157 Days Till Forever Begins

hhh

Back to Square One

Im Yoona

The petite, willowy girl bought the mug to her lips and took a sip of her favorite instant coffee. This was her Fourth cup for the day and it was just lunch.

Yoona bit her lower lip gently as the she recalled what Kai would do if he found out about this. In her mind's eye, Kai would unmercifully yet gently snatch the mug from her and finish it himself, then start to give her a three minute lecture, as usual about her daily coffee intake, and how bad it is for her. Yoona used to dislike it when he does that, in fact, she used to dislike so many things about Kai that she wondered why she even stayed with him for nearly two years.

Maybe it was the coffee lecture, maybe it was the way he wouldn't listen to her babble about her day at work, maybe it was because of the fact that he was always carrying his camera around, maybe it was because their jobs demanded more of them that they just treated each other like a doormat, maybe it was all of those things that lead to their break up.

She didn't knew what happened between them, she could only wish that she did. The spark and love between them was still there, only now, Yoona realized that maybe they both didn't have the energy and willpower to care for each other.

"Why am I even thinking about it now?" Yoona whispered to herself, and before she could find the words to answer her question, her cellphone rang.

It was her best friend, Yuri. For a second there, Yoona was tempted to ignore the call and order another cup of coffee then think in peace, but she knew that she couldn't bury herself in solitary confinement like this. So she took a deep breath, answered the call, and brought the phone to her ear.

"Im Yoona! You are so dead!" Yuri hissed.

"What did I do this time?" She asked innocently. Yoona honestly didn't knew what she did wrong, yet knowing her clumsy self; she must have screwed something up unconsciously.

"Did you forget?" Yuri's voice raised. Yoona could picture her bestfriend frowning at the phone with a deep dent between her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

"Forget what?"

"Ohmygod. You really did forget! Get your ass up and go change! I can't believe you forgot that you need to interview Mr and Mrs. Lee today!"

Yoona's eyes widened. She completely forgot about it. "Oh no! I'll go change now, bye!"

With that, she threw her Phone in her bag and staryed to take her clothes off as if her life depended on it. Yoona opened her closet, took out a short floral dress and a white suit and thin belt then changed into them immediately. She hurriedly put on a pair of beige pumps then dashed out of her house, her sling bag juggling, its contents threatening to spill out.

Yoona flicked her wrist to look at the time on her watch. 2:45. The interview was supposed to start at 3:15 but she had to be there by 3:00 sharp to prepare and set the place.

I can do this. I can make it on time, she murmured to herself hile sprinting towards her office. She was glad that Yuri had the heart to call and remind her, just like what she's been doing for years. Ever since they met each other in their freshmen year in high school, Yuri had helped her numerous amount of times. Being the scatterbrain that she was, Yoona complimented Yuri's organized and strict attitude nicely. Now, they're both twenty four and working for the same magazine company, their friendship remained as tight as ever. Infact, if it wasn't for Yuri and her cunning ways, she would never have landed a spot in this job anyway. Yoona tried to cath her breath then ran again, realizing that she owed Yuri a free dinner for this.

When she finally reached the building of her office, she composed herself and checked her reflection in the glass walls. She still looked the same as she did yers ago, the only things that changed was the length of her hair and her fashion sense. Yoona smiled and the reflection on the mirror followed suit. She ran her fingers through her long, dark brown hair before stepping into the automatic sliding glass doors.

Taking slow breaths, she headed straight to the elevator and to her office. Thank God I don't look like someone who ran a mile.

Im Yoona smiled to herself when she atepped inside her office. It was her second most favorite place in the world, well, the world that she've experienced. She could think here. It was spacious and there was a lovely view of Seoul out of the glass windows. The view was beautiful, specially at night, when the city lights were on, and she was on top, feeling like she could look down on those white and orange man-made stars.

"This place really is beautiful, it's like your own haven, Choding."

"I know, and look at this!" She gently took his hand and towed him towards the glass walls. Yoona looked down to see the sparkle of hundreds of lights that seemed to far away. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yes, you are." Yoona turned her head softly to Kai when she felt how close he was, his breath warm against her pale cheeks.

Yoona's heart nearly did a cartwheel worthy of the olympic gymnastics when she looked at her reflection in Kai's warm, inviting dark eyes. Her pink lips lifted up to an involuntary smile, he always has this effect on her.

"Kiss me." She whispered and he smiled and leaned closer to her, and the moment his lips touched hers, Yoona knew that, in this dark room illuminated by streetlights, with his right arm cupping her cheek and the other around her waist, with his lips on hers and their eyes wide open, looking into each other as if they could see their souls, she knew that this was what she needed. Just us.