Status: Active

No Matter What

Four

They pulled up to the valet line in front of a cozy looking restaurant andNatalie shot a look in Tony’s direction as he got out of the car. The valet boy opened her side of the door and she stepped out a little reluctantly on to the pavement. Tony handed his keys to one of the boys and told them to be careful with his baby because god forbid one of them left a scratch, he would kill them.

“I thought we were going out for drinks,” Natalie smiled, linking arms with her date.

“This is going out for drinks,” Tony grinned, leading her to the front door.

“Hello, how may I help you?” The hostess greeted.

“Reservations for DiNozzo.”

The hostess bowed her head and checked her book, making a mark next to the name. “Right this way,” She said grabbing a few menus.

She led them quite a ways away from the door, off into a much quieter section of the bustling restaurant. By what Natalie could smell, they were at an Italian place. Go figure.

“Your waiteress should be right over,” The hostess said, placing the menus on the table, spinning on her heel and walking back over to the door.

Natalie was just about to reach for her chair, but he grabbed it first, pulling it out for her like a gentleman.

“Why thank you,” She laughed lightly. “I’m not used to you being like this,” She said as he pushed her chair closer to the table.

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me,” He answered a little cocky before taking his own seat at the table.

She raised her brow at his statement. “Oh, like what?”

“Like on Wednesdays you like to wear this pair of black lace panties under your navy blue skirt.”

“TONY!” She hissed. “How the hell…?”

“That skirt is a little short when you bend over.”

“Tony!” She hissed again, this time leaning over the table to smack him lightly on the chest.

“What?” He laughed. “I like them,” He said innocently, picking up his glass of water and taking a sip.

She picked up her menu and began to scan her eyes over the pages, pretending like she knew what things were.

“Maybe you’ll get to see them in person,” She said nonchalantly.

His ears perked up. “Wh-What?”

She shook her head and smirked. “Two can play at your game DiNozzo.”

-----

“Abbs?”

“Yes?” She answered, tearing her gaze away from her computer, only to be welcomed by the sight of Timothy McGee standing in next to her with a bouquet of black roses.

“For you my lady,” He smiled, doing a little bow as well.

“Awhhh,” She cooed. “Thank you McGee!”

She stepped away from her computer and took the flowers from him, finding an empty beaker and filling it with a little water from the sink. She placed them on her lab table right next to her computer.

“I was thinking…” he began, catching Abby’s full attention now. “Since Tony and Nat are done having eye sex at their desks… maybe we could… uhh…”

Abby sighed, “You know what I think about that.”

“I know,” he answered disappointedly, looking down at his shoes.

“But look,” She said, inching closer towards him. “One day, maybe even tomorrow, you and I can go out to dinner, okay?”

“Abby I don’t know how much longer I can keep this a secret.”

She sighed again, wrapping her arms around his waist. “I don’t know how much longer I can either.”

Wrapping his arms around her shoulders, he kissed the top of her head, pulling her in tighter.

-----

“Thank you,” Natalie said, as the two stood outside of her apartment door. He smiled that infamous smile, almost making her knees buckle.

She leaned her back up against her door, looking up at his eyes for quite some time. She was lost in his gaze, and from what she could tell, he was lost in hers as well.

It didn’t take long for her to notice that the gap between them as suddenly closed and he was now hovering just a mere inches in front of her face, causing her heart to beat out of control.

Her eyes tried to search for something in his, but she came up short every time, yet then again, she wasn’t exactly thinking clearly at the moment either.

“Nat?” His warm breath hit her lips.

“Yeah?”

“I’m going to kiss you right now.”

“Okay.”

With that doe-eyed look, she watched as he moved forward, cupping one side of her face with the palm of his hand. Slowly she closed her eyes, feeling the pressure of her lips being against his.

What seemed like hours only passed by in a few short seconds as he pulled away and her eyes fluttered open. Both began to grin like a fool, knowing that they both saw the bright colors of fireworks behind their closed eye lids.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” He whispered, pecking her cheek lightly.

“You don’t want to come in?” She asked, her voice croaking a bit, seeing as how he had just managed to take her breath away.

A coy smile graced his lips. “You’re more than just that kind of girl to me,” He answered, kissing her cheek one last time. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” She called out as he began to make his way towards the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
You should tell all your friends about this.

In other news, one of our horses is going to have a baby!!! I am so very excited! Ah! I can't wait!! Only 10 and a half months to go!

Comment Subscribe You know the drill. ;)