‹ Prequel: Daydreamer

Living Our Dreams

fi.

"What're you doing here? You should be at the volleyball camp. It started almost an hour ago!" Theo slammed his notepad and pen on the table.

I scratched my head awkwardly, especially since my hair was slightly oily. I wasn't sure what to say. Explaining my situation to a guy I've only known for under a week wasn't on my agenda. Plus, if I said a thing, it would move to Taylor, then to Tyler. Not only would Taylor think I'm a low class cry baby (something I imagine her coming up with what I knew about her personality), Tyler will think I'm just a nuisance. But it wasn't like I could do anything now.

"I got lost last night." I fiddled with the hem of my wrinkled shirt, "I don't get any service around here with my phone so I spent the night in my car."

"Jesus, Caroline! Tyler was looking everywhere for you last night!" He yelled, exasperated.

My eyebrows rose, "Really now?" I couldn't help but let sarcasm slip through my words.

"Yes!" He muttered, either not noticing my sarcasm or ignoring it, "My sister called him a shit load of times but he never answered his phone. The one time he did, he said you were missing and that he was looking for you. God, you don't wanna see my sister in a pissed off mood."

"You can't tell him I'm here! Please! Just, let me get a bite to eat and I'll be out."

"Out as in?"

I chewed on my bottom lip, considering whether or not I should lie. I decided to lie, "I'll go back to the hotel. Apologize to Tyler."

He gave me a weary look, musing over if he should trust me. "Okay." He said with finality, "What can I get for you?"

"A couple of blueberry pancakes." I told him, fingering the menu. "And black coffee. I need a little jolt of energy."

He scribbled down my order and was off.

I glanced at out the window next to my table, occasionally glancing at various pages in the dessert and drinks menu. An alcoholic drink or a wad of chocolate seemed amazing right now, but it would screw up any possibility of getting into the Olympic team.

The place was pretty dead, despite the amount of workers, so I was surprised when a mote of a person appeared from around another building. The person ran towards the restaurant, quite rushed may I add. As they got closer, I recognized them as a dark haired male. Quite tall, but not in an unusual way. He sported a pair of khakis and a printed tee with some brand I didn't know plastered on the front. If his hair was just a little neater, I could've sworn it was(ppt)I scrambled out of the booth I was seated at, running towards the back for some kind of back door, since he was coming from the front.

I ran through tables, cursing Theo as I discreetly entered the kitchen. Before I could get my entire body into the kitchen, a hand grabbed onto my wrist. I was yanked back by Theo.

"Liar!" I muttered, glaring at him as he held a tight grip.

His eyes softened, most likely from pity. We weren't close enough to have such feelings for each other. "I'm sorry. Tyler was just so worried."

It wasn't long until Tyler walked in. When he noticed me, his lips turned into a smile but his eyes were panicked. "Where the hell did you go?!"

I avoided his gaze once he got close enough. "I stayed with a friend." I murmured.

I heard him sigh. "Can we just—" I was interrupted by the ringing of my own cell phone. I took it from my back pocket. Blocked ID. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Kathy, the president of Volleyball Canada. I'm sorry to say, but you have not made the Canadian Olympic Team." A voice droned from the other end. "Please try again next year, there will always be annual international tournaments. If you have any questions, please call the coach." Then they hung up.

I put down the phone. Tyler glanced at me curiously. "Who was that?"

"Um. No one. Can we just go back to the hotel?" I rubbed my forehead anxiously. "Like now?"

Image

I combed through my damp hair. It was finally great to take a shower. I didn't tell Tyler about the call yet, but he's asked every once in a while. Whenever he could, actually. I knew I had to tell him at one point, since we'd have to head back to Toronto together.

"Wanna tell me now?" Tyler asked when I stepped out of the bathroom.

I sat on the bed, patting the spot next to me. He got up from the couch in front of the TV, and took the spot.

"I got a call from the Canadian Volleyball Organization." I murmured. "I didn't make the team."
♠ ♠ ♠
mote
\ moht \ , noun;

1. A small particle or speck, especially of dust.
2. Moit.

I have once again abandoned you guys. I apologize. And it's short. I'm sorry. Cause it's like, major short. But this is kind of like part one, I'm just gonna post another one in a little bit. I PROMISE THIS TIME. I SWEAR TO GOD.

And guys. I just realized that Canada didn't qualify for the Olympics :'( So in this story, Canada is gonna be Italy! Except, if they end up doing horribly, then it's gonna be changed and warped and.. WELL IT'S FICTION, OKAY? I can make shit up.. LOL.