Status: On Hiatus

This Is Bonkers

Nandos

The next morning when I woke up, my routine was almost the same as any other day. The only differences were I noticed I was sore, and also put a pile of clothes next to the door for me to grab when I came home before heading to DanceWorks.
Yesterday, I thought classes had been hard to sit through. They were alot harder to sit through today. Yesterday I didnt know what I was getting into, and today I knew exactly what I was getting into. Well, that's not exactly true, since the boys appeared to be rather spontaneous.
But finally, the bell went, and I left my last class. I rushed to my locker, and grabbed my stuff, throwing half of it on the floor in my excitement. People gave me weird looks, which was expected since I got those anyway.
Today I took the regular route home, hoping to have time to change. I ended up home around 3:50 instead and used the extra time to change and tie up my hair. Yesterday I'd gotten really hot because of my long hair, so taking the extra time to tie it in a bun was worth it.
The path to DanceWorks was a little more familar this time, and I made it there right around 4:15. I turned the corner without worrying this time, walking like I owned the place. Sam was out front again, and he grinned when he saw me.
"Hannah!" he said as I approached him. "I see you came prepared today." he opened the door and gestured for me to go in. I opened the door that led into the actual studio though, eager to get inside.
I was greeted by a few different voices, one in particular very excited sounding.
"Hannah!" Perri said. "You've come prepared today! We can do some tumbling then, if you want." He said, gesturing to the mat by the wall.
"Should I take off my shoes then?" I asked.
"Uh, Yeah. Just leave 'em where you are." Perri said, already bouncing around on the mat.
I did as he said, leaving my shoes to the side of the room out of anyone's way. I laughed a little when I noticed my mismatched socks but I didnt really care.
I looked up to see Perri do a back handspring into a back tuck and hoped he wouldnt try to get me to do something as hard. Although it was clearly simple for him, I'd probably break my neck.
Gingerly I climbed onto the mat. Instantly noticing how bouncy it was, I began to jump around with Perri, a smile on my face.
"Can I show you something?" Perri asked, stopping the bouncing and just standing.
"Yeah sure! Go for it." I said, standing off to the side of the mat.
"I'm gunna teach you how to do a front tuck." He said before demonstrating. He worked up a little momentum before bouncing and tucking into a ball to complete the flip. Easily he landed on his feet. To him, this was the most basic move you could do, but to me? Well, we'd see. "Your turn."
"Oh god." I said aloud. I stepped towards the middle of the mat so it'd be a little harder to fall off.
"It's simple, just make sure to tuck properly to make it the full way over." He demonstrated the tuck position and gestured for me to do the same.
I smiled a little nervously before going for the move. I took a few quick steps the way he had, working up the momentum. I closed my eyes when I jumped, not sure if I'd make it the whole way over. Well, I did and I was pretty close to landing on my feet, but I slipped onto my back and layed there laughing.
I opened my eyes to see Perri standing over me and clapping. "That was pretty good." He smiled.
"Thankyou." I said, standing.
Suddenly I heard music playing, quieter than the stuff the boys were dancing too, but it was still there. It was my phone. I rolled off the mat and onto the floor before walking to my phone, which I'd left in my shoe.
"Hello? Mary?" I answered.
"Hello Hannah." I could hear the smile in Mary's voice. She was always happy. "Rick and I are going out tonight, and we probably wont be home until late. So you'll have to make your own dinner or whatever, and find a safe way home too." Last night I had gotten a ride from Sam, wonder if he'd be willing to do the same tonight.
"Yeah yeah, I'll be fine. And I'll text you if anything changes." I said. "Bye, love you." I hung up.
"What's up?" I jumped a little when Perri asked, not realizing he was so close behind me.
"Oh that was Mary," I smiled. "She and Rick are going out for dinner or something and so theyre just telling me I'm on my own or whatever."
"Who're Rick and Mary?"
"Oh, well since I'm only living in Essex for a year, theyre like my parents I guess." I tried to explain it so it made sense and didnt just sound like I was crazy.
