Status: Active! :)

I'm Convinced We Don't Make Sense

Take This To Heart

Vic and I were sitting on the couch watching Sweeney Todd. I was starting to drift off to sleep on Vic's shoulder though.

"You falling asleep, baby?" Vic whispered.

"A little," I answered.

"Wanna go up to bed?"

"No, let's just finish the movie..."

"You sure?" he smirked at me.

"Posi-" before I could finish there was a knock at the door. I sat up next to Vic and stared at him.

"Did you invite someone over?" I questioned.

"Not at..." Vic looked at the clock, "12:37 at night..."

I narrowed my eyes on him.

"Oh come on," he said. "Who would I invite over?"

The knocking continued again.

"I don't know..." I shrugged.

"Yeah, let me invite over a girl to the house I share with the girl I'm in love
with," he scoffed.

"You're right," I smiled. I got up, ready to answer the door.

"I'd be smarter and invite her to Mike and Jaime's, then she wouldn't know I'm dating someone," he laughed.

"You dick," I shouted. I walked over and opened the door to see Carolina. My breath caught in my throat.

"Hi," she said. It looked like she had been crying.

"H-hi. Are you okay? Is everything alright with Tony?"
She nodded. "Her come in," I moved out of the way to let her in. Vic was just staring at us.

"Hi Carolina," he finally spoke once she sat in the living room.

"Hey," she cracked a small smile.

"So," I started, taking my seat next to Vic again. "What brings you here?"

She cleared her throat, "Tony proposed to me. I said yes, but I really don't think I can go through with it."

"Um, what do you mean you don't think you can go through with it?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Exactly what I just said," she chuckled.

"But don't you love him?"

"Oh, I love him so much. But we're young and-"

"Jaxin and Natalie are young!" Vic chimed in. "They're happy together!"

"Yeah, I get that. But the band is big and I have a lot going on. And what comes after marriage, kids! I'm not ready for kids at all. I don't even have a dog yet!"

"Well what are you going to do?"

Carolina stood quiet. She sighed, remained quiet, then gulped. "I think I'm going to have to break the engagement off."

"If that's what you want to do, I'm sure Tony will respect that," I said.

She nodded. "I don't want him to be upset, because I'm sure it took a lot of courage to do that. I'm just scared. I don't feel ready. Usually this happens on the wedding day, not hours after the proposal."

"Tony loves you, he will understand if you don't want to marry him. He's not going to leave you or anything. But you have to be completely honest with him, alright?"

Carolina nodded again. "I know, I know. Um, I'm gonna head back home now. But thank you for the help, I appreciate it." Carolina stood up and I did the same.

"Yeah, no problem."

I walked her to the door. She cleared her throat, "Bye Vic."

"Bye Carolina!" he smiled and waved from the couch.

"Uh thanks for being there in my time of need," she smiled.

"It's what I'm here for," I smiled back.

"Okay, bye," she said awkwardly.

"Bye," I said equally awkward.
Carolina opened the door and headed out quickly. I closed the door and locked it. I sighed then went back to sitting next to Vic.

"You okay?" he asked, rubbing my back slightly.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Look at the bright side, now you don't have to just sit around debating whether you're getting a wedding invitation or not. You won't know and it's because you helped her not get married," Vic chuckled.

"You're a fantastic boyfriend. Have I told you that?" I sarcastically asked.

"No you haven't. I'm pretty offended too," he said.
Whether Carolina got married or not, I was still worried for her. I wanted her to be happy. But now I was so confused what this meant for us. Were we back to being friends or was she just desperate she came to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there will be one more chapter then an epilogue. It's time this story has come to an end. We hope you all have enjoyed it though.