Status: i'm having trouble writing this as of late, updates will be far and in between. sorry!

My Only One

Six

Alex's POV; 

I couldn't tell her. 

I tried to grab the envelope from Rachel's grasp but every time I reached forward she pulled her hand back further and further. "Since you don't wanna tell me what this is I'll just read it for myself then." I cringed at the sound of paper ripping and when she pulled the results of the test out, I wanted nothing more than to run as far away as possible and never come back. 

"Alex, what the hell is this? Some kind of… results for a test or something?" 

I shifted uncomfortably on my feet, rocking back and forth before sighing, figuring that telling her was better than her finding out and lashing out on me in the future. "Yeah, they're test results." 

"For what kind of test?" 

"A um, y'know just a… check up on Noah's DNA?" Being in the presence of Rachel like this, pissed off and glaring, made me nervous. 

"Goddammit, Alex. Would you stop being so stupid and just tell me what the fuck this is!" She yelled, throwing her arms in the air in frustration. 

"Fine," I took a deep breath before saying, "it's a paternity test." 

"Paternity test? Y—you don't think you're Noah's fath—" 

I cut her off. "No I don't. He doesn't even look like me, Rachel! Were you ever gonna tell me? Or were you planning on mooching off me forever? Did some random guy knock you up and you figured 'oh! Let me tarnish the best thing in Alex's life by telling him it's his baby!'?" 

"I—I didn't mean t—to. I just wanted you back! That bitch Aria waltzed in and stole you away from me! What we had was so good and I wanted it back! Is that so wrong?" 

"What's wrong is that you lied and used me, Rachel. That's what's wrong," I remarked, trying to keep my cool when on the inside I was fuming with anger. "The worst part about it all? That I took you in. I didn't even give it a second thought that it wasn't mine." I mussed my hair by running a hand through it. "I should've listened to my bandmates and what they said about you. They were right all along about how much of a selfish bitch you are." 

"I'm sorry, Alex! I'm so, so sorry! Don't do anything drastic, please! Noah loves you and so do I." 

"I don't care, okay? Pack your things and go find Noah's real dad and live with him for all I care." 

I sat on the couch as Rachel went back and forth from upstairs and outside to her car. I didn't help her pack—I couldn't do it. The fact that she lied to me for an entire year and didn't show a hint of guilt made me feel that my decision to not help was okay. 

A few hours later she finished. Rachel came back inside, Noah hitched on her hip, and walked over to where I was still sitting—I hadn't moved since she started gathering her and Noah's things. 

"Alex?" 

"What?" I spat. It came out harsher than I expected. Turning my head, I caught glance of her face. The make-up she put on earlier this morning was smeared and her face was blotchy from crying. A part of me—the nice, kindhearted part—felt bad for her. But the other part didn't. 

"I'm all finished. Just thought you should know," she sniffled. 

"Alright." 

"I—" 

"I know you're sorry. I can see it in your eyes. But that doesn't mean I forgive you; I don't think I ever can, honestly. You need to go find a guy that loves both you and Noah," I said. She sent a small smile my way through the tears. 

"And you need to get Aria back. I know how much she means to you." 

"Thanks, Rach." 

"No problem. Have a good life, Alex," she turned and walked out before I could even say the same to her. 

As soon as the door shut and I heard the start of a car engine, I searched for my phone and called the first number that popped into my head. 

————

Aria's POV; 

I was outside in the backyard pushing Charlie on the swing set around 6 o'clock that evening. My mom called and told me she decided on staying at the hotel across the street from the hospital because, she said, in her exact words "your dad's progressively getting worse day by day" and when I suggested that Charlie and I would come as well, she replied with: "no, no. Stay at home and take care of your daughter. You can come and see your dad tomorrow" 

So when my phone rang yet again, my heart hammered against my chest and the worst possible thing crossed my mind. As quickly as I could, I erased the thought and looked at the caller I.D. and a sigh escaped my lips. 

"What's up, Lex?" I questioned, positioning the phone between my ear and shoulder so I could push my daughter once more as she giggled when she rose higher in the air. 

"Are you and Charlie busy?" 

I pursed my lips. If he was going home to Rachel and his son, why was he calling to see if we were free? "Uh, yeah. Why?" 

"I'll tell you when you get here, okay?" 

"Alright," I said, my voice laced with confusion. I thought he was going home to his girlfriend and son? 

When I pulled into his driveway, I noticed the lack of Rachel's small car. A confused expression washed over my face before I got out and grabbed Charlie, placed her on the ground and shut the car door. We walked to the front door and knocked, waiting until Alex opened the door, which happened a few seconds after. 

"I have amazing news," he said, hugging both Charlie and I before letting us inside. 

"Which is? You're going on another tour? Another new album?" 

"No, no! Nothing about the band. Have you noticed how quiet the house is?" A small smile played at his lips. I nodded. "Rachel is gone." 

"Gone?" 

"Gone; as in, left forever. Never coming back. Found out Noah's not mine. I did it, Aria. I finally got rid of Rachel." 
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this chapter was up to par from the cliffhanger last chapter :-)
And who's excited that Rachel is FINALLY gone?! I know I am! 
Now what do y'all think is gonna happen with Aria and Alex? Think they're gonna get back together quickly? ;)

Check out my new Alex story— Have Faith In Me and maybe drop a comment? I'd appreciate the feedback! 

letsburnthiscitydown
jaseykay
catgarcia12
PhoebeAnna
Thereis182greendays
heeytara
long live us


I'm going to Warped tomorrow! I look forward to reading your comments when I get back on Sunday :)