Status: On Hiatus

This Is Bonkers

Minigolf, etc.

I groaned when the alarm on my phone went off. I had only set it for 10am, so it wasnt too much earlier than when I normally woke up on weekends, but I had wanted to sleep in.
Forcing myself out of bed, I headed downstairs for a towel.
"Good Morning, Hannah." Mary said. She was sitting on the small couch, once again on her laptop. Rick had gone to work, and so was absent.
"Good morning, Mary." I said, already feeling a little more awake.
"Still going to minigolf?" She asked as I opened the downstairs bathroom closet to grab a towel.
"Sure am. I gotta shower and have breakfast first though." I said, closing the closet door and rubbing my eye.
I headed back upstairs to my bathroom and took a twenty minute shower. I decided to straighten my hair, but only did it quickly, not wanting pinstraight and very flat hair. Applying my makeup took very little time, and I went to get dressed.
Today it had decided to be sunny for a change in town. So, wanting to take advantage of the sun we rarely got, I wore my little jean short shorts with my flowy off-shoulder, pink Love shirt. Hoping it'd be hot, I didnt bother to choose a jumper of some sort to bring. I went downstairs again, and grabbed my gray LovePastry trainers with the straps. I put them on, despite it only being about 10:45am.
"Since you'll probably eat junkfood later, try to have something a little healthy for," she paused. "breakfast." She said, using air-quotes around the word.
"Hey, it's still early enough to be breakfast." I said. "But I'm not gunna eat breakfast anyway. I dont like breakfast foods around this time of day. Unless you wanna make me pancakes?" I said hopefully.
"American pancakes? Or like, crepes?" Mary asked, closing her laptop and putting it on the couch arm. There were still some things I said that she had to make sure about.
"Like crepes." I smiled, sitting on the bar stool at the kitchen counter.
"Alright, I'll make you some pancakes." She said, walking into the kitchen and beginning to get the ingredients out.
While she began to mix the ingredients, I went to get out my favourite things to put on pancakes. I grabbed the lemon juice from the fridge, and the confectioners sugar from the baking cupboard.
I sat happily at the counter again while Mary put a few pancakes onto a plate. Realizing I had no cutlery, I went to the drawer and got myself a fork and a knife, and a spoon to scoop the sugar. Thankful for Mary's kindness, I began to put my toppings on the pancakes and happily eat them. There would definitely be extras, but I'm sure we could eat them later or something. Being a hungry person in the morning, I ate about five pancakes before admitting to being stuffed.
"Thankyou so much, Mary!" I said as I took my plate and cutlery to the sink and rinsed them quickly. I put the lemon juice and sugar away again, since I was the one to take them out.
Checking the time on my phone, despite the fact I was surrouned by a few other clocks, I noticed it was only about 11:30. I probably had about ten minutes or so before I wanted to go, since I wanted to be there before the boys, but I didnt want to be there really early.
Deciding I was an impatient person, I asked Mary if we could go now anyway.
"Mary, I'm impatient. Can we go now and you can just drive a little slower?" I asked.
"Sure, honey. Have you got everything?" She said, grabbing her purse and car keys.
"Uhm, phone, money," I said, putting a hand on each pocket as I checked. "I'm wearing clothes," I joked. "And I've got myself, so I'm good to go." I opened the front door and headed out to Mary's little car.
"You're not bringing a jacket or something?" She asked, closing the door behind her.
"It's sunny Mary. I'm taking advantage of it." I said, hopping into the car on the driver's side.
"Alright." She said, getting into the car and starting it.
She drove me quickly and quietly, turning on the radio to a random station. I got to the minigolf place around 11:55, just early enough to be there before the boys.
I waited out front, not wanting to go in alone. It seemed most people here were parents and young children, and we'd be the only teens here. Well, Sam technically isnt a teen, but he still acted like one.
It wasnt long before Sam's car pulled up and parked. They got out of the car and I waved like a crazy person, making sure they knew I was here.
"Morning Sam. Morning Mitch." I said when they werent too far from me.
"Morning Haz." They said, almost perfectly in sync.
Today, they wore normal clothes. Not that they wore anything crazy the last four days I'd seen them. But in the studio they wore clothes to dance in, shorts or joggers and a t-shirt.
Sam was wearing a white long sleeve shirt that was just a little too big for him in the sleeves, a pair of light denim jeans, some red and black trainers, a black outerwear vest and a red hat, which sat back and slightly to the side on his head.
Mitchell wore a plain white t-shirt, with a grey collared button up shirt overtop although it was unbuttoned, the sleeves half rolled and half pushed up to his elbows. He wore dark denim jeans, which fit a little tighter than Sam's did, a pair of black trainers, and a black hat backwards on his head.
It was the first time I'd seen them in everyday clothes in person, and they looked good. They looked like they were prepared for it to be a bit colder though, and I hoped it stayed warm since I hadnt brought a jumper or anything.
"Ready for mini golfing?" I asked, heading inside to wear you paid.
The building, which I guess might be called a clubhouse, was the centre of the minigolf place. It had vending machines, an icecream bar, regular junk food, a small giftshop, and the counter where you paid and got your club.
We stood at the counter patiently, waiting for the busy lady who worked here.
"Oh, sorry about that." She said when she got off the phone. "Alright, you guys doing some miniputt?" She asked.
"Yep!" I smiled happily, excited for today.
"Alright, so ten pounds each." She said as we each stuck our money onto the counter. She handed us a putter each. "And what colour?" She asked, gesturing towards a rack full of different colour golf balls.
