Sequel: Ellen's New Life

The Rockstar's Daughter

Why is my name Ellen Patricia?

"Pat!"

I heard my mom calling me from the kitchen. She didn't have to shout loud, because we live in a really small apartment. When you enter, you arrive the main room, which I call kitchen. But it's actually the kitchen, living room and dining room at once. Wait - did I say dinning room? All we have is two chairs and a really little table.

Then, you see one door, leading to our bedroom. We don't have own bathroom in apartment; there's one bathroom in the whole floor, so we share it with three other neighbor families.

The three neighbor families. Oh yes. The first ones are the Browns. A nice family, two children and their dad. Their mother died. I play a lot with Cassie and Danny Brown. Sometimes I wish my mom would fall in love with their dad. That would be great.

Another family are the old spouses, Mitch and Katelyn Goth. They're very annyoing, they argue all the time. The walls aren't very thick here, so I have to listen to them whole night.

And the last family: the Wests. It's a really big family, and the four children have both parents. Even if they're poor, they're still happy in this family. They're nice, but the children are a little bit weird. Their oldest daughter, Julie, is 13, and goes to same class as I do. She wears those weird, vintage dresses all the time. It kinda annoys me.

Then, in the middle of my thinking, mom called again. I hate when she calls me Pat. Why is my first name Ellen, if she wants to call me Pat? She'd name me just Patricia then, not Ellen Patricia.

I went to the kitchen.

"Mom, why do you call me Pat, if my name's Ellen Patricia?" I asked her. She hates questions that start with 'why', but I wanted to know that.

"Oh well... You won't stop asking me stuff, will you? Well, I always wanted to name you just Patricia, but your father said that he likes my name, Helena, and that you should be called after me. I refused it, but after some talk, we decided to call you Ellen. That's a version of Helena, you know."

"Oh. It has something to do with dad again," I muttered.

"Yes. Look, you shouldn't have to hate everything about your dad. He's damn sexy... Oh, well, why am I explaining it to you? But see, your dad has positive side, too. Maybe we should invite him over sometimes. Please, give him a chance. He's a great person in some way," said mom.

"Yeah. In some way," I said to myself. Then, I turned around, decided to return to the bedroom.

"Hey, I called you about something!" said mom. "You're gonna like the news, believe me!"