Why Do People Always Presume I'm Lying?

Chapter One:

Do you believe in ghosts? Because, I do. There's many different types of ghosts. There's the ones that haunt, the kind that watch from a distance, those who are dead, but stay for business they'd not yet finished, and those like me, who although you're in plain sight, seen by all, you're invisible to everyone. No one sends a second glance your way. Your fit right in. I'm not in the systems, there's no record of Delaney Maxwell. My own disadvantage would to have Thor spot me, but I'd be stupid to let that happen, and my father didn't raise a fool.

"Delaney, please come in here before you go." My dad spoke, and I did as I was told. When I entered he held three things on the table.

"What is all of this?" I asked.

"Well, I'm about to share that with you." He smiled lightly and continued. "This first item is a cell phone type device. You can use it as a cell phone, but it is also to contact us here, knowing no one will suspect it.

"Also, here is a bracelet. There is a piece of the tesseract in there in which you will use on the avengers once you get them alone. I don't care how you do it, but do it efficiently. You will only get once change, and if you mess it up, it'll be over. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand." I said.

"Good. This last thing is something of your mothers. It won't help you much with your mission, but it will certainly help you as a person. She always wanted you to have it, but I've never felt you've been responsible enough, and know you've proved to me that, you are in fact old enough.." He handed me the box, and inside was necklace with a small silver locket. It held an inscription which read 'Dreams do come true' in small cursive. I opened it to find a picture of my mother and father on one side, and me as a small girl on the other. I clasped the locket around my neck, and looked at my dad.

"I promise not to let you down." He hugged me, and kissed the top of my head.

"I know you won't. Your mother would be so proud of you."

I let go and smiled at him, before turning around and walking out of the office. I found myself outside, about to be let down from Asgard to earth.

As I was about to go I heard a faint "Goodbye" from my dad, and closed my eyes, next thing I knew was I was on earth, in a very, very busy city. A moment later, a loud ringing sounded, and I figured out it was from my cellphone.

"Hello?"

"Hello Laney, it's your father."

"Hi dad."

"Are you in New York City yet?"

"I think so. Where do I go from here?"

"Tony Stark is having a party tomorrow, and you're going to be there."

"How am I going to get in?"

"Figure out a way, you seemed to have no problem breaking into things in Asgard when you wanted something."

"Ha-ha."

I'm sure you'll do fine. There is a bank account and an apartment set up for you. Remember you are Delaney Maxwell now, you can't let yourself slip up, I mean it. When you get to the bank, ask to see your security deposit box, in there will be all the information you need. Their profiles, money, and your keys to the apartment. Go buy some clothes, and food. You have furniture already set up. Go there as soon as possible. You need to be prepared for tomorrow night."

"Alright, I will. I'll call you later."

I bid him goodbye, and went to the bank. Once inside I did what I had been told, gathered my things, and went to the apartment building, which was convenient placed right next to stark towers. When I reached my room, I set my things down, and drew a bath. I could go shopping later. I relaxed into the bath I pulled out the files, and counted six. Each belonging to one of the Avengers.

The first was Natasha Romanova, the Black Widow. She was an auburn-haired, blue eyed woman. It said that she was a former citizen of Russia/U.S.S.R., resident in United States of America under extended visa authorized by S.H.I.E.L.D. She was an excellent fighter, and the world's greatest spy.

Next was Tony Stark, who was known as 'Iron Man'. He currently lived in New York (right next door, actually). He had black hair, (and if I could add a personal comment, it looked real nice. He could certainly work it!) He, on the other hand, was spectacular on everything from his intelligence to his strength, in the suit that is. It seemed like without the suit, he wouldn't hold a fight to me, at least not a winner worthy fight.

After him came Thor Odinson, my uncle. It said here that he, (as I already knew) lived in Asgard; but was considered a honorary US citizen. Anything to do with strength, and fighting ability Thor had it down pat. His brains on the other hand, weren't quite up to par. He wasn't stupid of course, but he didn't have much knowledge on important earthy things, things I had expertise in.

I then grabbed for the file of Clint Barton, the legendary 'Hawkeye." He wasn't too bad looking. He did have quite the muscles, that was for sure. He lived in the U.S., and held a pardoned criminal record. He wasn't anything special, but when it came to his bow and arrow, he was considered ten times the best that could ever be. I'd have to watch out for that.

After his, I went to Steve Rogers, or Captain America. The soldier of all soldiers. He was also fairly attractive, sporting blonde hair, and muscles even better than Hawkeye's.. He lived here also, even back in his time. He wasn't anything like Thor, but his shield was basically his high point. If his shield could hold off uncle Thor's hammer, it could hold off anything.

Lastly, was Robert Bruce Banner, the lovely 'Incredible Hulk'. Quite a name to live up to, incredible. He sure proved himself to be. Now this man was the real deal. He had everything from strength to genius. He didn't even need a suit, he just needed to be pissed. That was cool with me, I could handle that, as long as I didn't make him mad. He would be someone to have on our side, and I'm sure I could make that happen.

After I read off of their files and did my homework and who to go after first, and who was hardest to fight, I went to sleep, knowing I had a big day in front of me tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter! Two in one day. Sort of. The prologue! :) So, as I said, I remade. For those of you who are confused (previous subscribers) Please read the prologue! It's not too long hehe. Anyway, I'm super psyched for this new story! I'm sorry again about stopping the other, but I still have it saved, so if I ever go back to it, I will link it!

Comment on what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)