Status: Active! :)

I'm Convinced We Don't Make Sense

This Could Mean Everything Or Nothing At All

Carolina's POV:

Tony had asked me to ask for the day off from work, explaining how he wanted this day all for ourselves. When I asked him why, he simply said I'll just have to wait and see. We've been a little busy so it's hard having time together. With my new job title and the new album they're starting to write, it gets a little hectic. But at the end of the night, we end up close to each other once again.
Tony had told me to relax until he would get home from the studio. So I did. I cleaned the apartment, made myself a small lunch, and watched some old movies. He's been pushing me to watch some of the Star Wars movies but I'm not budging.

As I'm sitting on the couch watching a random TV show I stumbled upon, I glance at the clock anxiously. It reads 5:30. Not long until he comes home. Right then, my phone goes off and low and behold: it's Tony calling.

"Hello?" I say happily.

"Hey," he chuckles. "You sound happy."

"For no reason what so ever."

He laughs. "Hmm... Well, I'm going to be coming home soon..."

"Oh?"

"Maybe, you should start to get ready?"

"And for what?"

"There has to be some type of reason why you're so happy, right?"

I laugh. "Tell me what's going on, Tone."

"Shh, go get ready."

"Tony!"

"I'll be home in about forty minutes."

"What should I wear?"

"Anything you want. You'll look beautiful anyways."

I let out a small laugh and feel myself blush. I feel like a little kid. "Sure, Tony.."

"Wear a jacket, it's a chilly night."

"Will do babe!"

"Alright, see you soon."

We say our goodbyes and casual I love yous before the line ends. What in the world could he have planned? Maybe a cute little dinner? It has been a while since we've done that.
I pull together all and every idea he would have as I start to get ready for the night out.

As I'm putting in my earrings as a finishing touch, I hear the front door to the apartment open. I smile to myself and walk out of the bedroom. I see Tony place his keys on the kitchen table. He turns around and makes eye contact with me as he stuffs his hands into his pockets, smiling.

"Carolina."

I smile. "Hey."

He laughs. "You look- why do I even need to say it. I act surprised every time. You're gorgeous."
I look down and play with my fingers.

"Come here," he says and walks towards me. I wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his around my waist. "I love you," he whispers in my ear, his warm breath sending chills down my neck.

It makes me giggle and I pull away to face him. "Hmm, I love you too."

He smiles and pecks my lips. "Do you really?"

I stare at him and place my hand on his neck. "I love you more than anything."

His eye brows crease as he gives me a smile. "You have no idea how happy you make me when you say those words to me."

I peck his lips this time. "I love you. I love you. I love you."

"Jesus Christ," he mumbles and presses his lips to mine.

After some time, we pull away from the kiss as his phone goes off. He checks it and smiles at the screen. "Lets go now." I look at him confused.

"Come on," he says and holds my hand, leading me out the door.

As we drive to wherever he's taking me, I roll down the window and take in the cool San Diego breeze. We drive past shops and people on bikes. This city never sleeps, I swear. There's always something going on. No matter what day or time it is. I move my hair away from my face as the air coming from the window whips it around.

I feel Tony grab my hand and rub little circles on it with his thumb. I look at my hand intertwined with his tattooed hand and then up at him. A warm smile placed on his face as he looks straight ahead on the road. Minutes later, the smell in the air changes. I smell the ocean water as we drive closer to one. I look at Tony and he simply smirks as he takes a left into the parking for the beach.

"Remember this place?" he asks as he parks.

I take a look at the beach ahead of us and smile to myself. "Of course I do."

"Imperial Beach is the beach I opened up to you. Man, did that take a fuck load of balls for me to do. We also spent the night here."

I laugh and kiss his cheek. "But I'm glad you did. Even though it took me a couple of days to finally open up to you."

"A full month to be exact," he chuckles. "But look at us now."

We smile at each other and he unbuckles his seat belt. He gets out the car and walks to my side, opening the door for me. "I have something to show you, Carolina," he says, a slight tone of nervousness in his tone. I smile as I unbuckle my seatbelt. He offers his hand and I place it in his as I step out of his car. The sun is setting, making the clouds look beautiful in the twilight as Tony and I walk towards the sand.

"You're not going to throw me into the water, right?"

He laughs and wraps his arm around me. "How do you always find these things out? Dammit."

I laugh and lay my head on his shoulder as we walk. "Where exactly are we walking to?"

He breaths out. "A certain spot..." he mumbles quietly.

"Huh?" I look up at him.

He bites his bottom lip and smiles. "I need you to cover your eyes, baby."

"Cover my eyes?"

He nods. "Just until I say so."

"Sure," I say and smile. I shut my eyes and feel his lips on my forehead before he holds my hand and leads me to wherever.