"Red." Sam said. She handed him a ball and looked at Mitch next.
"Blue." He said. Again, she handed him a ball and expectantly looked at me.
I noticed Sam had done red, and Mitch had done blue, and there were purple golf balls. Red and blue make purple, which is also my favourite colour. So that's the one I chose.
"Purple please." I smiled.
"Alright, score cards?" She asked.
"Can we not keep score?" I asked, glancing back and forth between the boys.
"Why not?" Sam asked.
"'Cuz I'm really terrible at mini golf." I laughed.
"Tuh. Alright, I dont wanna write it all down anyway." Sam said.
I glanced at Mitchell to see if he cared, he didnt say anything, so I assumed he was fine with it.
"No thanks." I said to the lady.
"Alright, have fun." She said as we walked through the back door to get outside again.
"Thankyou!" I called back.
There were two courses, and something that I wasnt sure what it was in the middle. Each course was eighteen holes. The place wasnt very busy, a few parents with young children around and just us. It was nice though, since it meant we wouldnt have to rush because there was someone behind us, or wait very long for someone in front of us.
"Which course first?" I asked, stepping in front of the boys and turning to face them.
"Does it matter?" Mitchell asked.
"Not really," I said. "But we've gotta choose one."
"This one!" Sam declared, heading for the course closer to us.
"Alright!" I said, Mitchell and I tagging along.
"Who's going first?" Sam asked.
"Oldest to youngest?" I asked, offering a simple solution.
"Alright, so that's me first." Sam said, putting his ball down onto the little mat and getting ready to putt.
This particular hole looked fairly simple. It was flat and straight most of the way, until it was about a foot away from the actual hole, where it had a slow rise a few inches high.
"It's par two." I said, looking at the sign that indicated which hole this was and what par it was.
"I thought we werent keeping score?" Sam said, hitting the ball.
"We're not, but it's still fun to try an' get under par." I smiled, watching Sam's golfball go up and over the rised part, going past the hole and stopping about eight inches from it.
"Mitch can go now," Sam said, walking up the green to where his ball was. "That way we can see who gets the ball in first."
Mitchell gave a small nod and stepped onto the mat, placing his ball into the middle of it. He swung carefully, trying to get the right distance and power. The blue ball rolled past the hole, and landed opposite Sam's.
"Oh jeeze, my turn then." I said, stepping up to the mat while Mitch went to his ball.
I tried to make sure I didnt hit it hard enough to go into the water that surrounded most of this course, especially since it looked rather bottomless, and I'd have to get a new ball. But I also tried to hit it hard enough that it would make it to the hole. Hoping I had the right amount of power, I swung.
I watched my ball go, quickly at first until it reached the rise, where it slowed down. It creeped inch by inch, before it went into the hole with a satisfying plunk.
I only blinked, my mouth open a little in shock.
"Jeeze, I thought you said you werent good at mini golf." Sam said, as I walked up to get my ball from the hole.
"I'm not," I said, leaning over to pick up the ball. "Beginner's luck?" I asked, standing back up.
"Pfft. Sure, Haz. Dont worry, I'll beat you." Sam said, putting his ball straight into the hole.
"And I'll beat you." Mitch said to Sam, hitting his ball into the hole just as easily.
"I guarantee you that by the end of this, I'll get atleast one ball in the water." I said, swinging my putter up onto my shoulder as we walked the small distance to the next hole.
The second hole was par three. It was kind of shaped like a comma, with a plastic triangle shape about half way which the ball was supposed to bounce off of and go towards the hole. Or, if you suck at mini golf like me, it would probably go behind the triangle, and end up far from the hole.
"Alright, time for me to prove who's boss." Sam said, placing his ball on the mat carefully. He didnt take long to determine exactly how to hit the ball, he hit it simply with just enough power to get the ball to hit the triangle and bounce off, only a few inches from the hole. He flashed a smile to me, and a challenging glance to Mitch, before heading to where his ball now sat.
"Bet you I can get a hole in one." Mitchell said to me, quiet enough Sam wouldnt be able to hear it. He set his ball on the mat, and hit it without much hesitation. He leaned on his putter with a cocky smile on his face, watching the ball as it bounced off the plastic triangle and went straight into the hole. "Told you." he smiled, walking up to get his ball out of the hole, and brag to Sam.
I took the chance where neither of them were looking, too busy bickering, to hit the ball. It bounced off the triangle, luckily, and rolled past the hole, hitting the triangle behind it before rolling to a stop only a couple inches from the hole.
"Damn it! That totally should've went in." I sighed, walking over to the boys and my ball.
"You can still beat Sam, dont worry about it." Mitchell said, once again leaning on the small putter.
"No she cant." Sam smiled, ready to putt. His ball was a little farther from the hole than mine was, but it went in simply.
I sighed as Sam took his ball out of the hole, getting ready to putt. Knowing the ball was super close to the hole, I made sure to hit it lightly, not wanting it to go right over the hole. Seems I hit it with just the right amount of power, since it went in with a plunk.
"We tied on this hole then." I said, taking my ball out of the hole with a satisfied smile.
"Suddenly I wish I'd taken the score card, so I could prove it when I beat both of you." Sam said.
"Jeeze, if you're gunna get competitive, so will I!" I said, as I was a pretty competitive person. "And I will be the one to beat your asses." I said, not bothering to try and censor myself at all. Both boys looked a little surprised to what I'd said, but I only smiled.
"Good luck." Mitchell smiled challengingly.
"Wait!" I said, dropping my club. "I need a cola. Dont move, I dont need you boys cheating. And watch my putter and ball!" I said, tossing my golf ball towards an unexpecting Sam, who still managed to catch it.
