Status: Active (Updating almost everyday)

Trying Not to Love You

The safe place

Brian's point of view

Brendon and I were sitting in the living room drinking beers and chatting about the game on the tv when my phone rang looking down at my phone to see who was calling.

"Damn it's Kayla must miss us already" I smiled as Brendon shook his head chuckling

"Tell her i miss her too" Brendon said grinning. I rolled my eyes answering the phonecall.

"Brian's house of love how may I serve you?" I answer slightly laughing. My smile faded hearing a tearful voice of my god-daughter.

"Uncle Brian!!" cried Brianna

"Sweetie what's wrong? " I ask standing up, receiving a concerned look from Brendon.

"You have to help mommy, daddy is hurting her" she screamed out.

"Where are you in the house?" I ask trying to calm her down.

"I'm hiding in the closet bubby hid me, please come i'm scared' Brianna said continuing to cry.

"You stay there and call 911 I am on my way" I reply hanging up and grabbing my keys.

"What's going on?" Brendon asks standing up.

"That motherfucker is beating Kayla as we speak I'm going to go fuck him up" I growl heading towards the door.

"I'm coming with you, i'm going to kill him!!" Brendon yells following me to the car and getting in.

Kayla's point of view

I awoke to bright lights. The type they say you see when you die. I knew i wasn't in heaven though with the amount of pain i was in.

"She's awake! Lee go get the doctor!!' My mom shouted to my dad as my dad hurried out the door to find the doctor.

"Mama" I rasped out feeling like my throat was on fire.

"You had us so worried, we thought we were going to lose you" My mom replies tearfully.

"Where is Jackson and Brianna? I try asking worried about my kids instead of myself.

"Papa gates and suzy have them they are safe" My mom assures me with a sad smile.

"I see she is finally awake, how are you feeling Kayla" The doctor asks as he entered the room with my dad behind him.

"I don't know i'm hurting so bad," i cry trying to get comfortable.

"Well, you have quite a few injuries, Your ribs are broke and so is your wrist. And your eyes are pretty swollen" He replies standing up by the head of the hospital bed.

"How long have i been out?" I ask wincing in pain.
"Since last night unfortunately, He frowns

"Oh god" I moan.

"We will be keeping you a few more days, i'll go order some pain medicine for you, if you need anything let one of the nurses know" The doctor says lightly patting my arm before leaving the room.

"We let the police station know you are awake and will be coming soon to ask you a few questions" My mom states in which i give a nod to looking up towards the ceiling.

"That worthless piece of shit is going to be spending time in the hospital as soon after i'm done with him" my dad growls.

"Where is Jason?" I softly ask

"In jail where he should be. Thank god Brian and Brendon showed up, i think it would have gotten worse. Luckily Jackson could hear you screaming and he hid Brianna in the closet to keep her safe and she called 911 and Brian" my mom replies.

I let out a sigh of relief thankful my kids weren't harmed. The police came taking a statement from me and informing me Jason's charges and was currently in jail. Because of how bad my injures were, it was required by the state to press charges even if i didn't want to. They handed me their card before they left telling me if had any questions to call them. The nurse came in shortly after the officers left giving me pain medicine which knocked me out.

Brendon's point of view

Time seem to drag on as we all waited in waiting room, it had been hours and none of us wanted to leave, praying Kayla was going to be okay.

"That motherfucker is lucky i wasn't there, He'd be going to the morgue instead of Jail, Matt growled.

"I can't get the image out of my head seeing her when Brendon and I showed up" Brian says sadly.

"It was horrible, it didn't even look like her, thank god Jackson intervened and stopped him before he killed her" I responded shaking my head.

"You said Brianna was the one who called you Brian?" Asked Jimmy.

"Yeah she was absolutely terrified. Jackson hid her in the closet as he stopped Jason, She wouldn't let me put her down the entire time we were there" replied Brian.

I look up to see Kayla's parents walking towards us. Kayla's mom's eyes were puffy and red from crying. Everyone standing up quickly to get the news

"How is she?"Asked Zacky softly.

"She's in stable condition, she has broken ribs and a wrist not to mention all the bruises on her face and body, She won't be able to come home for a few days though, they want to keep a close eye on her in case something is to go wrong." Replies Judy We all let out a sigh of relief knowing she was okay.

"When will we be able to see her?" I ask

"She's resting now, they gave her pain meds for the pain she was in" replies Lee.

None of us wanted to leave yet, so Val, Lacey and Leanna went to go get everyone food and coffee.

"There is something you guys need to know, from what we were told by the officers, This wasn't the first time they had been to Kayla's house. He's been doing this more than any of us realized" States Judy.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!!! Cliffhanger!!! I'm going to try to get a chapter out everyday, Stay tuned!!!