‹ Prequel: In Love With A Tomboy
Status: Not yet started; will write when I get the time.

In Love With the New Gurl

In ♥ With the New Gurl: 04

Joey's POV:

The day that that new girl came in was at the end of the week, so the next day was Saturday. And ever since that girl has made her way into this school, my mind's been a mess. We have five out of seven classes together, including lunch. In two of them, Science and Math she sat next to me, whereas in English, she sat in front of me and the last class we had together was Gym.

I needed to get away from that girl and those dangerous eyes of hers.

'God, how does she even live with those things, anyway?' I wondered.

Every time I look up, they're right there, staring right back at me.

I needed out for a few days and I could tell that the guys had noticed it too, so they let me be for the weekend. But, by Sunday, I was getting really bored being all cooped up in my room, so finally around five, I went out.

Instead of heading over to the gang's usual hangout, I skipped over it and walked towards the typical seven-11 corner store. I walked in casually with my head and wondering what I should get. There was a sound of a bell as I opened the door, shouting out my appearance for me.

The very first thing I saw when I came in was a flash of red hair and I felt my breath get caught in my throat. Izzy's face popped up in my head, grinning and laughing at me. She was always doing that; always making fun of me, even in real life. I didn't hate it, but I also didn't enjoy it as much either.

I took a deep breath then and reminded myself of what was right and what was wrong. This girl was someone else; she had silky fire red hair whereas Izzy had a much lighter shade of orange hair with dreadlocks.

I sighed deeply and proceeded to go around the store for something that could interest me. In the end, I just settled for a pack of gum. I held it in my hands as I walked over to the counter, which was piled and littered with books and papers everywhere. The girl hunched in front of it made no notion as to whether she had acknowledged me or not. She simply continued on with a pencil in between her fingers and a pen stuffed in her mouth.

Her face was staring down at her notebook in which as she wrote fast, groaning then as she realized she made a mistake and had to go back and fix it. She erased her work furiously and then switched the pen with the pencil and moved over to a piece of paper mounted on an open History textbook and began writing in her answer, after quickly skimming through the paragraph for it, of course.

I watched her for a few seconds, thinking she would notice me herself, but since she really made no notion to do so, I decided to go and put myself out there for myself. I cleared my throat and she moved her head up a little. She raised a single finger at me then, indicating to give her a minute and I nodded, shifting my weight from one foot to the other, still clutching that pack of gum in my hands.

Her head was up now, so I could see a bit of her features. Her hair was clipped back into a messy bun but there were still some strands of red hair cascading down all along the sides of her face and cheeks, while on the bridge of her nose were a pair of thin framed glasses.

Finally, after a few more seconds, she sighed deeply and let her shoulders droop. She dropped the pen in her hands as well as the pencil in her mouth and looked up fully. But, the weirdest thing was that she was really seemed surprised to see me. It was as if I just poofed up from somewhere instead of actually entering through the front door. The chick's eyes were wide behind her glasses and her mouth open in an 'O' form.

"Crap..." I heard her curse underneath her breath. "Joey."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and squint my eyes to get a better look at her.

"Um, do I know you?" I asked.

All of a sudden then, she begins to repeatedly push down on a silver bell sitting next to her while I just stared back at her weirdly as she did this. I heard a groan coming from the inside of the store then.

"Yo, Ron, what the hell?!" a voice barked back.

I realized then who this was and almost started to back away, but before I could another chick burst in through a door that I did not know was there. She was older with chocolate brown hair and deep forest green eyes.

I could hear the new girl gulp then and look around nervously.

"Uh, uh, customer." she muttered.

"But, Ron, you know I'm on my break now!"

"Oh great," I muttered to myself. "More drama."

"Ron, I really don't see what the big deal is, he's just one guy!" the older chick then turned around to face me and gave me a smile. "Hi."

"Hi." I replied back politely, returning a much smaller one.

"Yes, but, Relina...!" the new girl continued on.

"But what?" the other chick, Relina, crossed her arms across her chest.

"But, I have all this homework to finish! And besides, you're the one that's always saying that I'm constantly scaring away the customers with my freakish evil cat eyes!"

I couldn't help sniggering at that; it was just too true. But, it only caused the new girl to glare off at me, making me stop short.

"Well, Friday was your first day and I'm sure you couldn't possibly have gotten this much homework to do on your first day!"

"Ugh, well, maybe if you'd been through high school like I have, then you'd know just how frickin' hard it really is! And besides, this school is way worse than the first two I've been to. God, these teachers are frickin' strict!"

"Ha, you got that right!" I accidentally cut in.

"Wait, you go to her school?" Relina turned back towards me then and I nodded my head slightly. "You two have any classes together?"

"Oh, forget this! Just help the dude out and leave me the hell alone!" the new girl interrupted.

"No. Ok? No," Relina turned back towards the new girl then. "I am sick and tired of always having to take care of you just because you have your little "issues". You're grown up now, Ron, and you've got to let go of the past! Just forget about him and go back to being your old self already! Just get the fuck over the guy! He never even loved you, he was just using you! He tried to corrupt you! He tried to ruin our rep! Don't you remember that?! Don't you remember what he did to you? He scarred you, ruined your mind, and affected your school work and everything! And yet, you're still all hung over him as if he was like God Almighty himself!"

"Shut up," the new girl said through her teeth. I noticed her hands were clenched into tight fists then. "You don't know shit about him! Nobody does! You're wrong! Everyone's wrong!"

All of a sudden then, the girl starts hyperventilating and tears are streaming down her cheeks. All of this was a little too much and really startled me. She began to start shaking fast, reminding me of those insane crack heads. Her knees wobbled, her hands shook even though they were still made into fists, and her lips moved around, yet no words came out except for little mumbles that made no sense.

"Crap!" Relina cursed out loud. "Not this again! And to think that this had actually stopped."

"Um, what's happening?" I wondered out loud.

"Um, it's nothing really. I-it just...um, okay, I think you should go now. Really. It's for the best."

"Um..." I motioned towards the gum still present in my hands.

"Um, you can keep it. No charge. It's on the house. Bye!"

Relina had now grabbed a hold of the new girl's shoulders to keep her from falling down onto her knees. Her condition had gotten so bad now; I actually thought the next thing to come was foam dripping down her chin like some rabid animal.

I know, I know, I sounded pretty cruel, but I really didn't like this girl. Not at all. Sure, I felt bad for her and her little "issues", but did it make me wanna do something, like call the cops or ambulance? ...Okay, a little. But, this was really none of my business and just like that chick, Relina, said, the best thing for me to do now was to just get the hell outta there.

As I slammed the door shut behind me, I heard the sound of the bell ring again. I started running then. I had no idea why, but my legs were just ready to get back home. Never had I ever thought that my Sunday afternoon would have gone down like this. Maybe if I'd known, I wouldn't have even thought of going there. But, there's a lot of things that if I'd known, I wouldn't have gone to do it. Things that involve with Izzy. And there were many other things that I would be doing this year which involved the new girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while; computer troubles. It's not completely fixed yet, but I'm able to get on again, even though the process is still pretty slow. I might not be able to get on at all starting June because I'm going on vacation and won't have time to write or post new chapters. But, as soon as I come back, I'll try getting back on & hopefully my dad will get me a brand new computer that works even better. HOPEFULLY. (I mean, he HAS to!) Um, well, can't wait till that happens, if it does, I mean, and looking forward to an awesome summer and hope you guys have one as well; I LOVE YOU ALL! =D