‹ Prequel: Daydreamer

Living Our Dreams

o.

I looped my belt around the belt loops of my shorts and buckled it up. I slipped on my shoes and gathered my things. I headed out the change room just as Taylor caught up with me.

"How do you think you did?" She asked.

"Not bad. I think my best was serving, but I absolutely messed up on blocking. The girl I was working with was just.." I rubbed my forehead. "How do you think you did?"

"I think I did great!" She cheered happily. "No, I know I did great!" She jumped joyfully.

I wanted to the lobby to see Tyler leaning by the entrance, zoned in with whatever was on his phone.

"I gotta go. Seeyuh." I waved at Taylor, heading towards Tyler.

"Wait!" She grabbed my wrist forcefully. "That's Tyler Seguin.." She whispered.

"Hockey fan?" I chuckled.

"Nope. Hot boy fan." She grinned. I didn't like the way she said that, or how she looked at Tyler only for his looks, but I didn't say anything about it.

I laughed awkwardly, "Um okay. I'll see you later." I pried her hand off me and walked past Tyler, trying not to get Taylor to follow me or something.

I nodded to his car, trying to tell him to follow me. He caught on slowly, and followed behind me with a reasonable distance. I stopped right next to the car, which was shortly unlocked. I slipped inside, Tyler followed.

"What the hell was that?" He chuckled.

"That girl I was talking to is quite a big fan of your's." I rolled my eyes. Fans these days were getting just slightly out of hand.

"Who isn't a fan of mine?" Tyler flaunted cockily, "Plus she's pretty hot. You know, I have the hottest fans of all celebrities." He smirked.

"You're not a celebrity. You're just a twenty-something who can whack black rubber into a net with a stick." I clarified as he started exiting the parking lot. "A celebrity is more like Gaspard Ulliel.. or other beautiful people." I smiled dreamily.

"Who the hell is Gaspard Ulliel?" Tyler snorted.

I rolled my eyes. "Just drive."

Image

I took a bite from my pear, slurping the juices escaping the fruit. It was sweet, making my after-run snack taste that much better. I've been putting myself on a strict diet since signing up for selection camp. This was a huge dream of mine. Tyler went to a convineince store nearby to grab a bottle of water. He thought that running with me would encourage me to do better. I think it was just because he thought I was starting to be more active than him.

"Oh! Caroline, right?" I glanced to my left to see Taylor, in an attractive, party-like attire. Another, younger looking girl standing next to her, not as dressed up.

"Hey Taylor? What's you got all dressed up. Cute date?" I grinned, but quickly regretted asking.

"Possibly! My little sister here said she spotted Tyler Seguin doing laps around here. I wonder what he's doing in Winnipeg!" She squealed. We both knew how, and let's be honest, boring Winnipeg was. "He was running down the street. Unfortunately, we lost him, but I'm not giving up!" She hooked her arm confidently.

"Oh, well. Good luck, I promised myself one more lap." I lied, starting to turn away from her when I bumped blindly into Tyler's chest. My pear bounced a few times before rolling down the pavement.

"Oh my god." I could hear Taylor murmur.

Tyler wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Watch where you're going, Baby Doll."

I pushed myself off of his chest. "Gimmie a warning next time, why don'tcha?" I muttered sarcastically.

"Hey. I'm Tyler, are you a friend of Care's?" He stupidly stuck his hand out for a good ol' shake.

She eagerly responded, grabbing his one hand with both of her's. "Oh lord. It's really you! You're.. you're! You're Tyler Seguin!" She let out an ear piercing scream. Many of the passerbys glanced at her with annoyance.

"Um. Yes." Was his reply.

"I have one question." She paused, awaiting for Tyler to say something. When he stayed silent, she continued. "Would you ever date a girl like me?" She pleaded.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise as Tyler glanced down at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
numero dos. Je suis hope you like it. It's not very interesting, but it's gonna get better in the next chapter. I promise. Fingers crossed.

Also, I noticed a few of you reccomended my story.

Image

(': I'm so touched guys! Thank you!