Status: Active (Updating almost everyday)

Trying Not to Love You

The truth

Third person pov

"Wait. The cops have been to Kayla's house other than today??" Johnny asks shocked a long with the rest of the guys.

"Sadly yes, we were told they are there at least once a month, they never arrested Jason because Kayla would cover for him and there wasn't really much they could do but they knew something was going on because of the fear in Kayla's eyes but couldn't prove it," Judy replies sadly.

"Please tell me that fucker is still in jail, otherwise he's going to get antiquated with my baseball bat," Zacky asked seething.

"Yes Jason is in Jail with no bail, the court also ordered a restraining and no contact order so he won't be able to reach Kayla in any way shape or form" Lee replies.

"I know this much the kids and her will not be returning to that house. There is no way in hell i would put her and my grandbabies in danger" Judy states.

"I agree but we would have to find a place for her and the kids" Jimmy says looking at the guys.
Before Judy could reply, someone had already spoke up.

"The kids and her can come stay with Brian and I, our place has plenty of room for the 3 of them and if i'm correct its closer to the Jackson and Brianna's school. " Michelle softly offers looking at Brian who was agreeing with her.

"Are you sure you are okay with this?"Judy asks looking at Brian

"Of course we are okay with it Judy, we all love Kayla and the kids. It would be no problem at all" Brian replies nodding his head.

"Alright well that's settled we just need to need to get Kayla's and the kid's things out of that house, I still have to call her boss and let her know she's not going to be in for a while." States Judy pulling out her cell phone to make some calls but Matt pulls her off to the side away from everyone.

"Let us handle it you have enough going on, you and Lee go home and get some rest. One of us will stay with her tonight and we'll call you if anything happens"Matt says putting an arm around her.

"Thank you, you guys take care of her okay?" Judy says holding back a sob.

"Of course Now go rest" Matt chuckles giving Judy a hug before him and Johnny walk Kayla's parents to their car.

"Kayla and her mom have been through so much, i know the situation with Kayla brought on more stress" Zacky says sadly while everyone else nods and agrees.

Kayla's dad was diagnosed with leukemia last year, luckily he went into remission a month later but sadly the beginning of this year the leukemia came back. he still isn't in remission yet but he's not giving up. It's taken a toll on the kids, Judy and Kayla. the worst feeling in the world is to sit there and watch someone you love battle this awful disease and feeling helpless because you cannot do anything to make it better

Brians pov

"I can't get over the fact she lied, we are her best friends!"Jimmy states sadly.

"You and me both. We could have helped her get away from him" Zacky replies shaking his head.

"She's stubborn that is why. She doesn't like getting help we all know this. "I state.

"Maybe she was scared. Most women in domestic violence situations are scared to leave, especially fearing her family will be in jeopardy" Replies Michelle .

As much as i hate to admit it, Michelle was probably right. The last thing Kayla would ever want to do is put her kids and parents in harms way so she stayed with that piece of shit. He's fucking lucky he's sitting jail otherwise he'd be spending the rest of his life eating through a straw. That's not a threat that is a promise

" I got a hold of Kayla's boss and he said her job will be here when she is ready to go back" Jimmy states sliding his phone in his jean pockets.

"Awesome, we need to rent a u haul and i'll go grab my pickup and meet you guys... shit, we don't have her house keys" I realize.

"Actually I have her keys, i grabbed them before we left Kayla's house"Brendon says speaking up.

"Alright lets go get their stuff" I state heading out the hospital doors with everyone following.

Kayla's house

"Jesus Christ, that fucker let them live like this??" Jimmy stands looking as the rest of us were. The condition Kayla lived in wasn't that great, the furniture including the beds was used seeing how Kayla couldn't afford much, she did keep the house clean but it was in a run down house, how it hadn't fallen apart was a shock.

"You know we should take the important stuff and dump that furniture," Zacky replies shaking his head.

"We could but there is one issue with that, what about their beds? they can't exactly sleep on the floor you know, we would have to buy new beds and all that jazz"Johnny states

"True, well it looks like we get to go shopping" I reply.

"Oh no, you guys aren't going shopping, leave that to us girls."Val states while Michelle, Leanna and Lacey nod in agreement.

"I'm calling the berries they can help get rid of this shit" Matt says taking out his phone.

"It's settled then lets all get to work" I reply starting on this huge mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow all these comments are awesome!! Thank you!!! Special shout out to AJ9 you rock girl!!

Special note: In the story, it explains Kayla's dad has leukemia, well.. My dad actually has leukemia. He was diagnosed last year as i put in the story. We find out this Thursday if he is finally in remission again so keeping my fingers crossed.