"Did I hear you say youre on your own tonight?" Sam asked, walking up.
"Uhm, yeah." I smiled.
"Mitch and I are headed to Nandos again after this, wanna come?"
"Again? Wow you guys must eat there often." I said. "Actually, I'd love to, but I dont know. I dont wanna impose. We've only met yesterday, havent really gotten to know eachother."
"Mm, but isnt dinner the perfect opportunity to?" Sam asked as Perri left the conversation to talk to one of the other boys.
"I dont know," I mumbled again. "What about Mitchell? Think he'd be ok with it?"
"Yeah, he'd be okay with it. I know it seems like he doesnt like you right now, but he's kinda quiet at first. He's just as crazy as the rest of us once you get to know him." He said as Mitchell gave an example of being crazy in the background, badly attempting to do ballet with Perri.
"Alright, I guess." I said, still not sure if I should be accepting his offer. "I'll let Mary know." I said, sliding the unlock button on my phone.
"Hey wait," Sam said, grabbing my phone.
"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to grab the phone from him. I was never really trusting when it came to other people having my phone.
"Relax, I'm just putting my number in your phone." I blinked. Sam Craske was personally putting his number in my phone. I hadnt asked for it, he just gave it to me. He wanted me to text him. He smiled and gave me the phone back before heading back to the other boys, specifically to Mitchell. Probably to talk about dinner.
When I went to the contacts to text Mary, there was Sam's name and number a few below. I smiled to myself before selecting Mary's name.
"Might be home a little late too. Dinner with Sam and Mitchell at Nandos." Mary was always one to text back quickly, and she lived up to it today.
"Really? Not sure how I feel about that. Have fun though." Mary worried about me a little too much. I had only met the boys yesterday, but c'mon. They werent going to hurt me or anything of the like. They were actually incredibly friendly.
I spent the last hour or so we had in the studio practicing a few of the routines I'd been taught yesterday. I'm not sure if the practicing actually made me improve at all though, as my mind began to wander again.
"You ready?" Sam asked, startling me out of my daydreams. I realized at some point during my daydreams I'd sat down on the floor and looked around dumbfoundedly. Sam smirked and stuck out his hand to help me up.
"Yeah, I think." I said as he pulled me to my feet. This time I was a little more prepared for his strength, and landed solidly on my feet. "I'll look retarded though." I laughed, looking in the mirror at my clothing and appearrance.
"You look great." He said.
I blushed. I blushed hard. So to cover it up, I turned around to grab my phone from where'd I left it on the floor, not wanting to drop it while dancing.
It was about 10 to 6, and would probably be just after 6 by the time we got to Nandos. Which was perfect, as 6 was my usual dinner time, and therefore, I was beginning to get hungry. I'd actually never been to Nandos, so I was excited. I knew they mostly served chicken, but they did salads too, so I'd be fine.
I glanced around to find Sam, but didnt see him. He was probably already outside, so I headed out after saying bye to the boys. I was right, Sam was waiting for me outside, Mitchell with him.
"Are you sure it's alright for me to go to Nandos with you?" I asked, once again feeling like I was intruding.
"Yeh, It's fine." Sam said, beginning to walk towards his car.
"Are you okay with it Mitchell?" I asked, wanting to make sure.
"Yeah, it's no big deal." He said. I nodded, still not entirely sure he was okay with it.
"It's cold." I mumbled, grabbing my bare arms.
"Well then hurry up." Sam said, a few feet ahead.
"Well fine." I joked, closing the short distance between us as we reached his car. I opened the door behind the driver's seat myself, eager to get inside to where it was warmer. As Sam and Mitchell got into the car, my phone's text tone went off. It was Mary, checking up on me.
"Still going to Nandos?" The text said.
"Yes, I am. We're headed there now." I texted back.
"How're you getting home?"
I blinked. How was I getting home? I didnt have a surefire plan yet.
"Sam?"
"Hmm?" He asked.
"Will you be able to..." I trailed off, not wanting to sound pushy. "Am I walking after this?" I tried instead.
