‹ Prequel: One Direction Girl

Shot me out of the sky

I can love you more than this.

I get ready to leave with Haley for her show.
"It has only been a week and I miss Zayn more than ever."
"You're preaching to the choir." I smile. " I've only gotten to Skype with Niall once." I say checking my phone. I have a text from Niall. "Been busy! Love you though. Miss you x ." He writes. I smile.
"Well, Check your phone cause Niall texted me." I say responding to his message.
Haley drops her straightener and runs to grab her phone.
"Yay!"
I turn and see her smiling at her phone.
"Harry sent me a picture of Niall and Zayn sending us texts." She laughs. I see her wiping a tear from her eye.
"This is the first time he has really been gone from you isn't it?" I ask.
She nods and frowns. I walk over to her and hug her. " It gets easier I promise. It too me forever to adjust to Niall being away for months on end. But our relationship grew so much because of it." I tell her.
She nods. " Thank you." She smiles. She checks her phone again and wipes her eyes.
" Niall hacked your twitter and changed your bio into: "I love you the most, you're mine. - Niall." She says with a laugh.
I look at my phone and shake my head. " Zayn hacked my twitter too." She smiles. " He wrote. I love you so much :)x"
She sighs. "Let me turn off my straightener before the place burns down." She says walking back to the bathroom.
"I've got a show to do so lets go." She says linking arms with me.

I'm trying to watch Haley's show but Niall texts me.
Niall texts me in the middle of the show. "Heehe hey babe.. Please come over.. I miss you"
"Niall, you're in Canada babe. I can't just come over."
" I ned you." He writes back.
"Niall, are you drunk?" I ask.
" Ive had abit to drunk." Niall says.
I sigh. Not knowing what to do. The shows over so I quickly run outside and call Niall.
"Are you here?" Niall asks.
"Niall I'm in another country. You need to give Liam your phone and go get some coffee or something."
" why are you so mean?"
"Niall seriously. Im gonna hang up. You're drunk."
"No shit I'm drunk. I can't drink in America. I love coming here."
"Niall. Im hanging up now. I love you but goodnight. No more drinking tonight." I say hanging up and going back inside to get Haley.
I get another text. " you're such a bitch. I just want to see you. I hate you."
Niall must be really drunk. But it is still upsetting. I go backstage.
"Zayn drunk text you?" I ask.
"No? Why?" Haley asks taking her hair down.
" Niall is drunk and being a douche." I say shrugging. "He called be a bitch and told me he hated me."
"Katie, you know he doesn't mean it."
I check his twitter. " Management obviously hasn't seen his last tweet...It says fuck bitches."
Haley chuckles. " It's not funny. I'm sorry but oh my gosh."
" I miss him right now more than ever and the last thing I want to deal with his him drunk."
"Let's go get dinner. My treat." She says.

After dinner we get home and Niall is trying to skype me. I don't hesitate to answer.
"Katie.." He says his eyes don't even look open.
"Niall, how drunk are you? Seriously."
"Katie, I miss you." He mumbles.
"I miss you too."
"I need you." He says.
I frown. I really want to cry.
"I love you much baby." I say.
" Katie, I miss you." He says again.
"I know babe, I know.I miss you more than ever."
Haley looks at me. I'm just really upset and about to cry.
" Niall, I'll talk to you tomorrow, Okay. I love you so much. I miss you."
" No, don't go. I'm sorry."
"You didn't do anything wrong Niall." I say covering my mouth.
"Then why are you leaving me?"
"Niall, I'm just logging off the computer. Call me tomorrow okay? I love you." I shut the computer and put my hands in my face.
"I miss him more than I ever have before. I've never felt like this."
"It's alright." Haley says. " Maybe we can go up there. Even though we said we wouldn't."
"Can we like leave tonight. So I can be there in the morning?"
"Are you cr-.......Fine, let's go. I'll text Liam." She sighs.

Me and Haley go to Canada. Just like that. I didn't even pack anything. I just wanted to get there fast. I've never missed something so much. We get to the boys' hotel. Liam is waiting downstairs for us.
"Hi Liam! I haven't seen you in a long time!" I hug him.
"It's good to see you babe!" Liam says. "It's good to see you as well Haley" He hugs her.
"Nice to see you Liam."
I run a hand through my hair. "So Niall's asleep?" I ask.
"Yeah he passed out about an hour ago." Liam said. " He had a lot to drink." He leads us up to their floor.
"Who let him drink that much?" I ask.
"How drunk is Zayn?" Haley asks.
"Zayn isn't that drunk. Him and Niall went down to the bar. Zayn tried to get him to leave but he didn't want to so Zayn just left."
"Damn it Niall." I shake my head.
"Niall is in here." Liam says.
"Thanks! I'm probably gonna crawl in next to him and have him be surprised in the morning."
I sigh. " Thanks again Liam. We won't be here for long."
"Katie, It isn't a problem!" He says.
"Alright, goodnight guys. Go get your man Haley." I smile then go into the room quietly.
I tip toe into the bedroom. Niall is pretty knocked out. There's no way he'd even know that I came in.
I climb in next to him gently. I smile. I'm so happy to be with him again. Then again I feel like I'm stalking my own husband since I snuck in here.
I pet his hair then curl up and fall asleep.

