Status: Comment & Subscribe Please :)

These Dreams

A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem.

The darkness, it's surrounding me. There is light, only coming from the stars and moon. I'm running, I can feel the wind rushing past my face, blowing threw my hair. I'm almost to the tree, I can almost reach it. My eyes open, I'm gasping for air. I look around me, I'm in my room, in my apartment, not in the forest. I can hear the cars passing on the streets

"You need to calm down, Dominic" I said to myself.

I slowly got up out of my now uncomfortable bed; I walk over to window and opens the curtain. I looked out and saw the start of trees, a lot of them. It really is the start of a forest. Most of the teenagers that live in the same apartment complex as I, would always go into the forest to try to have parties, which in my opinion is not the smartest thing to do, One because it is so close to the apartments and Two because they don't know what could be in there.

I looked on into the forest for a few moments longer, then sighed and closed the curtains. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand it read 4:13, I sighed again and shook my head know that I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. My apartment isn't much, but it is just enough for me, it is a one bedroom tiny thing, with a kitchen/ living room/ dining room in one and one bathroom.

I walk sluggishly into my kitchen, and turn on the coffee machine, and head back towards the bathroom. Almost losing my vision when I turned on the lights, I turned on the shower.
I turn back toward the sink and mirror and rest my chin on my hand as I stare at my reflection. My dark brown hair is slightly waving on the ends, my hair isn't really long, but not completely short. My eyes, the part of me that is the first to get complements when I still have clothes on, they are green not a hazel green but a dark emerald green which stand out against my pale, milky skin. My eyes seem less vibrant, only because of the dark circles surrounding them, making me look tired almost dead looking.

I come out of my trance when the mirror started fogging up letting me know that the water of my 15 minute escape was finally warm enough. I strip out of my clothes what little I have on anyway and slip into the shower. As I am standing in the hot water rushing down on me all I can think about is the dream, why can't I go any further, what am I looking for, but even more important why am I even having this same dream over and over and over again.

I shake my head and do what I came into the shower in the first place to do. I turn off the water and slip a towel around my waist and slowly walk back into the kitchen. I pour myself a cup of coffee and drink it slowly as I glance at the clock, I spent more time in the shower then I thought I would it is now 5:45. I groan and remember that I have to get to work in less than 30 minutes. I put my cup of half drunken coffee down on the counter and go back to my room to get ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, welcome to my first story (on this site at least) I know this chapter is short and kind of slow, but it's just to give a feel about the story.