"Home, you mean?" I nodded, not sure if he saw it in the mirror or not. "No, I'll drive you."
"You sure it's not a hassle?" I asked, once again feeling like he was doing too much for me after knowing eachother for such short of a time.
"I'm sure. You're not allowed to walk so dont even try it."
I was a little shocked to hear Sam sound almost protective, but got over it quickly and texted back Mary.
"Sam will drive me, like last night."
"Alright, be safe." She replied.
"I'll be fine." I texted back.
The car stopped, and I looked out the window to see we had arrived at our destination. I stepped out of the car quickly, excited to eat at Nandos for the first time, before realizing it was still cold out.
I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep warm. I could hear Sam laughing, and Mitchell laughing a little quieter.
"You forgot it was cold, hmm?" Sam asked, standing close to me. He was really warm, and so I stepped just a little closer to him, trying not to make it weird.
"Yes." I mumbled. "I was just excited, I've never been to a Nandos." Sam stared at me in shock, and Mitchell gave me a look.
"Really?" Sam asked, opening the door. Warm air hit me, and I jumped inside quickly.
"Really."
"You've got to try the Peri Peri chicken!" Sam said.
"I'm vegetarian." I smirked.
"Really? This is a chicken place." Mitchell said, the first thing I'd heard out of him in the last 10 minutes.
"Yeah, they've got salads." I said, pointing to the menu.
"You shoulda told me you were vegetarian." Sam said.
"It's no big deal. I dont care if my friends eat meat or anything, as long as you dont try to force it down my throat. But dont treat it like a disease either, I hate that too." There were a couple reasons I liked being vegetarian. One reason was the reason you should go vegetarian: How animals are treated and slaughtered. And another was it kept me pretty slim.
I zoned out while the boys ordered, reading the menu.
"And for the lady?" Sam asked, turning to me after ordering for himself.
"Oh," I said, zoning back in. "I'll have a ceaser salad, without the chicken please, and a coca-cola." I suddenly realized I had no money on me, and Sam was voluntarily paying for it all. I told myself I'd make it up to him, so as not to feel as guilty.
We got our food, and sat down quietly. The place was pretty empty, just us and a few other people quietly eating. This place sounded pretty popular, so I'm not sure why it was so empty. And I'm not sure if I liked the silence it gave us, or not. Mitchell sat on the same side as Sam, leaving me alone on the opposite side of the table.
"It's not the same if you dont have the chicken, but how're you likin Nandos?" Sam asked.
"This salad is amazing. And they serve Coke products here, which is good, cuz I hate Pepsi."
"I'll remember that." he smirked. "Anyway, I'll be right back. Play nice, alright?" He said before heading towards the bathrooms.
Suddenly, I felt very cheeky and mischevious. A plan formed in my head, an evil plan. I grabbed Sam's drink and took the top off of it.
"What're you doing?" Mitchell asked, probably noticing the glint in my eyes. I was silent to the question for a few seconds, not sure if I should let him in on the plan. In reality though, he'd figure it out in a second anyway, so I just told him.
"Putting salt in Sam's drink." I said as innocently as I could.
"Why?"
"'Cuz it'll be funny." I smirked. I hurried to pour the salt in Sam's drink and replace the top, since he'd probably be back any minute.
I was right, and soon Sam was heading back to the table. I tried to look innocent, eating my salad casually.
"Shh." I said to Mitchell, a finger over my mouth, hoping he wouldnt ruin the plan.
Mitchell didnt ruin the plan, but it took awhile for it to work, as Sam was clearly not thirsty. But when he finally went to take a sip from his drink, Mitchell and I both watched intently.
As soon as Sam tasted his drink, he made a disgusted face and tried not to spit out his drink, while trying not to choke on it. I'm sure if I had been sipping my own drink while watching him, it wouldve been all over the table. I was trying not to laugh like a maniac and Mitchell was laughing too.
"Mitchell." Sam glared at Mitchell after getting the disgusting taste mostly out of his mouth.
"It wasnt me!"
"Yeah right."
Not wanting to get Mitchell in trouble, I piped up.
