Why Do People Always Presume I'm Lying?

Chapter Four:

I awoke to the sound of a knock on my door. Curious of who it could be, I went to the door cautiously, only to find it out it was Steve.

"Hi." I scratched my head, slightly confused.

The captain walked in with two coffees, and a small paper bag. He sets the bag on the table and hands me a coffee.

"Hey." He said.

"So, don't take this the wrong way, but why exactly are you here?"

"I'm not sure myself. I got bored." He responded, and I laughed at him.

"You got bored at 6:45 in the morning?"

"Yeah. I've already been up for an hour, ran out of things to do." He responded nonchalantly.

"How can you manage to be bored this early?" I asked, still confused.

"Well, I've already done everything. I did my exercise, run, ate, and showered, and now I'm hear bearing coffee and some kind of bakery food."

"Well thank you, I suppose. I'm not normally up this early though. Next time 8:00 would be nice."

"Oh, sorry about that." Steve laughed nervously.

"Don't worry about it. You brought me coffee, so I forgive you." I sent him a smile as we sat down and ate our food and drank our coffee. We didn't say much, but it was a comfortable silence and I enjoyed it.

"So what are your plans today?" He asked me.

"Uhm, I've got none."

"I gotta run some errands for Tony and I was thinking if you wanted to come with me afterward we could do a movie or something?"

"I can't." I blurted out, well aware of telling him two moments before about my lack of plans.

"Oh. I, uh, alright." He coughed out, unsure of how to respond.

"I mean, I have no plans, but I can't do anything. I have this guy coming in to fix the drains, so I have to be here."

"Oh, I understand."

"Yeah, I mean, your welcome to stay if you want, it'd be pretty boring though." I told him, even though I was really hoping he'd decline.

"I'd love to, but I've got to do that stuff for Tony. Another day though."

I bid Steve a goodbye, and closed the door behind him, pulling out my cellphone. He answered on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey dad."

"Hi there, Delaney. How did last night go?"

I gave him almost every detail about the night and he was more than delighted to say the least.

"Good, you're doing well. I expect this will be completed by next week?"

"I'll try, no promises though."

I hung up on my father and walked around my kitchen. It wasn't really fair what I was doing to the avengers, but it wasn't really fair what they did to my dad, so all's fair in my opinion.

I was planning on getting to Bruce soon. He'd be the hardest, no doubt. It would be best to get him out of the way. Then I'd take down Clint, he's probably next. Tony, Steve and Natasha would be harder.

Tony has Pepper, so being gone without telling the person who knows more numbers of his social security number than his own self would definitely trigger a worried woman who would alert the rest of them.

Next is Natasha. It wasn't that she was hard to break down, because if you took her skill and looked at it, I was able to match her skill and then some, so it wasn't really that. It would be harder, because she barely trusts anyone. She's the world's best spy, she knows trust better than anyone else.

Then there was Steve. I'd only known him a little while, he was so nice, and to me, it'd be hard to betray someone's trust like that. Although I'm doing this, I'm not an all around horrible person. It would kill to see the look on his face right before I betrayed his trust. I don't think I could stand to see it.

I'd have to do it anyway though. It'd be quick. I'd be easy physically. Mentally is a whole other story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's a short chapter for you guys. I've been so busy lately but I won't see my puppy until Wednesday (With whom I spend all my time), so I'll try to update around working and such, maybe I'll get another out later tonight or tomorrow. Anyway, thank you to everyone's who subscribed so far, you're all lovely!

**Also who likes the new theme?? I think I did a pretty cool job with it!