Status: Active (Updating almost everyday)

Trying Not to Love You

I'm not going to talk to him again.

Brians pov

"She hasn't moved from that spot since we got here this morning" Matt whispered

"I know she hasn't spoken one word since we left the hospital" Sighing as i watch Kayla sitting on the window bench at her parents house holding her dads shirt. The house was filled with all of us and our parents being here for Kayla and Judy.

"Did i just see your dad pass Judy a lit joint?" Johnny asks mouth gaped open

"You seriously didn't know?"

"If i knew would I be asking?"

"I don't know with you anything is possible"

"Fuck you"

"Well I don't know about all of you but i'm going to go partake in this joint sharing" Jimmy states walking off to sit by Judy wrapping his arm around her.

I felt a tug on my shirt. Looking down starring into big blue eyes of my god daughter Brianna. It was heartbreaking having to tell her and Jackson their grandfather passed away. Brianna and Lee were buddies. She was papa's girl and everyone knew it. Jackson like his mother hasn't really said much to anyone but JB was keeping him occupied with video games which was a good distraction.

"Whats up my purple pumpkin princess?"

"Can I have something to drink I'm thirsty"

Softly smiling and i lead her to the kitchen nodding to the others as i walk past.

"Alright there's milk, juice, water, what will it be my lady?"

"juice please"

I get her cup with juice and start to hand it to her seeing her hands folded looking at her feet.

"Brianna are you okay?"

"Papa's not coming home is he?"

Shit.. what do i say?

softly sighing i kneel down so i am eye level with her.

"You understand what it means when someone dies right?"

"I think so. They go to heaven right?"

"Yes that is correct kiddo"

"I'm not going to ever get to talk to him on the phone again and hear him say hi Brianna"

I pulled the 6 year old close to me as she started to cry hard and for the 2nd time that day my heart broke into a million little pieces. Before i could reply someone else did for me.

"You'll still get to talk to papa but you know what? You may not hear his reply but he'll always be there with you" Michelle softly smiled

"I can talk to him still?"

"Mmhmm anytime you want to talk to him do it, he can hear you"

"I love you papa i hope heaven is nice.. he is probably saying it is"

"See? you already know what he'd say. Anytime you miss him, talk to him."

"Thanks Michelle" She practically jumped in Michelle's arms which thankfully she caught the 6 year old.

"Lets go see about getting you and bubby some grub does that sound good?"

Brianna nodded giggling as the two of them walked off to find Jackson.

"That was heartbreaking" Zacky mumbled walking up beside me

"Tell me about it"

Brendon caught my attention as he was able to get Kayla to move to the love seat where the two of them now cuddled with a blanket. Seeing my best friends emotionless face killed me. I can't even begin to understand what is going through her mind right now all i know is her and Judy will not go through this alone..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry such a short chapter life has been crazy lately.. But before i forget i have one small little issue. For some reason now when i go to search for a story it shows stories that were made 10 years ago. It's driving me insane i have no idea how the hell to fix it. So if anyone knows how i can fix it.. please let me know!!

Special shout out to shortygirl and AJ9 thank you again for the sweet comments. I always look forward to your input and comments makes my day.