Status: Active (Updating almost everyday)

Trying Not to Love You

The talk

Kayla's Pov

My eyes fluttered open, still drowsy for the pain medicine I was given earlier. I had horrible cotton mouth the type where it felt breathing made it worse. I tried to sit up to see if there was water on the tray but failed miserably due to the pain in my ribs

"You do know that's what call buttons are for, you don't need to injure yourself much more" A voice spoke up from the corner of the room causing me to jump.

"Sorry Kayla, I didn't mean to scare you, but seriously hit the call button next time. I know your stubborn as hell and want to do things on your own but right now let everyone help you" Papa Gates says pulling up a chair next to my bed.

"How long have you been here?" I ask wincing as I tried to get comfortable.

"For awhile, I was tempted to take pictures of you asleep and drooling and send it to the guys, but i decided to be nice.. for now. I did however, send everyone a group text to let them know you are awake again" He replies softly smiling at me.

"Where is everyone anyway? I have only seen you and mom and dad. Wait the kids are your house and you are here?"I asked with raised eyebrows.

"They are off running errands but you'll see everyone soon. Yes Jackson and Brianna are at my house with Suzy and Mckenna. You really think i would leave them at the house alone? pfffts" He scoffs causing me to roll my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell us about Jason?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.

"It wasn't that easy Papa, he held the kids over my head" I reply softly

If you really think you are going to walk away with MY kids you better guess again, I have "friends" who will make sure you don't" Jason sneered trapping me between him and wall.

It was the same threat he threw at me over and over again, knowing I wouldn't leave without the kids. That's where he had the most power over me. The kids were my life and he knew it.


"I know you were afraid to leave because of the kids, but we all would have made sure you guys were safe.. actually I'd probably be visiting Junior in prison if that would have been the case" He grinned causing me to smile and shake my head.

"I've always pictured Matt in prison he's built like he's made for prison" I joke slightly laughing and instantly regretting it holding my side.

"This is true.. He'd be making all the dudes his bitch free buttholes for all" He hollers causing my eyes to go wide. Didn't help my room door was open and one of the nurses and a patient were walking past. The look on their faces? Priceless.

"I really hope you'll not go back to that douchebag Kayla, you and the kids deserve so much better" He says Looking at me sincerely.

Sighing I look up at the ceiling. "I know Papa, and I'm not going back to Jason. I've been with him almost 17 years and in all honesty I'm afraid of being alone, but at the same time I technically was seeing how he was gone a lot"

"You won't be alone, you'll have all of us" Causing me to give him the really look "I'm just saying we all will be here for you, besides I heard a certain singer and you two were quite cozy on Junior's couch the other morning" He replies grinning.

"It's not what you think we are just friends"

"A picture says a thousand words like this one on my phone" He grins showing me.

That motherfucker.. He's so dead...

"What about it?" I mutter

"You cannot tell me you didn't enjoy cuddling with Urie. I may be old but i'm not dumb Kayla" causing me to snicker which in turn got me a stern look.

"Yes i did enjoy it, I won't lie. Jason and I haven't actually cuddled in years and when he tried to he was drunk and I hated it. I just don't want to be his rebound since him and Sarah and him split."

"You are not a rebound, Brendon loves you he always has. It didn't work when he went to Vegas and you stayed here. By the time he moved back, you both were with someone but like fate there may be another chance with you two"

Only issue with that, I'm in love with Brian too.

Brendon pov

"Shit we forgot to get another truck to haul this shit off to the dump" Matt realized looking around.

"Fuck no let's burn this shit!! Huge Bonfire it will be epic!!" Jimmy exclaimed.

"No Jimbo, we don't need to burn this shack down as tempting as it sounds" Zacky replies shaking his head.

"But i'd bring marshmallows" Jimmy pouts giving everyone the lip causing us all to chuckle.

"So we have most of their stuff in the trucks but let's make sure we haven't missed anything, I'd hate to see any of them lose anything of sentimental value" Brian says looking around.

I walk back into Kayla's room picking up a few more things of hers when I notice a book sticking out from under the bed. Reaching down to retrieve it I realize it's a photo album. Opening the album I smiled. It was pictures of all of us when we were younger. One picture that had gotten my attention the most was our trip to big bear. I was surprised all of our parents let us go by ourselves, but we never got into trouble... Well that they didn't know of. That trip was memorable it was the first time I told Kayla I loved her.

"Having a lovely trip down memory lane?" Zacky asks breaking me from my thoughts.

"Great trip Z" I smile closing the album and walking out of the bedroom to the living room.

"I found this. I know she would hate to lose it" I hand Brian the album to put into the box.

"Kitchen is cleared, nothing to really take " Matt Berry states walking into the room.

"What about the highchair?" Jason Berry asks pointing in the closet

"Dude Brianna is 5 not 2 you dumbass" Johnny says giving him a special look.

"Throw it in the pile to haul off to the dump JB" Brian states rolling his eyes.

"I think we are about done, I say go through the house once more making sure we don't forget anything before Matt and Jason leave" Matt says bringing Brianna's toys to put in the box.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE??
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder who that could be? I'm going to eventually go back and edit some of the chapters, if you happen to see any errors let me know. :)