They gave me odd looks as I ran back past the first hole and to the nearest pop can vending machine. I paid quickly and punched the button for a can of coke, keeping an eye on the boys who hadnt moved from where I'd left them, Sam idly throwing and catching my golf ball.
The can hit the bottom of the vending machine with a thunk, startling me a little as I wasnt paying attention. I bent down and stuck my arm into the machine to reach the can, happily pulling it out of the machine. I didnt open it right away, since it'd probably explode all over me. Instead I jogged back over to the boys.
"Cola achieved." I smiled. They gave me a look, despite being unable to keep the smile off their own faces. "I'll take that." I said, grabbing my purple golf ball from Sam and picking up my putter. Somehow managing to carry it all and my cola.
"Alright, next hole then." Sam said, leading the way across a small bridge to the next hole.
The hole was par three like the last one, but it was a little more complicated. There was a green on an uphill slant, with an empty area at the back, with just a small metal ramp at the top. The actual hole of the green was down below and to the right. You had to hit the ball through the empty area or metal ramp to get it down to the hole. If you hit it to the metal ramp, your ball would come out of a little hole on the second half of the green, directly in front of the hole. If your ball went through the empty area, it'd come out of another hole further to the left. So the idea was to hit it up the ramp.
I sat on the ground and opened my cola, taking a large sip of it since I was thirsty. Sam putted, his ball going through the empty area, before walking down to the second half of the green. Mitch putted, the ball going up the silver ramp.
"Hold this, will you?" I asked Mitch before he went down to Sam. I held my cola out towards him until he took it before walking down to Sam.
I paid careful attention to my putt, hoping it'd go up the little ramp. Swinging carefully, I watched the ball go up the ramp with a smile. I walked down towards the boys, noticing Mitch sipping my cola.
"Jeeze, dont drink that." I said, taking it back from him.
"You never said I couldnt." he said cheekily. Sighing, I realized he was right. I took a sip of it myself, noticing it was a lot emptier than before, and watched the boys putt.
We made it through the entire first course, eventually losing track of who was winning. I made it through with out hitting my ball into the water, although I probably would if we did the second course.
Currently we were sitting at one of the tables inbetween the two courses, we each had a drink of some sort, I had bought another cola since Mitchell had drinken most of my last one, and there was a bag of crisps in the middle of the table that we were all kinda sharing.
I was staring at the area in front of us that I'd noticed when we first got onto the course. I was still unsure of what it was, and highly curious.
"I'm gunna go see what that is, be right back." I said, getting out of my chair. I made sure to bring my cola with me, just incase one of the boys tried to drink it.
When I walked closer to the area, I saw a sign. The sign read "Bumper Boats". I got excited, having done bumper boats before in Canada, and hoped these were the same thing. When I got closer, it appeared they were. I ran back to the boys, excitement on my face.
"It's bumper boats!" I said excitedly. They looked at me, obviously having no idea of what I meant. "They're like, uhm." I muttered, trying to figure out how to explain them. "There's like, giant inner tubes, which act as the bumper, and you sit on a little thingy on top of those, and you can bump into eachothers boats. And there's a motor so you can steer easier. And the best part. There's a little thingy on the bottom of the boat, that sucks up the water youre in, and if you press the other button on the steering wheel thing, it squirts the water at whoever you aim at! Theyre so fun! And no extra charge!"
"So I guess you wanna do it?" Sam asked, sipping his soda.
"Well, I'd like to, but you guys're wearing jeans. And wet jeans are the most uncomfortable things ever." I said, the voice of experience.
"Well, we'll just have to soak you extra bad to make up for that then." Sam said.
"Really? You're up for it?" I asked. He nodded, a smile on his face. "Mitchell?" I asked, looking at him expectantly.
"Why not. Gives me something else to beat you two at." He said.
"Awesome! I love you guys." I said, sitting back down so I could finish my coke. "Lemme finish my cola and we can check it out." It didnt take long for me to finish my cola, excited for the bumper boats. "Let's go!" I said, jumping up from the chairs and running towards the bumper boats, leaving the boys behind me.
"Excuse me." I said to the lady who worked there as the boys caught up to me. "We'd like to do bumper boats."
"Just the three of you?" I nodded. "Well alright, but you'll have to wait for these kids, theyre almost done."
I laughed while watching the younger kids currently on the boats screaming and laughing. I knew I would be way more soaked than these kids by the end of it, since Sam and Mitch would definitely be out to get me. I hadnt brought a change of clothes or anything, but I could manage being cold and wet, since it'd be really fun.
I jumped a little when the lady rang a loud set of bells, apparently the signal that you're time bumperboating was over as the little kids all steered back to the 'docks' as best as they could. The lady grabbed each boat one by one, hooking each one to two ropes before letting the little kids out. The process was fairly quick, and soon it was our turn.
"Wait." I said, taking my phone and money out of my pocket. I put it on the ground. "Put your vest thingy on top of my money and phone, hmm?" I said to Sam.
Sam took off his vest and hat, putting them on top of my phone. And Mitch took off his hat and his button up shirt, also throwing them on the pile of our belongings.
"Let's go!" I said, running up to choose my boat.
I chose the boat with the purple and white bumper, while the other boys stood next to their own boats. The lady helped us into our boats, unclipping the ropes and giving us a starting push.
