Status: comment & subscribe please

What God Will Never Design

3

Finally, after one of the most embarrassing and stressful walks of their lives, they made it back to the centre. Leana was more than ready to go home, and so was James, until he spotted the sign that advertised that ice cream was sold in the centre.

He turned around slowly to his wife, a cute smile on his face. “Leana?”

Leana sighed and looked up at him, “What is it James?”

“I need an ice cream” he replied.

“James, you're forty two, you don't need an ice cream” Leana answered moodily, walking towards the car.

James folded his arms, the car keys clutched tightly in his hand. “We're not going anywhere until I've had an ice cream!” James shouted, stomping his foot.

“James” Leana said warningly.

“Leana” he replied mockingly.

Leana threw her hands up in the air in defeat, “Fine, I'll get you an ice cream”, then she turned to the rest of the group, “Does anyone else want one?”

“I'm not a child” Jimmy scoffed, leaning against the hood of the car.

Kaylee sighed, “I just want this disaster to end”

Leana walked into the centre after telling everyone to wait in the car. “I wonder what she would do if we just drove off...” Frankie said thoughtfully.

“We're not fucking driving off, I want my ice cream” James answered, staring at the door of the centre, almost willing Leana to hurry up.

“You should really watch your language in front of Kaylee” Lizze stated.

“Shut up” James said moodily.

Leana came out after a few minutes and walked back over to the car. Once she climbed in, she handed James the ice cream. “Don't you think I should drive if you're eating?”

“Ummm.... no” James laughed, ripping the wrapper off. “I can multi task”

“No you can't” Jimmy mumbled.

James ignored his comment and started the car. The drive started off smoothly, somehow James was managing to eat the ice cream and drive, but then the inside of car started to get warmer, and therefore the ice cream started to melt.

A blob of it dripped on James' hand. He laughed and let go of the wheel, attempting to lick the dessert off himself. The car started to swerve all over the road, veering dangerously close to the edge of the path.

Nearly everyone was screaming; Leana was clutching the seat, Jimmy was holding onto Sully, wide eyed, Lizze was clutching onto Jared, who was looking quite gleeful, Kaylee was clutching onto Frankie's arm. Frankie was just laughing.

“Someone do something!” Kaylee screamed.

James seemed oblivious to the fact that his family, apart from Frankie, was going through emotional trauma. That was until a loud bang sounded. James looked at his ice cream, which was now mostly on the windscreen of the car. He turned around, forgetting he was supposed to be driving and stared at Frankie, who was holding his .38, which was smoking slightly.

Frankie had shot James' ice cream.

Actually shot his ice cream.

Tears filled James' eyes and he started to wail loudly, completely letting go of the steering wheel. The car went completely out of control and slid through a bush and into a nearby river. The car started to quickly fill with water. “Well done” Frankie scoffed, before kicking one of the windows open.

Everyone managed to swim to shore by themselves, apart from James, who Kaylee needed to help. He was still wailing like a baby and refusing to move properly. Kaylee had enough and slapped his father, hard. “Shut up Daddy!” she scolded. James was finally silent, he was too gob-smacked to continue his pathetic crying.

Lizze started to complain about the state of her hair. “I think you still look beautiful” Jared said shyly.

Lizze turned around to him, “Shut up Jared!”
♠ ♠ ♠
You don't understand how much I was laughing when I wrote this chapter
Beth thought of the idea, and we both cried from laughter for about fifteen minutes
Thank you guys for subscribing!
but maybe someone can comment?