Haley walks into Zayn's room quietly. She hears Zayn laughing.
"Zayn?" Haley calls.
"Haley?" Zayn comes out of the bedroom.
"What are you doing here?" He asks hugging her.
"I came with Katie because we missed you..Is someone here with you?" She asks.
"Um....well.."He puts a hand on his head.
"Zayn. It's a yes or no answer?" Haley says.
"Yeah. My friend Jessica is here."
Haley walks to the bedroom.
"Haley." Zayn calls grabbing her arm.
She looks in and sees Jessica sitting there under the covers.
"She's in your bed!" Haley shouts.
"It's not what it looks like Haley. I promise."
" Your friend from England.Is all the way in Canada. She just happened to be in town?"
"Yeah." Zayn says. " I'm not cheating on you. We just got married!" Zayn says.
"I'll see you tomorrow. Enjoy your night with her." Haley says pulling away from him.
"Haley, please don't go." Zayn says.
"You've had some to drink I see. I'll see you tomorrow." She says leaving.
She walks down the hall and goes into Niall and Katie's room.
She lays down on the couch as a few tears roll down her face.

I feel like I'm asleep for five minutes before I hear. " Katie? Am I dreaming right now? Oh my god. What the hell."
I turn over. " Niall, I'm really here babe. It's okay."
"What are you doing here?"He asks.
"Do you even remember last night?" I ask sitting up.
"Yeah, I'm sorry about that." He says kissing me.
"It's okay. but you upset me so me and Haley came right away."
"Haley is here? oh. Did she go to his room last night?
"Yeah why?" I ask raising an eyebrow.
"He had a girl over there last night. So she was probably there when you got here."
"oh god. Can you guys not get into trouble why were gone?" I ask.
He hugs me. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to upset you guys at all."
"I missed you a lot. I dont know why its getting harder. I thought I'd be used to it by now. And I'm not"
"It's okay. I love seeing you." He kisses me. "I wish you were around all the time"
"I wish i was around all the time. I hate being away from you when all i wanna do is cuddle in your arms."
Niall wraps his arms around me." Now you are. That counts for something."
" I love you so much. I hate being away from you it sucks so much."
"Do you think we should go check on Haley?"
"We don't even know where she is. Knowing her she didn't stick around."
"Well come on, You're her friend you've gotta help her." Niall says.
I hug him tight then crawl out of bed.I don't even step out of the doorway before I see her on the couch.
"She's fine Niall. She's right here."
Niall gets up and starts to put a shirt on. "What are you doing? Leave it off." I smile.
He shrugs then throws it back on the floor. He runs a hand through his hair.
"Whoa. I said leave your shirt off. Not kill me with sexiness." I say.
"You're silly."He kisses my cheek. He walks to the kitchen.
"How you doing?"I ask sitting next to Haley.
"I'm kinda ticked off. Why would he let her under the covers. What is that?"
" That's a dick move. That's what it is."
"I haven't gone over there yet. Bet she slept over there."
"Do you want me to come with you to go talk to him?" I ask.
"No, I guess I'll go by myself."
"Alright. Just yell if you need me!" I say.
"Oh, you might here me yelling but only at Zayn." She says walking out.
I join Niall in the kitchen. I wrap my arms around him.
"You're so warm." I smile.
He puts his arms around me. "You're so beautiful."
" Shut up." I giggle.

Haley knocks on Zayn's door.
Zayn answers surprisingly quick. He pulls her inside.
"Haley. I am so sorry about last night. She said she was cold so I told her to get under the covers. I didn't get under them because she was in them. I wouldn't do anything to danger our relationship. I love you and I'm not stupid. Jessica is in another room in the hotel. She's been my friend for a while you have to respect that. I'm sorry and I love you."
" Zayn. It's okay. I love you too." She half smiles. " I just really came to see you and then you were with some other girl. I didn't exactly know how to take that."
Zayn hugs her tight. "I'm only here till tonight. Can we please enjoy it?" She asks.
"I'd like that." Zayn says.