"It was me actually." I said. Sam turned to look at me, surprise on his face.
"Really?"
"Yes. Have a sip of my drink, get the awful taste out of your mouth, hm?" I said, offering him my drink. He cautiously took a sip, not wanting to have his mouth assaulted by salt again. "I'm sorry," I laughed. "I'll make it up to you." I said, still giggling.
"How so?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Hmm," I thought. "You like chocolate don't you? I'll buy you a big box of expensive chocolates."
"Alright, but I'm expecting that box of chocolates next time we see eachother." He said, partially joking.
"When would that be?" I asked, wondering how much time I had to get him chocolate. I was serious about buying him some, and I'd probably pick up some for myself since I loved chocolate too.
"Tomorrow, after school, at DanceWork Studios of course." He smiled, taking another sip from my drink.
"Heyy," I said. "I didnt say you could have more of that!" I reached for my drink, not really caring if he drank it.
"Well mine's been poisoned. And since you poisoned it, I get your drink." He said, pulling the drink out of my reach. Mitchell only watched, drinking his own pop, with an amused look in his eye. I was hoping Mitchell would become a little more open towards me, and it seemed like it was working.
"Fine." I sniffed sarcastically. "Be that way." I said, using my best drama-queen voice.
"I will." he smirked, the straw to my drink between his teeth.
"Well," I said normally. "That backfired." I sighed and began to eat my salad again, since Sam had clearly won. After a little while though, I was very thirsty. "Dammit, Sam. I'm thirsty."
Sam was silent for a few seconds. "It's empty." he said, shaking the cup. I blinked.
"It's empt-- what? Seriously?" I said. When he nodded, I smacked my hand into my forehead, unbelieving.
"Have some of mine."
I looked up to see Mitchell offering me his drink. "Really?" I asked. He nodded and pushed it a little closer to me. I was a bit skeptical, wondering if they'd poisoned it the way I'd poisoned Sam's. But I was thirsty, so I accepted the offer and cautiously took a sip.The drink was not full of salt, so I smiled and drank a little more.
"Thankyou!" I said.
"No problem." He said quietly, a small smile on his face.
"Ready to go?" Sam asked.
I was done eating, and when I checked my phone it was about quarter to 7. I guess I was ready to go, and had no reason to stay out longer, but I didnt really want to leave yet. I'd see them again tomorrow, though, so I forced myself to say yes.
"Yeah, I'm ready." I said, standing up from the table.
We headed towards the door, and I stuck close to Sam, ready for the cold. It wasnt quite as much of a shock when I stepped outside this time. But still, it was cold, so I was very quick to get into Sam's car.
"Hey, tomorrow's Friday." I said absentmindedly.
"Is that important?" Sam asked, starting the car.
"Well, not really. I just get out early tomorrow because my last block is empty. Gives me time to buy some chocolate." I was about to point out which way to turn, when Sam turned the right way. Apparently he already knew the route to my house, even from Nandos.
Well we were closer to my house than I thought, and made it there quickly.
"Sure this isnt a hassle for you guys?" I asked, undoing my seatbelt.
"Yeah, we only live about 10-15 minutes away." Sam said.
"Alright, alright. I'll see you two tomorrow," I said, stepping out of the car. "Thanks for the ride, and Nandos."
"No problem, see ya." Sam said.
I could hear Mitchell echo the last words as I closed the door. I waved as they drove off, excited to see them tomorrow. I could hardly wait, it seemed I had more fun everytime I saw them.
When I opened the door, the house was empty. And Rick and Mary weren't supposed to be home for awhile. So since I'd eaten already, I decided to take a nice relaxing bath and then get cozy in my blankets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so a few things on this chapter :) 1. I've never been to a Nandos :| so sorry if it's like, really inaccurate xD 2. Sorry it's so short o__o it seemed longer before xD Promise I'll make up for it :D

Also, dont expect another update really soon, cuz I have a few more chapters written, but I dont wanna post them all and than the people who read this would have to wait for me to write more chapters, and updates would come a lot slower.