Soon we were all racing around and spraying eachother. The water was very cold, and I screamed a couple of times when it first hit me, as I hadnt expected it. The boys didnt gang up on me as much as expected, apparently highly competitive since they were brothers. I think we were in there for about ten minutes, when the loud bells rang. We all stopped spraying as we were supposed to, and steered back to the 'docks' so we could get out. The lady clipped the ropes and let us go. We picked up our stuff and walked back to the table we'd been at.
"Jeeze. You guys seriously got me soaked." I mumbled, my once loose shirt now clinging to my body, and my once straight hair now incredibly curly. "I'm cold." I mumbled.
"And you didnt bring a jumper did you?" Sam asked. I shook my head, sitting in my chair with my arms around myself. "Well I'd offer you this," Sam said, pointing to the vest he put on the table. "But it wouldnt help much." As he said this, I tried not to notice that his white shirt had gotten so soaked it was mostly see-through. Instead, I tried to focus on his face.
"Take this." Mitch said, handing me his button up. His shirt too, was a little see-through, and suddenly I was glad I hadnt worn white.
"I'll get it all wet." I said.
"Take off your shirt."
I blinked before laughing at Mitchell's bluntness.
"You sure?" I asked, picking up the shirt and standing up.
"Well I dont want you to freeze to death." He said, a small smile playing on the corners of his lips.
"Alright, alright." I said, heading for the nearby washroom.
I opened the door and stepped in, closing it and locking it. I looked in the mirror at my hair and laughed. It was probably the curliest I'd ever seen it, but it didnt look all that bad. I took my soaked shirt off quickly, putting it on the counter. I pulled Mitch's shirt on, noticing it was a bit big in the shoulders, and buttoned it almost all the way up, leaving a button open. I noticed that the shirt smelled good; it smelled like Mitchell and his cologne when I had hugged him yesterday.
I looked silly, but kind of cute in the slightly over-sized shirt. I pulled my iPhone out of my pockets and took a mirror picture, noticing that I'd come pretty accustomed to them in the past four days.
I quickly got as much water as I could out of my shirt, and walked back out to the boys, still at the table.
"So are we just gunna sit for awhile?" I asked, plopping my shirt onto the table.
"Sure." Sam said, snickering a little at how I looked in Mitchell's shirt.
"Then I need another cola." I said, standing back up out of my chair to go to the vending machine. I got another can of coke, my third that day, and sat back at the table.
"You drink a lot of coke." Sam said.
"I didnt notice." I joked.
The boys looked a little uncomfortable in their wet clothes, especially the wet jeans. They're shirts probably werent that annoying, except for the fact that they were drying slowly and were still see-through. Their hats were back on their heads by now, although both of them sat their hats slightly back on their head so the rim stuck up.
Having a phone in my pocket when my shorts were so short was already uncomfortable, and sitting down made it stab me in the hip bone. So I took my phone out of my pocket, checked for any missed texts and the time, and put it on the table.
"You can take it if you want." I said to Sam, knowing he'd probaby take my phone at some point.
"What time is it?" Sam asked, clicking the home button on my phone from across the table.
"'Bout one thirty." I said, stretching out my legs and leaning back in my chair, my can of coke in my right hand. I picked up the money I'd left on the table in hopes of keeping it dry, and put it in the pocket on the chest of Mitchell's shirt.
"I'm bored." Mitch said bluntly. He looked tired, and I wondered if he'd slept badly the night before.
"Me too." I smiled. "But I dont wanna do the other course, and I dont wanna go home either."
"So, what're we doing then?" Sam asked, playing with the rubbery case on my phone.
"I dunno." I smiled, putting my right ankle onto my left knee. "You got any ideas?"
"There's not a lot to do around here, I didnt even know this was here." Sam said.
"We could just bum around the mall, hit Nandos when we get hungry." I suggested.
"Sounds good to me, Mitch?" Sam said.
"Doesnt matter to me." Mitchell said simply.
"We'll drive you," Sam said. "If you dont mind if we stop by our house and change." he said, grabbing at his uncomfortably wet jeans. "We can stop by yours too."
"I'm fine," I smiled, standing from the table and throwing my empty can into a recycling bin. My shorts were pretty much dry."if you dont mind lending me something other than this shirt. No offence, Mitch. I just look pretty terrible in it." I laughed.
The boys stood up too and I grabbed my shirt before we walked back through the clubhouse. Some staff politely said bye as we walked out the front door to the parking lot. Sam unlocked his car and we got in, me behind the drivers seat as usual. The drive to their house was quick, as apparently they lived close by.
"This is our house." Sam said, opening his door and stepping out.
I stepped out too, so I could give Mitch his shirt back and hopefully borrow something else as my shirt was drying really slowly.
Sam opened the door, and Mitch stepped in. Sam beckoned me in as well. I stepped in a little slowly, unsure if I should be in their house.
"Boys is that you?" Called a motherly voice from where I assumed was the kitchen.
"Yes, mum." Sam called back. He and Mitch kicked off their shoes, so I kicked mine off too, leaving them close to Sam's. "C'mon." he said, beckoning me towards where the voice had come from.
We stepped into the kitchen to see a short and slightly pudgey woman washing the dishes. She had a cute black bob haircut, and glasses. I decided she was very cute, and looked super nice. She turned towards us.
"Boys, what happened? You're soaked. Oh." She said, evidently surprised to see me. "Hello."
"Hi." I smiled a little shyly.
"Mum, this is Hannah." Sam introduced. "Haz, this is our mum, Jenny."
"Nice to meet you." I said.
"Lovely to meet you too." She smiled. Her smile was so nice, you could definitely see it in her eyes. "But that doesnt explain how you got soaked. What, did you fall in the pond?"
