Never by Your Side

Take off your colours, who are you wearing them for?

I sighed as I flung some more books into my schoolbag. It was 6:30am and I really wasn't in the mood to go to a new school and pretend to be interested in what people said to me. I wasn't in the mood to be in a new house, in a new town, away from my so-called "friends" who haven't even bothered to text me in the past week either. Mom had lost her job, so she decided that herself, my brother and I would have to move somewhere else. And so we ended up in this shitty town in the middle of nowhere. The secondary school that I'm supposed to go to is right on the other side of town, hence why I'm awake at six o'clock in the bloody morning, wandering around the house. The sun had already risen as it was late May, yet mom insisted that we went to school so that we could make friends and wouldn't spend the summer sitting around doing nothing. My brother Jay wasn't even awake yet, and I wasn't going to be the one to attempt to wake him, he threw an alarm clock at me the last time I tried. Once I finished packing my bag, I put on my uniform. The school uniform was pretty laid back, grey jeans or trousers with a white tshirt and black tie. You could wear any hoodie you like, but they recommend the school's tracksuit jacket which was a darker grey colour, almost black. I pulled on a pair of my old grey skinny jeans and loosely tied the tie. I didn't want to seem like an overexcited nerd so I decided to wear one of my own hoodies aswell. Nervously, I glanced into the mirror. Since I was young, I've had this ridiculous fear of mirrors. It's okay when I'm alone but if I'm with anyone else, I just can't look at myself in them, it makes me feel like a conceited twat. I smirked because for once, I didn't look like absolute crap. I shoved my feet into a pair of Vans and walked down the stairs. Maybe this wasn't going to be such a crap day after all.

It was ten o'clock and I had just spent the last hour in the principal's office. She was explaining the school rules and all that stuff to me. She (Mrs. Franklin) seemed like a nice person, even though her choice of clothing was terrible. She was wearing this grey trouser suit with a matching grey shirt inside, which really didn't do that protruding extra tyre any favours. As I walked out the door, I almost crashed into this kid who was wearing a Gallows hoodie.
'Woah sorry!' he exclaimed as he tried not to fall.
'My bad,' I gasped, then I decided that I should try make friends. 'Hey cool hoodie! I love Gallows, I saw them a few months ago,' I said, trying not to sound cocky.
'Really? Jealous.' He smiled. 'I'm Gavin, what's your name?'
'Sean.' I replied.
'Oh you're the new kid. I thought you were gonna be a weirdo, what a relief!' He laughed.
'That's the nicest thing someone has said to me in ages,' I said, trying to be funny.
He laughed again and then snatched the timetable from hands, but not in a rude way.
'We've got the same classes!' he exclaimed as he started tugging my arm.
'Where are we going?' I asked, hoping he'd show me around.
'To Geography class, c'mon, we're already late,' he said while glancing at his watch. I laughed at how concerned he looked and followed him down the hallway, hoping to God that he wasn't one of those nerdy types.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Take Off Your Colors - You Me At Six.
Oh god, I can tell I'm going to regret this when I've finished.
I'll probably drag in other people from other band soon enough, but it would be gr8 if people would comment and tell me who would they like to add in.