb the other contents.
"It's about four fourty-five." I said, dropping my phone back into the bag and pulling out my water bottle. I took a quick sip.
"Actually, I'm hungry. I haven't eaten since lunch. Can we go sit outside and eat?" I asked.
"Outside?" Mitch asked, walking over to me.
"Yes." I said, pulling his jumper out of my bag.
I pulled it over my head carefully, not wanting to disturb the messy bun atop my head. I pulled a small bag of classic crisps out of my bag and picked up my water bottle again.
"Leggo!" I said.
"You need to stop listening to Chris Brown." Mitch laughed, opening the door for me.
"How'd you know I've been listening to a lot of Chris Brown lately?" I asked, opening the second door myself as cold air hit me.
"I guessed."
"Good guess." I said, walking a few feet from the door and sitting on the ground, my back against the cold wall.
"Isn't your butt cold?" Mitch asked, sitting next to me as I opened my crisps.
"A little." I laughed.
"Haz, I lost my teddy bear. Can I cud--"
"You have a teddy bear?" I laughed, cutting him off.
"Haz, you just ruined my pickup line."
"You dont need to use pickup lines on me, you already have me." I said, scooting closer to him. "And yes, you can cuddle me instead."
He smirked, satisfied with what I'd said. His arm wrapped around my shoulders, and he pulled me against him more, cuddling me into his shoulder.
We sat in a comfortable silence while I ate my crisps, Mitch taking a few too. We were eventually interrupted though.
"Ah, there are the lovebirds." Sam said, walking towards us and looking down at us when he stopped. "It's about five, and you guys need to stop wasting time and get back in the studio, I'm getting a picture of you two first though." he said, pulling out his phone and snapping a picture.
"You waste so much more time than we do." I laughed, carefully getting to my feet. "But I'm done my crisps anyway, so we can get back to dancing."
I ran back into the studio, leaving the boys a ways behind me. Once inside, I carefully took Mitch's jumper off, once again being careful not to disturb the bun on my head.
"So I've still got an hour here, huh?" I asked once the boys rejoined me in the studio.
"Yep." Sam said. "What're you going to do?"
"Well, I would tumble. But Mitch has banned me from that for the day." I sighed.
"Why?" Sam asked.
"She attempted a harder combo then we wanted her too, her wrist is still recovering." Mitch answered.
"Just let her do hard combos." Sam said.
"She has to work her way up." Mitch said.
"It's alright, I dont mind working my way up to the harder combos. But he does baby me a little bit." I said.
"Pel doesn't let you do harder combos either." Mitch pointed out.
"Pel doesn't let me do harder combos cuz you'd kill him." I laughed.
"She's got a point." Sam said.
"I don't want you to get hurt again." Mitch said.
"I'm fine, and it wasn't your fault." I reminded him. "And dont argue with me about it!" I smiled as he went to say something then shut his mouth.
"K." He said quietly, ovbiously wanting to continue but obeying me anyway.
"Good boy." I said, giving him a peck on the lips. "Now what are we doing for the next hourish?" I asked, figuring we'd probably just managed to waste 10 minutes.
"Dancing?" Mitch suggested.
"I dont want to dance." I sighed.
"This is a dance studio, Haz." Sam pointed out.
"Pfft, you guys hardly dance in your dance studio." I said, pointing to the many boys standing around and talking.
"What're you gunna do? Suggest we all play duck duck goose?" Sam asked, a small laugh passing his lips.
"Nah, I hate that game." I laughed. "I would probably tumble, but Mitch has banned me."
"And I'm not lifting the ban, so don't even try." Mitch said.
"Seems we wont even come to a decision before you're supposed to go home." Sam laughed, crossing his arms and shifting his weight to one foot.
"I dont suppose you'd let me tumble on the ground would you? There'd be no risk of falling off anything." I said in a slightly sing-songy voice.
"You've never done it, it's dangerous." Mitch said.
"That's not true, I did a front tuck a long time ago. And, I can't learn it if I don't try. Wasn't there someone who told me that?" I winked.
"That was me." Sam sighed.
"And you," I said, pointing to Mitch. "said 'you can land it on the mat, I dont see why you couldnt on the floor' or something like that."
"You did say that." Sam said.
Mitch made a dissaproving noise.
"C'mon! I'll start pretty basic. I've got the best tumbler as my teacher, and Sam to spot me. Well, both of you can spot me. It's not like I'm just gunna bust out into a full tumbling set right now, I dont even know anything past double back into a back tuck." I pointed out.
"Fine." he sighed. "But if you hurt yourself at all, no tumbling for a week. So stretch."
"Alright." I laughed.
As I slid into a front lunge, Sam came by and whispered into my ear.
"He won't be able to hold out for a week, so dont worry about it." he said, winking.
I laughed and switched legs before sliding into the splits for a bit of an extra stretch. I stood back up and did some arm stretches at the same time as side lunges, since it made it faster. I touched my toes with my palms flat on the floor, and made sure to stretch out my back well. I took a couple of seconds to stretch my wrists too, since they'd be important in handsprings.
"Back handsprings to start?" I asked.
"I-" Mitch started.
"Pleaseee?" I asked with my puppy-dog pout.
"Fine." he said again.
I made room, not wanting to run into anyone or anything, and checked to make sure Sam was in place to catch me if I needed it. I wasnt going to be doing these with support, just someone to catch me if I fell.
With a deep breath and a reassuring smile to Mitch, I made up momentum and jumped back. My hands interracted with the floor, feeling a lot different than the mat, and I continued on my way over. I landed flat on my feet with a small hop, only a couple of inches away from Sam.
"This is easier to land than the mat." I said. "'Cuz the mat sinks under your weight. Am I allowed to try a back tuck? Or do I have to stick to handsprings for now?"
"Back handsprings, and I mean it." Mitch said as I walked back over to him.
"Fine. But stop worrying." I said, giving him a quick peck on the lips.
I backed up a bit, so as not to kick Mitch in the face, and started again. I did two back handsprings this time, quickening the process. When Mitch finally said I could do a tuck, in combination for more momentum, it was time to go home. But I took a couple of seconds to do the combo, landing solidly and smiling.
I ran over to my bag and pulled Mitch's jumper on, not caring of my hair since it'd gotten pretty messy during tumbling.
"Let's go, Haz!" Sam called, already stepping outside with Mitch.
"Bye!" I yelled to the boys still in the studio before rushing out the studio door and the outside door. "Dont leave without me." I laughed as I caught up with the boys, already at the car.
"Get inside, div." Sam said, opening his door.
I opened the back door on the driver's side, my permanent seat in Sam's car. Mitch had apparently taken to sitting in the back with me. I didnt really care if he sat in the back or the front, but it was nice to have him back here with me.
The three of us bickered on the way to my house, smiles on our faces. Everyday I realized how close I was to these guys, and how much I loved them. I was lucky.
We stopped at my house, Mitch gave me a kiss goodbye, and I stepped out of the car with my bag.
"Bye, see you tomorrow?" I asked before closing the door.
"'Course, see you then." Sam said.
I smiled and closed the door, running up the path to my house as they drove away.
"I'm home!" I called, slipping out of my shoes.
I grabbed some food, exchanged in some small talk with Mary, and went upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
BLEHHH. I hate this chapter, but you guys who actually read it deserve it, because you're all sweethearts! So, please enjoy this terrible chapter, and feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes.

Love you~