Status: Starting this up again!

Blue Lips.

un

“Haven, Haven?” Haven Orlen was woken up to the sounds of his brother, Sparrow, softly calling his name and nudging his shoulder.
“Ugh.” He replied. From what he could remember, at seven in the morning, it was a Monday. Monday meant school. School meant getting out of bed.
“Haven, I know you don’t want to get up but we need to get ready because Oli needs to get to school at eight.” Oli was Sparrow’s long-time boyfriend who lived with the boys. “And I know that you’re such a diva and it takes you practically an hour to do your hair!” Haven was suddenly wide awake at that comment and playfully hit Sparrow with a pillow.
“Shut up, Sparrow! It does not!” Haven allowed his lips to form a small pout.
“Ah, you’re awake!” Sparrow announced, proud of himself. “Shower, clothes, breakfast. Now!”
“Fine.” The younger boy moaned in reply.
Sparrow had left his room, presumably to make breakfast, so Haven got up and walked towards his small bathroom that was joined to his room. It was just him, Sparrow and Oli living in the house as Mr and Mrs Orlen pursued their careers elsewhere, and Haven managed to get the master bedroom that had the ensuite.
After taking his shower he quickly got dressed into a pair of plain black skinny jeans and an old red Drop Dead shirt Sparrow must’ve left in his room. Making his way back to the bathroom he grabbed his towel and quickly dried his hair, some blue dye coming off to stain it. He decided he wouldn’t bother straightening his hair today, he was too tired, and besides, it looked fine as it was. Throwing the towel in the hamper, Haven shoved a notebook, a couple of pens and his iPod into his messenger bag and made his way downstairs finding his brother and his boyfriend, Oliver, making out against the kitchen bench.
“Uh, guys?” Haven cleared his throat.
They ended the kiss with a pop and a quick sleeve across the mouth.
“Hey Haven!” Oliver exclaimed, as if nothing had happened. “Isn’t that Sparrow’s shirt?”
“Hi Oliver, yeah, Sparrow must’ve left it in my room.” Haven replied with small grin, Oliver was a nice guy. Haven had nothing at all against him, it’s just that, well, walking in on your brother making out with somebody wasn’t too great.
“Haven. I made you Fruit Loops.” Sparrow told Haven.
“Right, thanks. Do you guys want any?” He held out a spoonful of Fruit Loops, the milk on the spoon coloured like a rainbow.
Sparrow, being true to his name, swooped down and ate all the colourful cereal of the spoon and licked his lips after. “Yum.”
Haven scooped up the remaining cereal while Oliver and Sparrow talked about the Enter Shikari show which they were going to on Saturday. Oliver suddenly exclaimed, “Ah shit, Spar. I forgot to tell you. Nathan and Christie broke up. So we have 2 spare tickets.”
Sparrow sighed and turned to Haven, who was still busily slurping at the milk left in the bowl, seemingly oblivious to anything that was just discussed.
“Haven?” Sparrow asked gently. Haven quickly turned to Sparrow and Oliver, “is it time to go?”
“Well, yes, but. Nathan and Christie can’t make it to the show on Saturday. Would you like to come? You can bring someone with you.”
Haven thought carefully about who he could bring, “yeah, of course. I’d love to go. I’m not sure who I could bring though. But, yeah, count me in!” Haven smiled and Sparrow and Oliver smothered him with kisses. “Stop! Argh!!” He struggled to get out of their grip. Finally, he stood up, smoothed out his clothes and told them that he would wait in the car.
“We’ll just be a second!” Oliver called after Haven, “that shirt totally looks better on you, by the way!”
Sparrow smacked Oli in the shoulder. “Hey!”
Haven laughed and made his way to the car. He grabbed his schedule out of his bag and quickly checked what he had first period; a double period of Lit. He loved Lit, but it was a Monday morning and he wasn’t sure how well he would hold up with two hours of it.’
“Oh well,” he thought to himself, “perhaps something interesting will happen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I found this story I wrote three years ago on my computer and I thought I could give it a go again c: I hope you guys like!