Why Do People Always Presume I'm Lying?

Chapter Two:

I woke up the following morning, refreshed and ready to begin my day. I took the money my father gave me, and went down to find some clothing. I found a nice cafe where I began my day with some orange juice and a chocolate chip muffin.

While I was in there, I saw, none other than one of the avengers themselves, Steve Rogers. He'd ordered himself a small coffee and pastry and was now sitting alone, reading the newspaper. I figured now was as good as any time to make friends with them. Maybe now I wouldn't have to sneak into the party..

"Hi, is this seat taken?" I asked, and smiled sweetly.

"Uh, no, you can use it." He replied, glancing slightly from his paper.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could sit down, ha-ha. I figure we could both use the company."

"Oh, I guess, yeah." He put the paper down and looked at me, studying my face. "I'm Steve Rogers." He put his hand out in front of me.

"Delaney Maxwell." I said, proud that I didn't mess up in the very beginning.

"Well, nice to meet you, Delaney. What brings you over here?" He asked, confused.

"Just to talk to an attractive man." I said smoothly, sending a small wink his way, making him laugh.

"You seem a little young.. You have to be seventeen at the most, sweetie."

"I'm twenty, thank you. You're what, twenty-one?"

"Twenty-two, actually. Technically ninety-two." He smirked.

"How the hell could you be ninety-two?" I asked feigning surprise.

"You don't know about me?"

I shook my head.

"Ah, well it's a long story." He said.

"It's only eight in the morning."

So he told me everything, really. It was spoken over coffee, and he walked with me for a little while, while I shopped for some clothes. You'd think he'd get tired of it, but he didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"So basically you're from the 1940's?"

"Something like that.."

I laughed, and continued to walk down the street.

"Look, I gotta run, but my friend Tony is having this party tonight, would you like to come as my guest?" He asked.

Perfect.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't know anyone, and it'd be a little awkward.."

"Nah, you'd fit in perfectly."

"Well, I suppose. You better introduce me to some people though!" I joked, but in reality I was completely serious.

"Alright, where do you live, I'll pick you up around seven. Be ready."

I gave him the address and told him I'd see him then. "Bye Steve." I waved in a flirtatious fashion his way.

"Bye Delaney." He smiled.

I walked away, but I could see that he was still watching. I laughed to myself how stupid he could be. I was already off to an amazing start. I couldn't wait to tell my dad about it tonight. He's going to be so happy with my progress. If all goes well, I'll be coming home next week.

I went home and slept for awhile and realized it was time to get ready around five. I showered and dried my hair. Next I went through my new clothes, placing the dress I bought over my head and felt it fit perfectly into place as it went around my body. Steve told me to it was a formal affair, so I hoped I would fit in. I did my hair the way I wanted it to flow, and slipped on my shoes. Just as I was grabbing my bag, I heard a knock on my door. Knowing who it was, an evil grin slipped onto my face.

Let the games begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so this will be the last chapter for tonight! I didn't want to start the party though. I'll do that later.. Also, don't worry, it's not going to be one of those stories that skip to the best part or whatever right away. It's not going to be all about Steve once she gets in, he just seemed like the easiest to convince of the bunch :P

Okay, and thank you all! 10 subscribers already?!!!! I'll make you a deal, if I can get a few comments from y'all I'll update this once again tomorrow!

Thanks for reading! Stay lovely!