As she predicted

On route to English

“Oh my goodness, I have been a proper idiot! Why don’t you come too?”
“Huh? Wait what?” I look up startled at my science partner. A whole two weeks had passed since Dillon had fallen onto our bench and as promised he had not fallen on me, nor had he talked to me, smiled at me, waved at me, even acknowledged me. Does this disappoint me? Hell freaking yes! Up until two weeks ago, this was the most exciting thing that had happened to me.
“Yeah, you totally should. Everyone is coming, so you’ll fit in fine you can bring your friend too.” She was talking about her party this coming weekend. Since we had been placed together during the first science lesson this was pretty much all I’d heard coming from Danni’s mouth. Not that I minded loads… I can’t say we were particularly good friends, though I did like her.
“I’m not so sure…” I say, looking back down at the text book we had to share to copy out the properties of limestone… because it would benefit me forever…
“It’ll be really fun, I promise. Plus everyone’s planning to get drunk so they won’t care if they don’t normally talk to you after about the first hour.” I made a sort of thinking noise that didn’t sound promising, “They’ll be good looking guys!” She nudged me with her elbow and I had to laugh and she continued, “Look I know a whole load of my friends will probably disapprove of you being there but it’s my party and I want you to come. You seem cool and I’m sure Lexie is too so please come, please?”
“Um… okay, sure.” I smile and she beams back. Did I mention that I like Danni?

“Leeeeexie?”
“No.” She stands at a stop in front of me, an amused look on her face. I will win this.
“You don’t even know what I was going to ask.” I say.
“Okay, ask.” She says as her arm links through mine and we lazily stroll towards the English room where we had our next lesson.
“We’ve been invited to a party…”
“Who’s?”
“…Danni Matthews.”
“We’ve been invited to her party?” She stops shocked. I can see why, one of the reasons I was. Danni was a part of the ‘popular crowd’ so the stuck up, makeup covered, sluts… not that she was really like that… just makeup covered.
“Yes. I told you we’re science partners and I told you she’s nice, she basically begged me. To be fair, it should be fun.”
“When is it?” She asks and we head off again.
“Saturday night…”
“Fine” She sighs “It’ll be awkward though.” I told you I’d win. My best friend, the push over.
“Well obviously, reasons why I wouldn’t even think to go without you!” that made her smile, like I knew it would, Lexie is an open book – very predictable. With that we continued the way to our lesson. It was then, when we were turning the corner onto the corridor that we managed to walk straight into Seth, Connor and Dillon.
“Whoaaa!” I heard Connor say as my head collided with his chest, let me tell you it’s very solid.
“Shit! Sorry” I say looking down at the ground wanting it to sallow me rather than have to face them laughing, which believe me they were.
“No worries Zaara” He replies, and I look up to see the remains of his chuckle still on his lips. He knows my name… I want to marry him.
“You know there are plenty of other ways for you to get my attention Zaar” I look at Dillon as he winks at me. I want to marry him too. I want to marry them all! And suddenly, as though I’ve been hit by a bolt of lightening I get an uncontrollable sense of confidence, am I going to use this to my advantage? Hell yes.
“Pfft, you wish” I smirk, standing up tall.
“Confidence” Connor says, edging around me and walking off.
“I like it” Dillon edges around me the other side just after Connor, we hold eye contact as he smirks at me and I raise my eyebrows slightly in acknowledgment of his statement, in a I’m-sexy-and-I-know-it sort of way. How the hell I am so cool around them is beyond me. Seriously, you might think that I’m just this cool, collected kind of person but I’m not, well… I am most of the time just not around them, on the inside anyway. On the inside, I am completely going mental right now. The inside of me is a five year old in a sweet shop, no scratch that I’m Lexie in a sweet shop. I refrain from saying ‘I bet you do’ thinking it may have taken it to far. I look away before he does and walk freely down towards my class room. Then I realise I’m Lexie-less so I turn around to see her and Seth doing that awkward dance thing when your trying to get passed someone but both end up going the same way, over and over again.
“You know what, let’s try this.” Seth says, putting his hands on either side of her waist and then turns her in a circle so they ended up in each others previous positions.
“That works.” She laughed nervously, not quite achieving the coolness I’m pretty sure she was after.
“Uh yeah” He laughs and then walks off leaving her and joining his two mates walking away, not before I notice glancing back at Lexie and smiling.
Lexie in the mean time seems to trying to remember how to walk.
“Lex?” I say quietly, as though testing the ice. She looks up and laughs. It seems the oddest thing in the world to me that that only lasted about two minutes and people were still heading to lessons. Grabbing the laughing Lexie, linking arms with her again and walked through the door to our lesson.
“Connor knows my name…” I say.
“Seth talked to me…” she says.
“Dillon and I flirted…” I continue.
“Seth put his hands on my waist…” She continues. We sit down in our usual places, look at each other and laugh. And so began the English lesson where we managed to perfect speaking and listening… to each other, even if we where studying Of Mice and Men.

“So you sure this is going to be fun right?” Lexie asks, looking at me as I’m about to knock on the door.
“Totally! … Okay no.” I admit. Putting my hand down and looking at her. “I look okay right?” I ask flatten my red dress out. I’d borrowed it from my sister. It was simple and plain, sticking to my top half going out a bit on my bottom. It looks nice, yet casual enough too. Paired with black dollies with a red bow and curled hair with a black bow I think I looked okay... maybe, I just worried about being overdressed. As per normal.
“Uh yes! As usual you look amazing.” Lexie replies. “Me?” she did. She was wearing a navy blue dress which was a lacy kind of see through material but had a petty coat underneath. Paired with a thin bright pink belt and bright pink pair of dollies she looked really good.
“Yes, obviously so shut up and stop fussing.” I say, typically me.
“Are you ready?” she asks.
“No!”
“Let’s do it then.” And with she knocks on the door. No turning back now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Time to party, party, party!

Hope you guys are liking the story so far :)