"No." Sam laughed. "We did bumper boats. And as if having Mitch against me isnt bad enough," he said, glaring at his brother. "She is fiesty." He said, pointing to me.
"Mum!" called another voice, belonging to a girl.
A girl about my height who looked to be a few years younger stepped into the kitchen. She looked a lot like her mum, although her hair was quite a bit longer, probably reaching the middle of her back. When she saw me she stopped, probably a little confused.
"Uh, hi. I'm Hannah." I said, taking the chance to introduce myself.
"I'm Ellie." She said a little slowly, still confused.
"Haz, that's Ellie. Our little sister." Sam said, confirming my suspicions.
"I dont know why I didnt know you had a little sister." I said. "But it's very nice to meet you, Ellie."
"You too."
"C'mon. Ellie, you should know who Hannah is. I brought her down to the studio on Wednesday, we've been hanging out everday since. We went minigolfing today."
Suddenly Ellie clued in.
"Why are you guys soaked? And is that Mitch's shirt?" She asked, looking to me for the second question.
"We did bumper boats," I said. "We all got soaked. I was freezing, and Mitchell offered me his shirt." I said a little awkwardly.
"If you dont mind, I'd like to be not soaked. So I'm changing." Mitch said, heading towards where I assumed his bedroom must be.
"C'mon Haz." Sam said, walking after Mitch.
I followed them while Ellie talked to her mum, probably for whatever reason she'd originally gone into the kitchen. I imagined they were probably talking about me too, but that was to be expected.
They led me into a room large enough to hold two beds, which it did. The boys apparently roomed together, and theyre room was surprisingly clean and tidy considering that. They began to pull clothing out of their wardrobes, probably itching -- literally -- to get out of their wet clothes.
"Is it okay if I borrow something other than this?" I asked, pointing to the button up I was wearing. "My shirts still soaked." I said, holding up the very wet shirt in my hands.
"You should probably borrow something of Mitchell's, it'd fit you better." Sam said, taking his shirt off.
It was a little odd to see him just take his shirt off in front of me, but not a big deal. He was probably shirtless in the dance studio all the time. I just hadnt had the opportunity to see him shirtless yet. Not in person atleast. His body was nice. He had abs, although they werent as intense as Mitchell's, and a nice tattoo covering most of his right hip. I tried not to stare, but it was hard. Luckily Mitch took my attention from Sam and gave it to himself.
"What do you wanna borrow?" He asked. He'd already changed his shirt while I wasnt paying attention, although he was still stuck in his wet jeans.
"A nice jumper, maybe?" I asked, not entirely sure.
Mitchell rummaged through his drawers a little, pulling out a dark gray crewneck jumper. It was simple, and therefore perfect.
"Will this do?" He asked, holding it up.
"It's perfect." I smiled.
He nodded and tossed it to me. I caught it carefully.
"Do I just change here or?" I asked, a little awkward.
"We wont look." Sam said. "Besides, we need to change our trousers, so we can do both at the same time. We wont look at you, and you wont look at us."
"Alright." I said, still a little awkward.
I turned my back to the boys, noticing them do the same. I unbuttoned the shirt quickly, tossing it behind me onto the bed I assumed was Mitchell's. I pulled his jumper over my head, loving how it even smelled like him when clean. It fit loose, tightening a little at the bottom, and the sleeves were too long. But I loved to wear oversized jumpers, especially with shorts.
"Are you decent boys?" I asked, trying not to turn around.
"Yep. You?" Sam asked.
"Yep."
I turned around, as they did the same. They're outfits were pretty similar to what they'd been wearing before.
Sam had light denim jeans, the same hat, and a white t-shirt. He was also pulling on a gray varsity jacket with navy sleeves. I noticed for the first time the bracelets he was wearing on his wrist and wondered if they'd been there the whole day.
Mitchell had dark denim jeans, the same hat, and a white and navy blue striped t-shirt. He was also wearing a bracelet that matched Sam's.
"Do I look stupid?" I asked, looking down at my outfit.
"You look fine." Sam said.
"What do I do with my shirt?" I asked, referring to the wet shirt currently on the floor.
"Leave it here, we'll give it back tomororow. Now we're going to the mall aren't we? Let's go!" Sam said, grabbing my wrist as he ran past me and pulling me along.
We stopped in the kitchen where Jenny still was, Ellie off somewhere else.
"We're going to the mall, we'll probably hit Nandos so dont worry about cooking for us." Sam said, letting go of my wrist.
"Alright, dont come back too late!" Jenny said.
"Alright, bye mum." Sam said. He and Mitch walked towards their front door, and I stayed back for a quick second.
"Bye, nice to meet you!" I said.
"You too, honey." She said back.
I jogged over to the boys, already pulling their trainers on. I pulled mine on too, being careful not to lose my balance.
Sam opened the door and we all went out to the car, sitting where we'd been before.
"How far's the mall from here?" I asked as Sam started the car. I wasnt a hundred percent sure as to where we were.
"Not too far." Sam said, backing out of the driveway.
"How far is 'not too far'?" I asked, probably being annoying.
"'Bout fifteen-twenty minutes."
"Jeeze." I said, pulling the long sleeves of my jumper over my hands as far as I could. "So what do we do to entertain ourselves right now?"
Mitchell snickered a little, probably taking what I'd said dirty. When I thought about it, it sounded a little sexual.
"I dont know, play Temple Run or Angry Birds or something." Sam suggested.
I took my iPhone out of my shorts pocket and clicked the home button. Checking the battery as well as the time, I saw it was about 2:00.
