Why Do People Always Presume I'm Lying?

Chapter Six:

"Hello, Delaney!" Pepper hugged her as she opened the door. Myself and Steve made our way into the room where everyone was gathered.

"Hi Pepper, it's nice to see you again."

We walked through the door, and found ourselves at the table with the rest of the avengers.

"Hey Steve, Delaney." Tony spoke from the head of the table.

I nodded his way at sat down between Steve and Bruce. It seemed quite odd to me that they acted so close. I suppose they were forced to get along a lot of the time, but I didn't know they were this close.

"So, Delaney, how long are you going to be here?" Clint asked.

"I'm assuming not long, my dad is expecting me home in a few weeks." I replied, proceeding to pour myself a glass of water.

"You're not staying?" Steve asked.

"No, I miss home too often."

"Oh."

I smiled guiltily, and turned back to the rest of the table. Everyone was now carrying on their own conversations, and it seemed like they all had one person they were closer with than with the others. Natasha and Clint, Steve and Bruce, and Tony and Pepper.

"Banner, did you know why Thor wasn't coming, I thought you said you did?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, he just had something going on with Jane, not sure."

"You'd like Thor a lot you know, Delaney." Pepper spoke.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, he's a real nice guy. Very smart. Very nice muscles."

"I have muscles too, and I don't look like a lumber-jack." Tony frowned.

"Oh Tony, quit pouting, I love you, remember?"

That seemed to satisfy him and he kissed Pepper sweetly on the lips, and I smiled. They were just so darn cute.

The rest of the brunch went by somewhat slowly. Steve had to leave early for a thing with S.H.I.E.L.D. so he couldn't walk me home, but Natasha offered, which I gladly accepted.

"So, what's with you and Steve, anything at all?" She asked, as we walked down from Stark Towers.

"Nah, he's just being friendly, as am I."

"Be careful with him though, he's gone through a lot." Natasha warned.

"I will. I'll be leaving soon anyhow, I won't let anything happen to him."

We walked the rest of the way in silence, and when we got to my door, I asked her if she'd like to come in.

"No thanks, I'll need to be heading back, Clint and I need to go practice and I-." She didn't have time to finish her sentence, not before I stabbed her wrist with my bracelet. The piece of the tesseract sunk into her skin, and she fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Sorry, Natasha." I said, and dragged her into my room. Next, I proceeded to call my dad, in which he answered on the second ring.

"Father, I've gotten one."

Good, which one, the green man?"

"No, I had to start of simple with 'The Black Widow'. The girl."

She's a start. Now that you've got her, you have to hurry, they'll begin to suspect that you're not trustworthy. A girl of her skill couldn't have just been 'kidnapped.'

"Don't worry, once she wakes up, she'll take care of that for me."

Alright, I trust you. Don't let me down.

"I won't. I promise. Goodbye Dad."

Goodbye, sweetheart.

One down, four to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I didn't know that published, I meant to come back to it tonight! Ahahah, well here's the full chapter anyways! :)

(Four is NOT including Thor)

What'd you think of it?

ALSO! Check out my new Tony Stark story!