I can't stop giggling as I stumble in the sand, trying to get a grip on his hand. "Now?"

"No- no... Not yet.."

"Where are you taking me, Tone?"

"Just trust me. We're almost there."

"I trust you," I barley say and hold his hand tighter.

We come to a random stop and I don't feel Tony's hand in mine anymore. Nor do I feel his body next to mine. "Tony?" I call out.

"Keep your eyes closed for a couple more seconds, baby," I hear him say.

I chuckle. "Where are you?"

I hear some shuffling and things moving around. "Tone?"

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

My eyes open up and my mouth falls open as I see a pretty red blanket spread on the beach sand. There are beautifully lit candles surrounding most it and small lit lanterns spread around the sand. I look up at Tony as he rubs the back of his head with his hand.

"Tony..." I whisper and smile at him. "This is beautiful."

He chuckles nervously and offers his hand to me. I hold it and we both sit down on the soft blanket. I scoot close to him as I wrap my arms around him as he does the same. We both stare at the waves crashing down into each other.

"You did all of this?" I whisper and look up at him. He stares down at me and nods.

"With a little help from pals," he sighs.

I laugh and kiss his lips. "I love it so much. But why?"

He swallows nervously and stares down at his lap. "This is the exact spot where I first opened up to you. Where I told you what you meant to me. The same beach, this exact spot." He looks back up at me and lets out a sigh. "A lot has changed since that moment. That night at the club... When you told me that you felt the same, I felt like I was dreaming. You were drunk, but you were beautiful and everything I wanted in a women and more."

"That was a great night," I say and smile.

He nods and smiles. "It was.. What I'm saying is that I-" he sighs.

"What is it, Tony?" I ask and hold his hand in mine. "Tell me."

He clears his throat and nods. He stands up and holds my hand, pulling me up with him. The sun has already set and the light flickering from the scented candles and lanterns make for perfect lighting as he holds my hand in his. He takes in a deep breath before letting it out.

"Carolina, I know we haven't been together for a long time, but I love you more than I have loved anyone else in my whole, entire life. I can't help but think about the future and I can't see my future without you in it. I don't want to see a future without you in it. You- you make me excited to come home from tour, you make me want to dance horribly at clubs, you make me want to be a better me everyday," he says and grips my hand tighter. I feel tears form in my eyes as he speaks. "Carolina, you're the best thing to happen to me. There was nothing else I thought I needed up until you came into my life. You're what I need and you're what I've been waiting for all along, even without knowing. You're beautiful, you're funny, you're a vet for fucks sake-" we both laugh. "You're perfect to me in every way imaginable. And- and- I know we have our whole lives ahead of us- but I can't wait to spend it with you. But only- only if you let me spend it with you."

There's only one thing I can see happening next, but my mind is too much in shock to believe it would happen. But it does. Tony gets down on one knee and pulls out a small, velvet box from his back pocket. I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand, tears filling up my eyes.

He opens the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "Carolina-" he says as he looks up at me, his dermal glistening some from the light of the candles and lanterns. "My beautiful girl, the apple of my eye, my world-" Tears roll down my eyes at his words and he holds my hand in his again. "Will you marry me?"

My mouth opens wide and without even thinking twice about my answer, I nod excitedly. "Yes! Yes, Tony!" I say to him.

His mouth opens and a light sigh combined with a laugh comes out of his mouth, his eyes glossing. I pull him up to his feet and he smiles brightly at me as he slides the beautiful diamond ring onto my ring finger. I look up at him and throw myself on him, showering him with kisses.

"You've made me the most happiest guy in world right now, Carolina. I love you so much," he says in between kisses. "So much."

We hug each other tightly in the cold, beach breeze, my face stuffed into his warm neck. "I love you too, Tony," I repeat. "I love you too."

After a nice dinner on the beach night, Tony and I headed back home as an engaged couple.
I couldn't stop staring at my ring as I lay in bed right now. Tony's asleep already, but my mind is racing with thoughts about what had just happened.
I'm engaged?!
I cover my mouth and shut my eyes. I'm fucking engaged.
I start to feel anxious and I feel a slight panic attack come my way. Before anything else happens, I quietly make my way out from under the warm covers. I look over at Tony and watch as he sleeps steadily. I grab my undergarments from the floor and and put on some sweats and a shirt.
Before I know it, I'm in my car driving away. Without really thinking about it, I end up driving to where I used to live. With Marisa. I don't know why- I haven't spoken to her in months. But I do. She's the only one who I can talk to about this.
I need steady ground right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Let Love Bleed Red-Sleeping With Sirens

Tony and Carolina are engaged. Carolina said yes, but not even a whole day of being engaged and she's already freaking out. And she's going to Marisa's? Hmm

Thanks to those of you who constantly leave comments and want updates, we appreciate that so much!