"My iPhone's battery's low. I dont wanna make it worse." I said, stuffing my phone back into my pockets and pulling my sleeve down again. "Whats going on at the studio tomorrow?" I asked.
"Well, soon we'll be rehearsing important stuff. Tomorrow's not important though, and even when it gets to the important stuff, you can still come down. We just wont be able to teach you quite as much. But trust me, even our important rehearsals are pretty laidback and not that busy."
"So I can go down to the studio tomorrow?" I asked, fiddling with my sleeve.
"You better, we're starting combos tomorrow." Sam said, Mitchell giving a short nod to confirm what he said.
"Oh jeeze." I mumbled. "Dont let me die, okay?"
"No, it's okay." Mitchell joked. "Seriously though, you'll be fine."
"I better be." I smiled.
We sat in silence for most of the drive, but it was a perfectly comfortable silence. I dont think anything could happen with these boys that would make me feel uncomfortable.
"We're here." Sam announced.
"Thankyou Captain Obvious." I said, opening the car door and stepping out.
It was a bit colder than earlier, and I was glad for the warm jumper I was wearing, but a little too aware of my bare legs.
"Well, my arms are warm atleast." I laughed as the other boys got out of the car.
"We could've stopped by your house, we were pretty close by." Sam said, leading the way into the mall.
He always seemed to be in front whenever we went somewhere. Unless I excitedly sped ahead, that is.
"Ehh, I can always buy trousers if I need to." I said, happily stepping into the much warmer mall.
"How much money did you bring? We were only going minigolfing." Sam asked.
"Alot more than I needed." I laughed.
"Apparently."
"Hmm, dont fans ever notice you when you're out?" I asked, a little curious as to why I hadnt seen any in the past four days. Well, other than myself.
"Depends. Sometimes we see none, and sometimes we get mobbed."
I laughed at the irony when a girl a little younger than me wearing a Diversity t-shirt excitedly ran towards us.
"Oh My Gosh! Sam and Mitchell!" she said loudly. She wasnt quite yelling, but she was close.
"Hi." Sam said simply.
Mitchell only nodded, the same way he had when he met me.
"Can I get a picture? Wait! There's no one to take it." She said, pulling out her phone before realizing.
"I can take it." I spoke up.
She looked at me, evidently noticing me for the first time.
"Who're you?" She asked. The question didnt sound rude, but she was definitely curious.
"Just a friend." I said, hoping not to start any rumours or anything.
"You're so lucky!" She squealed. "So will you take the picture then?" She asked, not even fazed by the fact that Sam and Mitchell hadnt necessarily agreed to a photo.
"Of course, if these boys are okay with it." I said, taking the phone she handed me.
"Yeah, alright." Sam said, beckoning the girl a little closer.
She stepped so she was between the two boys, a very wide and excited smile plastered on her face. Sam made the effort to smile, while Mitchell made his 'I'm too cool to smile' face. It was such a classic Mitch face, I was surprised I even had a picture of him actually smiling.
I stepped back a little, just enough to fit them all in the picture.
"Alright! 1, 2, 3!" I said, giving a countdown before clicking the camera button.
"Thankyou so much!" she said, taking the phone I offered her.
I wasnt sure if she was talking to me or to the boys, but I responded anyway.
"No problem." I smiled.
She ran off excitedly, probably to show off the photo to anyone who would listen.
"That was a little awkward." I said.
"Hey, all you had to do was take a photo. We're the ones she's probably stalking." Sam said, resuming walking in whatever direction his feet decided to take him.
"That was kinda mean." I said, giving him a soft punch in the shoulder. "But probably true." I admitted. "What exactly are we doing?" I asked, noticing we were literally walking aimlessly.
"Wasting time." Sam said.
"Well, this is a pretty entertaining way of doing it." I said sarcastically.
"Have you got any ideas on how to waste time then?" Sam asked, looking down at me.
"Nope, but I do think that hat'd look good on me." I said, reaching high enough to pluck his hat off.
I put it on my head, tipping it back the way they did. It was just a little big for me, and fit well enough that it wouldnt fall off or slip out of position.
"Well?" I asked, looking at Sam expectantly.
"I'm not getting that back am I?"
"Nope. Not right now atleast." I smiled. "You might get it back later."
"I better get it back later."
"You have tons of hats. You could always take Mitch's." I said.
"His heads bigger than mine."
"No it's not." Mitch said.
"Play nice, you two." I said skipping ahead a little.
I pulled my phone out to check the time, noticing my own relfection in the black screen before hitting the home button. Sam's hat actually didnt look bad on me.
"It's about two thirty, what're we doing?" I asked again.
"Wasting time." Sam said.
"Well whatre we doing to waste time?"
"Walking."
"You're boring."
"And what do you suggest, Miss Interesting?" Sam said, stopping his steps.
"Uhm, I dont know." I said, making a thinking face. "Let's sit for now." I said, gesturing to the tables just beside us.
"Exciting." Sam joked.
"Pshh. We're not doing anything better." I said, sitting at a nearby table. "And we can people watch this way." I said.
"People watch?"
"Yeah, I like to observe people. I dont know, I'm weird."
"You sure are."
"Yeah? So are you, Samuel." I said, leaning forward and putting my arms on the table.
"You're weirder than I am, Haz." He said, imitating the voice I'd used and the position I'd taken.
"Who says that's a bad thing?" I asked, leaning back into my chair.
"Maybe I did. Got a problem with that?" He joked.
Mitchell only silently watched our banter. His face was serious, but the sparkle in his eye showed his amusement.
