Sequel: Ellen's New Life

The Rockstar's Daughter

Mum's ex boyfriend and current boyfriend

"Okay, what is it, mum?" I asked, looking deeply at her eyes.

"Pat, I hate it when you look at me this way! I get the feeling that I have a daughter that's twice my age, not 12!" she said, laughing.

"Now, what's the big news?" I asked, getting quite impatient already.

"Well... I met this guy... He's called Ryan... He's coming over for a lunch tomorrow..." she started, then paused.

"So you're like, gonna marry again or something?" I asked, not knowing how to feel.

"Of course not! Well, not yet! Maybe later. But your opinion on him does matter to me, you know? So that's why he'll come here," she told me.

"Oh okay," I said quietly.

"And I was thinking of inviting your dad, too. You know, like, family lunch or something?" she said, smiling.

"Dad's not in our family. That would be more, like, us, your ex boyfriend, and your current boyfriend," I said.

"Pat, stop it, now!" she almost screamed at me.

"Okay. I'll stop it. Bring daddy or whoever you want to bring," I said and went to bedroom.

It was the first time in my life that I actually wished that we had own bathroom in our apartment, so I'd lock myself into it for hours, and cry.