Never by Your Side

In my heart and in my soul are all the people I have known.

2.
I'm not going to lie, school was actually really good. At break, Gavin introduced me to all his friends; Matthew, Bob, Snoz and Rhys. They were all really cool guys, and they all seemed really nice. The school's rugby team were playing after school, and they all asked me to come along, so here I was, walking down the street with a bunch of guys I barely knew. For the first time in forever, I felt happy, really happy.
We walked through this park where a load of little kids were playing. The sun was shining and there wasn't any wind. Suddenly Rhys' phone started ringing and Snoz started laughing hysterically because his ringtone was Can't Touch This. We all started dramatically singing along to it while Rhys turned scarlet. When we reached the rugby pitch, we jumped onto the wall so that we wouldn't have to pay to get in and sat on it for a while. Before the team came on, Gavin jumped off and ran to the railing which was separating the crowd from the field and started shouting encouragement when the school's team came on.
'He's going out with our fullback,' Matt whispered to me. Wait what? Gavin was gay? He really didn't seem like someone who was gay.
'Do people mind?' I asked, curious to see if people here were homophobic.
'Nah, everyone here is really nice, it's probably why so many people move here every year. You can do anything you want without people judging you.' I felt relieved even though I didn't really know why. I wasn't gay, and I had never fooled around with a guy. Apart from at my friend Gustav's Christmas party two years ago, with some dude that I can't even remember's name. I was really drunk and we ended up playing spin the bottle. It wasn't that big of a deal and I had practically forgotten about it, until now. Did I like it? I can’t even remember most of that night. I stopped, why was I even thinking about this? Shaking my head, I started laughing at how stupid I am, making a big deal about something that I can barely remember. I looked back at the pitch and noticed that the game was about to start, and started cheering with the rest of the guys.

At half time, we were in the lead with 15-3. A lot of teachers had arrived and were standing at the back of the stands. When the game started, one of them called Gavin and Bob over. Him and another teacher were talking to him about new players because apparently Gavin knew everything and anything about the team. The stood there talking to them and making jokes. They both seemed fairly young, definitely very early twenties. The one who was talking madly to Gavin had bleach blonde hair and was wearing a grey jumper and dark blue jeans. I heard Gavin call him Mr. Richardson, but he told him to call him "Stu". The man next to him was looking down at the programme. He had black hair and was wearing tight grey trousers and a black sports jacket with black pointy shoes. He started laughing and looked up when Gavin said something about his boyfriend. I couldn't take my eyes off him, he was gorgeous. Then I realised that I'd look really creepy if I kept staring at him so I looked at the scoreboard. It was now 26-6. Suddenly I heard Gavin calling us all over. I nervously followed Bob, trying not to freak out.
'Who's this then?' Mr. Richardson said.
'Oh this is Sean, he just moved here.' Gavin replied, nudging me.
I smiled at Mr. Richardson, trying to seem like the outgoing person that I usually am, even though my insides were turning to mush.
'I'm Mr. Richardson, but you can call me Stu, I teach Chemistry and this is Ian, he teaches History.' he said. Ian looked up and smiled at me. His hazel eyes were shining, and I tried hard not to curl up and cry about how beautiful he is.
'Hey,' he said softly. I almost died, his voice was like listening to pieces of heaven.
'Hi,' I said, hoping that I sounded confident. After all, I was Sean Smith, the kid who was famous for troublemaking. Just last term I had lit fireworks on the roof of one of my old school's sheds.
'You're the kid who turned the water in your old school purple, right?' He said with a smirk.
One of my best tricks. Once day I was outside when I stumbled across the school's water tank. I immediately went to the shop and bought loads of bottles of food colouring and poured them into it. Sadly, they found all the bottles in my bag and gave me a month's dentention.
'Yup, that's me.' I boasted.
'Wish I thought of that when I was at school,' he responded. Then Stu and him started telling us all these stories about when they were in school. Apparently they were both the class clowns. Once Ian had hacked the school's website and changed it so that it seemed the school was a training school for prostitutes. Another time, he superglued his teacher's arse to the chair.
'I still can't look Mr. Goldberg in the eye when I see him or talk to him.' he laughed. Mr. Goldberg was the ancient Physics teacher who apparently was one of the worst teachers in the world.
We spent the rest of the match talking about pranks and only realised it had ended when everyone around us started cheering and running out onto the pitch. Stu and the guys had all ran out and there wasn't anybody left in the stand apart from the two of us.
'You better not try to prank me,' He joked.
'Of course not, sir, I would never do such a thing,' I teased, putting on an innocent voice. He started laughing at me as we walked slowly down to the pitch.
I found the rest of the guys and they were all heading to McDonalds.
'Come on Sean, we wanna get there before everyone else does!' Snoz yelled and started running towards the gates.
'See you around, Sean,' Ian said to me, grinning devilishly. Was he flirting with me?
'Yeah, bye,' I replied with a smile and ran after Snoz.
I had this weird feeling in my stomach, like it was twisting in thousands of knots. Did I have a crush on Ian?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Hunstanton Pier - Deaf Havana.
Sorry, I really wanted to write more because I'm really into this, even though I have no idea where the plot is going.