I silently looked at Sam, adjusting his hat on my head with a victorious smile.
"Told you this hat'd look better on me." I said.
"Except for the fact that it doesnt." He said, a cheeky smile on his face.
I sighed, deciding to let him win. I glanced over to my side, noticing a vending machine. I stood up, put some money in it, and got myself a can of Coke.
"No comments on how unhealthy I am because of how much Coke I drink." I said, sitting back down and opening the can.
I took a sip and set the can down near the middle of the table. I took my phone out too, checked the time quickly, and set it down next to the can. Before long, my phone was in Sam's hands.
"What're you doing?" I asked.
"An Ask Sam." he said.
"Cant you use your own phone?" I asked, scooting a little closer to see if he really was on Twitter.
"Nope."
He signed me out of my Twitter app, and signed himself in. He sent a quick tweet which simply said "#AskSam". He hit the Connect button where all his mentions would be, questions already flooding in.
"Are we just gunna sit here and answer questions?" I asked.
"Hey, it was your idea to sit." Sam said, typing the answer to a question I didnt see.
"Well obviously we're boring." I sighed. "What about you, Mitch? Got any ideas?"
"Not really." he said, grabbing my can of Coke and taking a sip.
"It was your idea to come to the mall." Sam pointed out.
"You agreed to it!" I said.
I suddenly realized I should probably tell Mary I wasnt at minigolf anymore.
"Can I borrow that?" I asked, realizing it was kinda sad to ask if I could borrow my own phone. "I need to text Mary."
He handed me the phone silently and I took a few quick seconds to update Mary on where I was.
"If she texts back just ignore it, unless it's a question." I said, handing him back the phone.
My phone did vibrate, just seconds after I handed it to Sam, since Mary always texted back quickly.
"Is it a question?" I asked.
"Yep." Sam said. I tried to take my phone from him, but he held it out of my reach. "Dont worry, I can answer this."
I stared over his shoulder, wondering what the question was and how he'd respond.
"When will you be back?" The question said.
"Idk. But I'll have her back before too late.. Sam xx" he texted back.
I sighed, scooting my chair back to where it had been in the beginning, across from Sam and a little closer to Mitchell. I grabbed my can of cola and took a sip, noticing it was close to empty.
"Mitch, you drank most of my cola." I said, despite not really caring.
"I was bored."
"So you drank my cola?" I asked, not entirely understanding his logic.
"Plus you're wearing my jumper, so you can repay me with your Coke."
I had forgotten I was wearing his jumper. Even the scent of his cologne on it had become barely noticable.
"Cant you just be a gentleman and let me wear it without a cost?"
"I could." he said. "But I dont think I want to." He smiled cheekily.
"What time is it, Sam?" I asked.
"About two fourty five."
"And we're gunna walk around the mall until dinner? That's a long time from now." I said, resting my arms on the table in a crossed position.
"We dont have to stay in the mall, we can come back for Nandos. Or even go somewhere else." Sam said, looking up at me.
He held up my phone, and a shutter noise went off.
"Did you just take a picture of me?" I asked.
"You take pictures of me all the time, it's my turn." he said.
"Well okay, back on topic. What are we going to do until dinner?"
"We could go bowling." Sam said.
He had said it in a sort of sarcastic and uninterested way, but I loved the idea.
"I love bowling!" I said. "Where's the nearest alley?"
"'Bout ten minutes from here." Sam said, stretching his arms up above his head.
"Can we go?" I asked.
"I guess." Sam said, standing up from the table.
"Mitch?" I asked, not sure if he'd be up to it.
"Sure."
"Alright!" I said, excitedly jumping up from the table.
We all headed back out the way we'd came, me a few steps ahead since I was excited.
The sliding doors opened when they sensed us, and the cold air hit me.
"Jeeze. What happened to the sun?" I asked, regretting my shorts.
I jogged to Sam's car, getting there first as he unlocked it. I climbed in quickly, hoping to get out of the cold. The boys werent far behind, and soon the car was being started and backed out of the parking spot.
"I just want to let you know, I'm really good at bowling." I said.
"Is that a challenge?" Mitchell asked.
"Damn straight it is." I laughed. "I may have sucked at minigolf today, but I rock at bowling."
"Dont count on winning, Haz." Sam said.
"We'll see." I said.
The rest of the car ride was silent, but very quick. The bowling alley was very close to the mall, we probably could have walked. Except that it was cold and I probably wouldn't have wanted to.
"Let's gooooo!" I said, stepping out of the car and running into the alley ahead of the boys.
They got in a little slower than me, as I had wanted to get out of the cold.
"Hello!" I said, stepping up to the counter with the boys. "We'd like to do some bowling."
"Alright, for how long, do you think?"
"'Bout an hour?" I looked at the boy for confirmation.
"Sounds good." Sam said.
"Names?" She asked.
"I'm Sam, that's Mitch, and this is Haz." He said, pointing to each of us in turn.
I smiled a little at the way he'd called me Haz instead of Hannah. It didnt really matter, since she'd probably only need the first letter of our names, but it was still a little funny.
We went through the rest of the process quickly, getting our shoes and paying for the hour.
"Alright, you guys're in alley 7." She said.
I ran ahead a little, the boys jogging to keep up. I guess I'd forgotten how slippery bowling alleys and bowling shoes were as I slipped, falling back. I fell against someone's chest, one of their arms under each of mine. It was pretty much the position of a trust fall.
"Told you that you were clumsy." Sam said, pushing me back up until I was standing.
"Pfft. I meant to do that." I said, despite the heat rising to my cheeks.
