Sequel: Ellen's New Life

The Rockstar's Daughter

Not in front of a 12-year-old

Someone knocked on the door. Yes, knocked, not ringed the doorbell, because we don't have any. Only the man living in the first floor has a doorbell, because he accepts people in the building. Others only have normal door, and visitors have to knock the door. Just the old way, you know.

Oh, I like this word 'way' so much! I'm glad it's my surname. But I'm not glad that it's after Gerard Way. Once, my classmate Annie said: "I'd love to have Gerard Way as a father!"

Well, maybe she would. But I don't like him. Most fathers take care of their children! My dad doen't take care of me. It's a miracle he even knows my name. Well, does he?

Well, I went and opened the door. I was afraid that it was dad already. But it wasn't. There was an unknown man standing there.

My mum just came out of bedroom and stood behind me. "Ryan! Sweetheart, let me introduce you my boyfriend: Ryan. Ryan, this is my daughter, Patricia."

"Ellen Patricia," I corrected her. "Ellen Patricia Way Jones."

"Woah, you've got a quite long name!" he said, smiling.

"I know," I said, with a voice that showed that I had no interest in his stupid jokes.

"Oh, common, don't be this serious, kid!" he said, laughing. "How old are you, anyways? Nine? Ten?"

"Twelve," I said. "I'm a bit small for my age, but I'm twelve. And I hate when people think I'm nine."

"Oh. I understand you. When I was twelve, people tought I was fifteen."

"Oh, so does the same thing repeat now, you're around thirty, but people think you're around fourty?" I said. How rude was that!

"Patricia! Stop it!" shouted mum.

"It's alright, dear, I don't care," said Ryan, who finally got into the apartment. Then, he leaned over to mum and kissed her.

"Ryan, my daughter is here," mum reminded him.

"Alright, alright. But you were such a beast last time..." he started.

"Ryan! She's twelve, for God's sake!" mum shouted.

"Fine, I'll stop, just one last kiss," he said, and kissed her again. It was one of those long kisses, if you know what I mean.

At this moment, I heard someone knocking on the door. Mum and Ryan luckily didn't hear it.

I knew who it was. Dad. And I wanted him to see this.