Status: Active! :)

I'm Convinced We Don't Make Sense

I'm So Ready To Be Free

Carolina's POV:
"This is weird.." I mumble as I stare at the ceiling of my new home.

Marisa laughs and flops down next to me on my bed. "You'll get use to it.. Trust me. San Diego is a really awesome place."

"Yeah, It is. It just feels so weird being here. I'd always say that I was going to move and live a new life... but I never really thought I'd do it.."

She laughs. "Way to have self-confidence."

I nudge her. "My point is... that it really happened. And it's pretty unreal."

She stretches and turns to me, smiling. “It'll be okay, Carolina. No problem. You got me!”
I smile. True. Thankfully, I do.

“Oh- hey-”, I say and as I prop myself up on my elbows. “-since I just started the vet assistant job, they’re giving me short shifts.. think you could show me 'round SD on Monday?”

She thinks for little, then looks at me. “Actually... I don't think I can..”

“Oh- well, how about another day of the week?”

She grimaces. “Dude, Jaxin came up with all these new designs and plans for LBG and the website.. We're going to open up a shop maybe! This whole week is just going to be really busy..”
Dammit, I kind of saw that coming. Love Before Glory means the world to Marisa. Her job always comes first. Which I understand, because I'd put my job first too.
Bummed, I lay my head back down on the pillow. “Alright, that's cool.”

She gets up from the bed, grabbing the pillow from under my head, and throws it at me. “Don't get bummed out, man! I'll have a chance- then we could go explore together!”

I laugh and throw the pillow back at her. She blocks it with her hand and it falls to the floor.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah-”, I say, waving my hand at her. “It's COOL.”

She laughs and walks out the door. She turns back and points her finger at me. “I promise, okay?”
I nod and smile. “Okay, Marisa. Okay.”

She walks out the room and I sigh.

Maybe I could go explore SD by myself? Ha. What a horrible idea! I have no clue where anything is. I don't even know where the nearest Wall-Mart is for goodness sakes. I've always feared moving away to somewhere else because of this. But I was not about to deny Marisa's amazing offer. Moving in the city I've always dreamed of, living with my best friend, AND having a job where I work with what I love? It's an offer that was practically handed by God to me. I know it's going to be an amazing life for me now, but I'm just going to have to get use to my new surroundings.
And new faces.
Places..
Oh god..
Thank God I have Marisa.
I get up off my bed and walk to the pile of boxes in the corner of my room. They're filled with my kick-knacks and toiletries.

First step: Getting settled in.

Marisa's POV:
I walked out of Carolina's room feeling mixed emotions. I was ecstatic with the fact that she moved in. I had missed her terribly and I knew my San Diego life would be better with her around. But I felt extremely bad that I couldn't show her around. Jaxin has me busy as of late with him wanting to put another collection of clothing out.

I walked down the hall to my room, grabbing my sketchbook off of my side table. I sat on my bed, I had to be comfortable in order to sketch and come up with ideas. Before I could even put a pen to paper, my phone started ringing. Low and behold, it was Jaxin.

"Hey Jaxin," I greeted.

"Hey Iss. I'm having a party tonight, you should come," he said. His New Zealand accent flowing through my ear.

"Sounds like a plan-" I started before realizing it was Carolina's first day here. "Dude, I'm gonna bring my new roommate over. I've told you about her. Carolina, she's a vet assistant."

"Oh yeah! Alright cool, cool. Oh right, the PTV boys are back in town. All four and they'll be here. All. Four. See ya later," Jaxin hung up quickly before I could back out. I tossed my phone next to me and flopped down on the bed. I stared at the glow in the dark stars on my ceiling. Those stars that he gave me. Because he's the person I want to see tonight.

"Hey Marisa," I heard Carolina say. I sat up now and cracked a small smile. "...You okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Oh, we're going to a party tonight. Dress well, I have attractive close friends that will fall in love with you," I explained.

She laughed, "Alright man," with that she walked back down the hall to her room. I flopped back down in bed.

"Well," I whispered to myself, "time to get dolled up for no one in particular."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Anything Is Possible-This Providence

New PTV story. Please leave any and all feedback!