"'Course you did."
"Can we just bowl?" I asked.
"Sure, who's first here?" He asked, looking at the little score keeping monitor.
"I'm first." I said, looking at the monitor.
"Well go then, and dont fall." Sam joked, sitting in the little booth near our alley.
"Alright." I said, walking up to pick a ball.
I chose a random one, since it really didnt matter. I put it in my right hand, and took a few steps before swinging and releasing the ball. It rolled down the alley quickly, before hitting the pins and giving me a strike.
"Told you I rock at bowling." I said, walking back over to the boys with a victorious smile.
"You haven't won yet." Sam said, standing up for his turn.
I sat down in the booth next to Mitch and watched Sam critically. He rolled once, hitting most of the pins.
"Dammit!" Sam said, walking over to get another ball.
He rolled again, hitting the few pins he missed and earning himself a spare.
"Mitch's turn!" I said as Sam walked back over.
Sam sat down right beside me as Mitch stood up to take his turn.
"Nice spare." I said, adjusting my hat.
"I'm still gunna beat you."
I could hear the pins fall, and figured they were in our alley since there werent a lot of people here. I looked up to see Mitch had gotten a strike. Giving me a challenging look, he walked back over and sat on the other side of me.
I stood up, ready for my turn again. Grabbing a ball, I waited patiently for the pins to be collected and stood back up. I threw the ball with determination, wanting to beat the boys. I was close to getting all the pins, only missing two on the right hand side. Getting those pins would be hard without getting a gutter ball.
As I walked over to get another ball, Sam adjusted his postion, leaning forward now. Probably interested to see if I could get the pins or not.
I walked back so I was a little ways from the line. I concentrated, and took my steps. Launching the ball, I hoped for the best and watched it roll. It rolled closer and closer to the gutter, and I thought it wouldnt make it. But with a crash the pins fell.
Excited, I jumped, being careful not to slip when I landed.
"Nice spare." Sam winked as I sat between the two boys.
"Just go take your shot, okay?"
He smiled before hopping up into the alley to grab a bowling ball. He rolled the ball and watched it go. Earning himself a strike, I realized beating these two might be harder to beat than expected.
We continued to bowl until about four o'clock, heading to Nandos for an early dinner. I did brag a bit about winning, but didnt like talking about it too much. I like to show-off, I mean, everyone does, but there's a point where I stop.
Nandos was fairly quick and not very interesting. There were more people than last time, but not a lot went on.
And now they were driving me home at about five twenty.
"We're here." Sam said as we arrived outside my house.
"Thankyou boys. So I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, opening the car door and beginning to step out.
"Yep, usual time at the studio." Sam confirmed.
"Alright, see you!" I said, closing the car door.
I walked up the path to my house as the car drove off. I hopped over the first step and onto the porch, the way I usually did. Opening the door, I heard Mary and Rick welcome me home.
"Hello." They called.
"Hi." I said back simply.
I walked into the living room and sat on the regular sized couch that no one used. Mary stared at me for a few seconds, while I tried to figure out why.
"Whose jumper and hat?" She finally asked.
"Oh!" I said, understanding why she looked confused. "We did bumperboats at the minigolf place, and got totally soaked. Mitch offered me his button up which I wore for awhile. And then we decided to go the mall, as you know, and we stopped by their house so they could change. And I borrowed Mitch's jumper instead, cuz it's comfier. And this is Sam's hat." I said.
I hadnt even realized I still had Sam's hat until she pointed it out, wonder if he did.
"So where's your shirt?"
"My shirt? They've got it. I'll get it back tomorrow at the studio." I said, fiddling with my sleeve.
"Alright." Mary sighed. "That was him that texted me back eariler too, huh?"
"Yep. He had my phone cuz he always does." I said simply, not really bothering to explain it.
"Have you got it now?" Rick asked.
"Yes." I said, pulling it out of my shorts pocket. "I'm going upstairs, alright?"
"Already, have a good night honey." Mary said, even though it was only about five thirty.
I ran upstairs and into my bedroom. I threw my phone onto my bed and took of my shoes, leaving them at the end of my bed. I changed out of my still just barely damp shorts and into some pajama shorts and sat in my bed.
Even though I already had a picture on my phone of me in Sam's hat, I decided to have a bit of a photo session. I hadnt updated my profile picture on Facebook or Twitter in quite awhile and decided I needed a new one. Having one in Mitch's jumper and Sam's hat just made it even better.
I spent quite awhile on my laptop. Some of it being a camera whore, some of it on Facebook, a lot of it on Youtube, and some time updating my display pictures.
I changed my Twitter picture to my favourite photo of me in Sam's hat and Mitch's jumper. I had the sleeve pulled as far over my hand as it would go, which was only about half way, and put my hand into a loose fist and over my mouth. I raised my eyebrows just a little for a cute effect and opened my eyes just a little wider.
"@Sam_Craske Like my DP? ;)" I tweeted to him.
I also went to change my Facebook picture, as it hadnt been updated in a few months.
Finally it was beginning to get late, and so I decided it was time to try to sleep. It was about nine thirty already, and I'd probably be up until midnight anyway, so it didnt really matter when I tried to sleep, but it was worth a shot.
I ended up falling asleep in Mitchell's jumper, loving how comfy it was and how good it smelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo! Not a whole lot to say about this chapter, other than it's really bloody long. It actually couldve been so much longer, but I tried to shorten it xD

There are parts of this chapter I like, and parts I dont lol

If you've got questions, you can ask me on here or my Twitter @SoCallMeSarah :)