Status: Active

No Matter What

Six

After the little bit of target practice Natalie experience, she decided it would be best if she hid down in Abby’s lab for a while where she was hoping no one would find her, but that didn’t mean Abby wouldn’t leave her alone.

“You get to be a field agent Nat!” Abby gushed. “Do you know how lucky you are?” She asked, tapping away on her keyboard, trying to run another test on a piece of fabric recovered from the crime scene of a man on a Navy battleship.

“I’ve waited so long to go to a crime scene,” Abby said mindlessly. “I always wanted to see a dead body and feel what it’s like to be at the place where the murder happened.”

Natalie sat in the corner on the floor by the refrigerator, clutching Bert to her chest. She was trying to calm herself down, trying to talk herself in to going undercover, but it just wasn’t working.

“Natalie?” Abby’s voice broke her from her thoughts. She looked up at the dark haired beauty in a while lab coat standing in front of her.

“I can’t shoot a person,” Natalie admitted quietly.

Abby sighed, sliding down the glass door of the refrigerator and taking a seat beside her. She pulled her knees up to her chest, just like Natalie had done, and drew in a long breath.

“You don’t have to shoot anyone,” Abby explained. “Gibbs and Ziva and McGee and Tony will take care of that part for you. Especially Tony.”

She leaned her head back against the glass. “Tony won’t let anyone touch you, you know that. He’s got that look in his eye that I know you’re the only thing that matters to him. And Gibbs, he would pull your tiny little butt out of there faster than you could even blink. Then Ziva would take them out with her ninja skills.” Abby smiled thinking about what she was going to say next, “And McGee would come in and save the day and reunite you with the rest of the team once they finished kicking the bad guy’s ass.”

“These guys know what they’re doing,” Abby reassured her. “You have nothing to worry about when you’re with them.”

She wrapped her arm around Natalie’s shoulder, pulling her in to her side for a slight hug. “Trust me,” Abby whispered. “They’ve saved my life a number of times now.”

“Thanks Abby,” Natalie smiled softly. She then squeezed Bert really hard, making a farting noise. The two sat there for a minute before the both fell over laughing at their own amusement.

“So I guess I should go talk to Gibbs,” Natalie said once their laughter had died down.

“You probably should.”

Natalie pushed herself up from the ground, holding on to Bert under her arm. She stood in front of Abby, extending her other arm for her to take.

“Oooh! Wait! I have something!” Abby announced excitedly.

Natalie stood there a bit confused as Abby walked back in to her office and returned a few seconds later, holding a black baseball cap with the letters NCIS embroidered in white on the front.

“There,” She said placing the cap on Natalie’s head. “You are now an official field agent.”

“Thanks Abs,” Natalie grinned, giving her a hug.

“I’ll see you later!” Natalie called out as she walked out to the elevators.

Abby giggled to herself as she stepped back in to her office and grabbed the second black baseball cap that she had in a drawer and put it on her head.

“Special Agent Abby Sciuto,” She said, placing her hands on her hips and standing in an importance stance.

“DiNozzo! Photograph. Ziva! Bag and Tag. McGee---“

“Get statements.”

Abby spun around on her heels.

“McGee!” She squealed, her eyes lighting up at the sight of him, running straight towards him with arms wide open.

“You know that a little too well,” He commented, being caught in her embrace.

“Not to mention, you do look a little sexy in my hat.”

Abby felt her cheeks turn a light shade of pink as she tried to avoid eye contact with him. “I gave Natalie mine,” She said. “So I only had yours left.”

“I don’t mind,” He smiled, leaning forward, lightly kissing her lips.

“Special Agent Abby Sciuto,” He repeated, causing her to smile from ear to ear. “How’s that sound?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler-ish.

So, what do we think? Is Natalie gonna chicken out when she faces Gibbs?

I'm really digging this whole comment swap thing on Mibba too. It's bringing me to some stories I would've never found on my own. So I think I"m going to keep doing it.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SLIGHTLY SHITTY LAYOUT. Fucking editor screwed up and now I'm pissed. all I wanted to do was change the text to the center and it all gets fucked up. Ugh.

Love, Hannah

Comment. Subcribe. You know the drill.